What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.9 this morning.

Ran 5k, fastest 1k time, still with a dodgy knee, which is probably muscular and not necessarily joint now.

5.4 in middle of afternoon after lunch and pre a late shift, I’ll take that as a reasonable result.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 4.9 on Swipey even after salmon salad and bedtime insinuation of 3.9. @DJC3 I may have been eating way more cals due to a clerical error over amount of flaxseed in my parridge. Heston's scales urgently needed for amount but bathroom scales imply the lower input. Either way, I'm after the protein, fibre, satiety and transit along with 200 gms Fage 0%, inulin and chia seeds protein powder. Seems to work.:woot:

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. Another week eating higher protein and without alcohol seems to be helping me stay in the 5s That’ll all go awry today though: Sunday lunch is protected time and a couple of glasses are on the cards.
@ianpspurs Good to know you are not wasting away. Whatever you’re doing it seems to work for you. Cronometer tells me I am consistently short of folate, vit D and Vit E so I need to tweak things a bit.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. Another week eating higher protein and without alcohol seems to be helping me stay in the 5s That’ll all go awry today though: Sunday lunch is protected time and a couple of glasses are on the cards.
@ianpspurs Good to know you are not wasting away. Whatever you’re doing it seems to work for you. Cronometer tells me I am consistently short of folate, vit D and Vit E so I need to tweak things a bit.
Thanks. Hitting the nutes and vits through diet is a mission. I use these but still can't meet potassium target most days. Are you finding Cronomter useful? Absolutely no Sunday lunch or alcohol here but enjoy yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

whiteorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 15.6 which is actually quite low for me at the moment! It is usually around 18 and has been as high as 29 and I do not know why. Help!!!!!

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning and 6.7 overnight. Though i broke my fast yesterday evening as i had to fight myself to resist the smells when we went to M&S so after coming home i prepared low carb cutlets.

That would have been fine too but then i tasted a bit of Tzatziki and before I knew it I had finished the whole bowl.

I am fairly certain that increased my carb count.. I don't regret it though... it was so yummy.

Have a great Sunday everyone. :)