What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. Hitting the nutes and vits through diet is a mission. I use these but still can't meet potassium target most days. Are you finding Cronomter useful? Absolutely no Sunday lunch or alcohol here but enjoy yours.

I’m finding the cronometer fascinating but addictive. I’m spending too much time Googling ‘foods high in manganese’ etc. It’s certainly an eye opener and not as complicated to use as I first thought.
I know you and @ziggy_w have used it for a while, so thanks for the recommendation. Also thanks for multivitamin link - sold out atm but I should be able to get something similar.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No amount of Boosterism can make a wet, cold, allegedly summer, day and 5.3 on Swipey feel remotely good. Put up or shut up time for me and LC - bloods today, first in 18 months. My feeling is LC is doing me as much harm as good but feelings aren't evidence. If I'm proved wrong I'll happily eat humble pie - LC/P:E obs. Yes, @DJC3 Cronometer sends one searching for foods high in ?? then on to multivits. I mainly use copy previous day.

Last edited:

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 this morning.

Looks like I’ve got the new regime dialled in.

10U Lantus, 1 x 500mg Metformin twice a day, and around 90 something grams of carbs a day and I’m 5s in the morning and 6s at bed time.

Only issue is how much flexibility I have. I’ll give it another few days then try a higher carb meal to see how much I’m affected.

Need to work out how that will work given I’m on a cruise in July. Can’t see I’ll have as much control of my carbs there!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. The last two days 7.0 so drastic action needed. Starting with extending the nightime fast ie eating supper earlier. Happy Monday.

Hugs and good luck with the new plan of eating earlier. I’ve often found it helps, certainly fbg is usually higher if I eat late.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is still June isn't it? I'll go with the 5.3 not the 4.5 which were both available from Swipey. The lower one probably due to laying on the sensor just prior to swipeywipeydoo. Bloods done for first time in 18 months now for the next crisis. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 at 6AM at nearly 36 hours mark of fasting. I might take it all the way till 60 but it depends on signals my body gives... lately by evening I start feeling a bit cold and that is my signal to break fast... so we shall see.

Best of luck for the blood test @ianpspurs

Red meat and higher numbers... I have not observed that correlation but looking back at my food diary and numbers methinks you might be on to something here @DJC3

Have a great day everyone. :)