What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 at 6AM at nearly 36 hours mark of fasting. I might take it all the way till 60 but it depends on signals my body gives... lately by evening I start feeling a bit cold and that is my signal to break fast... so we shall see.

Best of luck for the blood test @ianpspurs

Red meat and higher numbers... I have not observed that correlation but looking back at my food diary and numbers methinks you might be on to something here @DJC3

Have a great day everyone. :)
Thanks. I'd like to take luck out of the equation really. Good job with the fasting.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My FBG was the lowest measure I saw yesterday, spent the day mainly in the 6s.

same here... although today it has been a bit better and am seeing 5.2s and such but quite frankly given I am into 40+ hours of fasting at this point I would have been really surprised to see it any higher - ideally it should have been in late 4s by now - no idea what is spiking the darn sugars.

Reactions: DJC3

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
no idea what is spiking the darn sugars.

Ok this is one mystery solved... my daughter had some cold.. severe enough that she was sent back from school as they suspected it was COVID and we had to go to the test centre and get her tested.

It wasn't COVID per the test results but its severe cold alright. Now I have it from her which explains higher numbers.

Although right now its 4.5.. we will see what it turns out in morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 at 5.30AM with overnight average of 4.5. Although this could be the effect of two aspirin tablets i took last night and because I can't take it empty stomach I ate two fried eggs with the low carb flaxseed bread.

Have a great day everyone. :)

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 this morning.

That’s the one downside of a basal only regime. You need to be exact with the carbs every day to keep the numbers stable.

Yesterday I had probably 4g of carbs less than usual throughout the day and here we are.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.7 for me
FB_IMG_1617886634974.jpg

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.4 this morning.
Hugs for the cold @nutribolt .
Good luck smoothing out the glitches in your new regime @DisFanJen you have a great attitude.
Thanks. As I half jokingly say to my friends, there's nothing like nearly dying to give you a major attitude adjustment. :)

To be fair 4.9 isn't a major issue as long as I wasn't going too low over night, but the care team want my HBA1c at 48 so if it's lower at the next check I can see them messing with things again and I'd sort of like to have a period of stability in my regime.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok this is one mystery solved... my daughter had some cold.. severe enough that she was sent back from school as they suspected it was COVID and we had to go to the test centre and get her tested.

It wasn't COVID per the test results but its severe cold alright. Now I have it from her which explains higher numbers.

Although right now its 4.5. we will see what it turns out in morning.

Hugs for the cold hope you are feeling ok?

Its taken me a good 3 weeks to get on top of the head cold I have had, not nice. The cold didn't seem to do too much to my bloods though as they were only slightly raised. I think my raised issue is the result of cutting out breakfast - body seems to expect and want food when I get up otherwise I think my liver helpfully provides some.

Bloods 5.9 this morning.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.8 today dont know if its eating earlier or thanks to Mr Kane and Mr Stirling!
Don't know if I dare admit this but we missed the match last night! - hubby couldn't bear to watch it. It took @ianpspurs post for me to understand what you were referring to. :bag: Thanks Ian. ;)

Last edited: