What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.4 this morning. Had my birthday celebration yesterday, ate a lot of protein so happy with FBG blood results - but not with DP which hit subsequently.
FB_IMG_1624618219835.jpg

Reactions: Ryhia

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Best wishes for bloods. Pre move I scheduled my bloods for just before my June birthday and Christmas to cut myself some slack. No review since Dec 2019 - tests Monday unlikely to feel like sharing.
Not even if they are very good? Hope they are very good as it will affirm all your hard work.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 on Swipey today. Higher sleep score, lower resting pulse and joints functional. @DJC3 thanks for the concern, I appreciate that. My guess is a combination of hay fever in strange climes, all the bugs from grandchildren, sleep pattern disturbed and lc, always lc's fault. Nursery 2 granddaughters attend may shut for a while as too many staff getting ill from kids turning up poorly. For £2k per month parents want vfm. Lots of kids turning up at A and E.

Last edited:

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today. Moved over to a meat only diet and my bloods are staying in the 5s. Yesterday 5.4, 5.9 ,5.4 and the day before that was the same. I had liver, bacon and onions yesterday and it went up to 6.8 so going to cut the onions out and it should level out :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.8 after griddled salmon and asparagus which just proves I have lost the plot. Yesterday was 7.3 after FFF so going forward might have to rethink that. Happy belated birthday @Ryhia and good luck to you and @ianpspurs for tests. I keep pushing mine forward but the way I am going I might as well get on with it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.8 after griddled salmon and asparagus which just proves I have lost the plot. Yesterday was 7.3 after FFF so going forward might have to rethink that. Happy belated birthday @Ryhia and good luck to you and @ianpspurs for tests. I keep pushing mine forward but the way I am going I might as well get on with it.
Hug for this run of higher fbgs and the good wishes for my bloods. Salmon and asparagus sounds devine, stuff the meter.

Reactions: nutribolt and Ryhia

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your good wishes re blood tests. Yet to call to arrange as I am a great procrastinator. Sorry to see your struggle with your bloods hope they come down soon.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today, happy with that.
Happy belated birthday from me too @Ryhia and good luck with the bloods.
@ianpspurs hugs for the higher than usual fbg, I hope you’re not coming down with something nasty.
@TooSweetForMe no pre breakfast thread as far as I’m aware but you could always start one if you want to.
Thank you for your good wishes re bloods, pretty sure they are going to be a little higher this year - trying to manage my cholesterol and still keep to low carb high fat is trying.

Reactions: HeliGary and DJC3