What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 at 7:30 soon I am going to Florence, if I can find out and exercise all the documenting and online stuff besides the EU-covid pasport updated less than 48 hours with a PCR-test before entering the country... I think I'll only bring my pills and not measure my blood for that week, hope for eggs and cheese for breakfast , have read the Italians only eat croissants or other cakes for breakfast..But of cause I'll walk a lot these days :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 at 7:30 soon I am going to Florence, if I can find out and exercise all the documenting and online stuff besides the EU-covid pasport updated less than 48 hours with a PCR-test before entering the country... I think I'll only bring my pills and not measure my blood for that week, hope for eggs and cheese for breakfast , have read the Italians only eat croissants or other cakes for breakfast..But of cause I'll walk a lot these days :)
Best wishes for finding all the paperwork. Enjoy Florence.

Reactions: nutribolt

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
More like summer in Forest Heath today. Unwelcome 5.3 for me today but >1 hr later waking, higher sleep score and lower resting pulse. Red meat isn't all bad for me but really does need limiting - once a fortnight?. Gourmet Kitchen burgers - well they were burgers so probably can't sue. Chin up @DJC3, @PenguinMum and @Andydragon, she'll be right.

Last edited:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 at 6AM and 5.5 right now. Aspirin can do that to the BG numbers for me and I had 2 tablets 200mg each again last night.

I am trying to avoid taking paracetamol if I can help it as that has the opposite effect on BG numbers from what I have observed in past. Will need to wait and see.

Have a great day everyone. :)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 at 6AM and 5.5 right now. Aspirin can do that to the BG numbers for me and I had 2 tablets 200mg each again last night.

I am trying to avoid taking paracetamol if I can help it as that has the opposite effect on BG numbers from what I have observed in past. Will need to wait and see.

Have a great day everyone. :)
Winner for the numbers but hugs for the cold.

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 today. Thats 3 days in a row now :). Had to test twice as it said 3.9 on other hand it was 4.6. Got a vivacheck inox and some times i got a reading thats a bit off but getting used to my bloods as i am on a meat only diet theres no room for mistakes

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Question as a newcomer to the world of T2 especially with meter testing myself:
I am eating to a relatively low carb diet - should I be expecting spikes after eating? Yesterday, my levels were no higher than 6.4 and no lower than 5.8 - tested pre each meal and post each meal.