What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Friday in a wet Breckland, not for the fainthearted. Just now I appear to be living through a series of Bear Hunt days - can't go over them etc, each inside a never ending set of Russian dolls. There is a lesson from The Almighty here but L'm either so wicked it needs to continue or so obtuse I don't get the point. In the vernacular 'tis mainly BOHICA , change clothes and repeat each morning. After two days of strange readings I have an fbg of 5.7 and enough supporting data to suggest a bug. Fluid, Naproxen and avoid trigger foods today - we don't need two on crutches. Wonderful art @geefull - make sure the acv has the mother is my tip. Enjoy the LHOTP @dunelm - best stay away from West Suffolk where Matty is revered. Fine artwork from Popeye @gennepher. Lovely pond @Muddy Cyclist - I won't show Julie, she'd like it and I would be incandescent with rage. Oh well, 1.5 L of Assam in and Friday feels better. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.
Lyrics:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not seen the back copies @dogslife but remember well the originals and they were almost engineering drawings and were far more detailed than any seen elsewhere.

Just the sort of education needed for those of us destined to work in the former engineering economy before we lost our way as a country that made things.
Derek
Hi @lindisfel

I have just looked at the Internet Archive, and I can download, or read online some old Eagle comics, and other old comics.

I did read, some time ago, loads of old early science fiction booklets that I collected in 1960's.

I used to do this on the Gutenberg Project, but they have updated their site and I haven't figured out yet how to bring up the stuff I used to find.

Here is a screenshot of the Eagle comic on the Internet Archive. You can read online, or download it. It is all free.

Now, I am off to disappear down the rabbit hole on the Gutenberg Project what it threw up when I typed in Dan Dare, which had absolutely nothing to do with Dan Dare or comics, but it was a pile of interesting stuff...

72C0C1FE-B0D1-42FC-9D23-405F0F995251.png

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. We walked dogs at 7am so as to avoid the forecast rain. Am now relaxing and drinking coffee before starting on the admin and lesson planning at 9.30am.

Yesterday it took me 1 hour 15 minutes to get to my evening classes in Norwich. That's the worst it has been during the Southern Bypass roadworks. I got to my venue just in time to start classes. I must admit I got very stressed - which is probably why I feel so tired this morning. Was very surprised that my fbs wasn't sky high.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. We walked dogs at 7am so as to avoid the forecast rain. Am now relaxing and drinking coffee before starting on the admin and lesson planning at 9.30am.

Yesterday it took me 1 hour 15 minutes to get to my evening classes in Norwich. That's the worst it has been during the Southern Bypass roadworks. I got to my venue just in time to start classes. I must admit I got very stressed - which is probably why I feel so tired this morning. Was very surprised that my fbs wasn't sky high.
Hug for yesterday's stress but winner for bouncebackability - you're like a little tigger:woot:

Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Buy an E-Scooter....;)

Be grateful you don't live in London where the powers that be have decided that making more congestion by rigging lights, narrowing roads and low traffic Networks is how to stop people using their cars..oh and add in £5 an hour to park :arghh:

All with the intention of proving the point that traffic is getting worse, and journey times getting longer, by err emm making it worse to prove the point that traffic & journey times are getting, err worse..honest guv.

Have no real qualms we need to reduce traffic, aka the car, but it does grate me that a valuable tool used around the world...
Talking MOTORBIKES & SCOOTERS here,
NOT E-Scooter, to be clear

Is ignored and punished, when it should be a major part of the solution IF reducing congestion WAS the intention

Cynical ..MOI....how very dare you ....:wideyed:

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not posted fbg for a few days ..no real change so little point ..
but today was a pleasing Sub 7 at 6.4....

so happy to post that one

Diet's been ok ish....

Ok ok .a few too many beers while watching the football, :wacky:

BUT I did try and balanced that up by some pretty decent food, and with a lot more veggies creeping in.

Don't think I'd ever make a vegetarian, but I must admit I am enjoying the resurgence of veg at the moment

Back in the day, I surprised myself how a vegetable curry was my preferred choice

Seems it and me are having a renaissance..

Any how,..... a tiny health update.
While full mobility hasn't quite been restored, the legs ARE operating now at what I would estimate at 90+ %.

Ankles haven't returned ( I don't think) to original shape, still seems to be some residual swelling I'm finding hard to reduce .( Legs up wall,. Helped for a while)

Pure vanity of course, missus always said I had tennis players legs. Quite liked that compliment
Now rather less so since fall :sorry:
( 1st world problems.... I know :rolleyes::bag:)

Tried a little gentle jogging on the spot the other week, felt fine at time, but I did ache the next day or so

Think I just have to weather that to get to the next level

Overall feeling like I'm almost back to where I was pre fall
Plan to join our Steph at gym next week, to begin tackling that last 5% or so.

One heck of a year, finally starting to straighten out...( I hope )

Enjoy the day fellow low carb warriors.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Hi @lindisfel

I have just looked at the Internet Archive, and I can download, or read online some old Eagle comics, and other old comics.

I did read, some time ago, loads of old early science fiction booklets that I collected in 1960's.

I used to do this on the Gutenberg Project, but they have updated their site and I haven't figured out yet how to bring up the stuff I used to find.

Here is a screenshot of the Eagle comic on the Internet Archive. You can read online, or download it. It is all free.

Now, I am off to disappear down the rabbit hole on the Gutenberg Project what it threw up when I typed in Dan Dare, which had absolutely nothing to do with Dan Dare or comics, but it was a pile of interesting stuff...

View attachment 50168
Thanks.
It was the early editions I saw, Gennepher, published from 1950.
Sorry, I am showing my age. ;)
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As with sport so with the mysterious management of The D. Sometimes you can plan and execute to the gm but you just meet a better opponent. No whinge just to hopefully encourage any members who are confused and a little deflated with their results/progress. Those outcomes all delivered within target 23 gms carb and 1628 cals. Swipey is just not having any of it. Pre testing I'd never have known what was going on. Good to know but no practical use for a few days whilst buggyMcbugdace/hayhayIrulethedayfever hangs around.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-25 10.34.52.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-25 10.34.52.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 75

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As with sport so with the mysterious management of The D. Sometimes you can plan and execute to the gm but you just meet a better opponent. No whinge just to hopefully encourage any members who are confused and a little deflated with their results/progress. Those outcomes all delivered within target 23 gms carb and 1628 cals. Swipey is just not having any of it. Pre testing I'd never have known what was going on. Good to know but no practical use for a few days whilst buggyMcbugdace/hayhayIrulethedayfever hangs around.

Interesting for the data, but a hug for the lurgey.

Poor timing while Julie's laid up.
Stay strong

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting for the data, but a hug for the lurgey.

Poor timing while Julie's laid up.
Stay strong
Thanks. I suspect somewhere in the mix extra duties and unacknowledged sleep disturbance from Julie play their part. Carbs/diet take one only so far. Like any challenge the key question is usually how much do you want this mate? I know my answer so what about the oppo?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting. Read this in the news earlier now I hear the nursery 2 granddaughters attend is closed today as too many children are sent when ill so staff shortages. Infection rate in this area 0-2. Curiouser and curiouser .

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-25 11.44.00.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-25 11.44.00.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 71

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening / Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen. Been following instructions issued by Mrs J hence latish posting.

A 6.8, no comment!

This afternoon things will return to full. Yes I'm going to be busy, but only after an afternoon nap.

Remember the stays.

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning from here @TooSweetForMe
Welcome to this thread
:)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Numbers not quite as good this AM - had .5 orange cranberry muffin with my .5 pb sandwich for bedtime snack last night. Think I will try .25 muffin tonight.

Fasting @ 7am: 128 (Diathrive) / 140 (AccuCheck Guide Me)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks.
It was the early editions I saw, Gennepher, published from 1950.
Sorry, I am showing my age. ;)
D.
Oh, no problem @lindisfel
That was the first one that the internet archive threw at me.
I only read the early 1950's versions.
And here is a screenshot of what I remember from 1950's
This is the familiar covers I knew of the Eagle.

16E8C60D-5F35-4BE3-AF42-367EF3DFB981.png

And if you with to read the first 10 copies of 1950
Here is the link...

Dan Dare's Eagle Magazine: First 10 Issues published in 1950 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

https://archive.org/details/DaneDaresEagleMagazineFirst10IssuesPublishedIn1950

Right, I am off for a read now...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Numbers not quite as good this AM - had .5 orange cranberry muffin with my .5 pb sandwich for bedtime snack last night. Think I will try .25 muffin tonight.

Fasting @ 7am: 128 (Diathrive) / 140 (AccuCheck Guide Me)
Hi @TooSweetForMe
They do sound tiny portions :(
I too need to eat small portions