What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.4 today

mr gee got his wish, it piddled down most of the day :D fortunately it didn't bother us since we were inside the big shed :)

the wind is getting up outside and it's getting chilly this evening, it's been a bit of a dud day for the caravan dwellers I'm afraid. There were quite a few walking their dogs on the beach when we went out this morning to do our volunteer stint, all wrapped up in waterproofs :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - I'll take the ACV under advisement, I'll get some when we next go shopping and have a go at making some LC-ish chutney, haven't decided what type yet ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - Powis Castle looks lovely, and that yew hedge is amazing :)

@dunelm - nice loose foliage, you've managed a fine effect with a few strokes :)

@gennepher - we're lucky here then, all our shops still have sanitiser and masks are still mandatory, the case numbers are shooting up again so you would think that sensible care would still be the order of the day :sorry:
I still carry wipes and hand sanitiser myself though and I don't see myself going unmasked indoors any time soon.
Popeye looks very zen sitting there in your mysterious landscape watching the flow of the universe :)

art bit - was trying to get a bit of colour into the foreground, the starch sized Hahnemuhle paper doesn't absorb colour quite the same way as the Fabriano or the Bockingford, it's not bad, just different :D
View attachment 50162
Thanks @geefull

I am shocked how much the sanitising facilities have lapsed here. This area has always been a bit iffy with this. There are several local shops where all the assistants do not wear masks, despite being mandatory. This is good for me as it makes lipreading possible (so a double edged sword in a way).
I will probably always wear a mask indoors, but outside I don't unless there are crowds of people shoulder to shoulder (despite social distancing). I always carry a couple of spare masks because this hot weather for me they get soggy easily (in a few minutes), so I might put a fresh mask for each shop/place I enter. This is for my comfort. I honestly don't know how people wear the same mask all day. I couldn't. And I have no idea how that can be hygienic. I have seen food stains inside a mask when someone has taken it off for me to lipread, and I want to throw up. Most people wouldn't see that. I had better get off my soapbox...

I have never tried the starch sized Hahnemuhle paper. You make very good use of it. Your paintings are an oasis of peace and calm. And I look forward to finding your post when I wake up in a morning..

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am 1949 vintage and yes I was an avid reader of The Eagle and The Topper. Then once a year Santa delivered The Giles Annual, I have a complete set of Giles and they still give me a laugh.
I used to read the Eagle comic (Dan Dare) when I could borrow one/some @Muddy Cyclist
It was considered only suitable for girls to read Bunty and Judy type comics :grumpy: in those days...

I still have two Giles Annuals. I spent hours looking through those...
I am glad you have a full set.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Digital painting in Procreate.
Popeye says hi...

He is on my lap purring, happy for me to use the iPad...

Have a good day...

E0031FFE-6113-48C7-AD73-ABDCB4528D22.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

mr gee got his wish, it piddled down most of the day :D fortunately it didn't bother us since we were inside the big shed :)

the wind is getting up outside and it's getting chilly this evening, it's been a bit of a dud day for the caravan dwellers I'm afraid. There were quite a few walking their dogs on the beach when we went out this morning to do our volunteer stint, all wrapped up in waterproofs :sorry:

@ianpspurs - I'll take the ACV under advisement, I'll get some when we next go shopping and have a go at making some LC-ish chutney, haven't decided what type yet ;)

@dunelm - nice loose foliage, you've managed a fine effect with a few strokes :)

@gennepher - we're lucky here then, all our shops still have sanitiser and masks are still mandatory, the case numbers are shooting up again so you would think that sensible care would still be the order of the day :sorry:
I still carry wipes and hand sanitiser myself though and I don't see myself going unmasked indoors any time soon.
Popeye looks very zen sitting there in your mysterious landscape watching the flow of the universe :)

art bit - was trying to get a bit of colour into the foreground, the starch sized Hahnemuhle paper doesn't absorb colour quite the same way as the Fabriano or the Bockingford, it's not bad, just different :D
View attachment 50162
Thank you @geefull and congratulations to mr gee for not having to water the garden. I like the way that you have juxtaposed the dark far shore with the snow topped mountain in the background and those splendid blue waves

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.1 for me today. Cheese Omelette and Salad last night so expected lower.

All family around for a meal tonight and a treasure hunt demanded followed by a game of Dixit, a board game which they all love playing. Treasure hunt will include some need to write a two line rhyming poem for each clue found in the garden so I hope the rain holds off. So Mrs MC and I look like being busy.

Remember earlier in the year we started a pond in a galavanised bath tub. Well it worked, flowers, frogs and some sort of Larva swimming around, birds also bath in it.
IMG_4939.JPG

Keep safe and take time to be still, watch and listen.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.1 for me today. Cheese Omelette and Salad last night so expected lower.

All family around for a meal tonight and a treasure hunt demanded followed by a game of Dixit, a board game which they all love playing. Treasure hunt will include some need to write a two line rhyming poem for each clue found in the garden so I hope the rain holds off. So Mrs MC and I look like being busy.

Remember earlier in the year we started a pond in a galavanised bath tub. Well it worked, flowers, frogs and some sort of Larva swimming around, birds also bath in it.
View attachment 50165
Smashing bath tub pond - add some water and they will come.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

View attachment 50162
Pleased the wet weather pleased someone, Mr Gee. :)

What a superb painting I like the strong presence of the hill and the contrast between the sea and hills giving that perfectly straight coastal line, the hint of the distant snow capped mountain gives great depth, I like this and as I have said before your own great style.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a decidedly damp start here at our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of antipasti overload together with something from New Zealand, sitting in the warmth of the evening on our balcony last night rocked in at 5.2 this am

A marvelous day yesterday, every duck and goose in the park had to be acknowledged, all swings tested and the group of stone penguins on the promenade had each to be patted and spoken to before a walk down the beach. Strange looks from onlookers so good job we had an infant in tow to explain.

Oh no! Can’t believe that bungling Useless Handblob is canoodling in sight of his Damien Hurst snap of Mrs Queen - surely he is frantically searching for the missing 600 million lateral flow tests amongst the detritus on his desk - “trace” - look it up in your colouring book.

Hornbill (I think) on some hawthorn today - procreate - didn’t bring any art materials with me. Have a great day, don’t book that green list holiday just yet - enjoy your garden - must have koffy.

upload_2021-6-25_7-27-25.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Hello@lindisfel. Have you seen the back copies of the Eagle comic on disc available from ebay. Such detailed illustrations!:)
Not seen the back copies @dogslife but remember well the originals and they were almost engineering drawings and were far more detailed than any seen elsewhere.

Just the sort of education needed for those of us destined to work in the former engineering economy before we lost our way as a country that made things.
Derek

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 50165
An absolutely brilliant pond @Muddy Cyclist

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a decidedly damp start here at our little house on the prairie
The wonder wheel of antipasti overload together with something from New Zealand, sitting in the warmth of the evening on our balcony last night rocked in at 5.2 this am

A marvelous day yesterday, every duck and goose in the park had to be acknowledged, all swings tested and the group of stone penguins on the promenade had each to be patted and spoken to before a walk down the beach. Strange looks from onlookers so good job we had an infant in tow to explain.

Oh no! Can’t believe that bungling Useless Handblob is canoodling in sight of his Damien Hurst snap of Mrs Queen - surely he is frantically searching for the missing 600 million lateral flow tests amongst the detritus on his desk - “trace” - look it up in your colouring book.

Hornbill (I think) on some hawthorn today - procreate - didn’t bring any art materials with me. Have a great day, don’t book that green list holiday just yet - enjoy your garden - must have koffy.

View attachment 50166
Beautiful painting @dunelm
Hawthorn is beautiful at the moment..

Reactions: jjraak