What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 at 6AM and 6.3 right now. It's the magic of Aspirin still, and there is no fasting I can do while I am still taking medicine... It's a pretty stubborn cold. :( ... but hopefully should be over by next week.

Funny that having to eat everyday feels like such a chore when only 9 months back my whole life used to revolve around food... now I don't feel like eating as am usually pretty satiated, so I settle for some fibre rich food just so Aspirin doesn't damage anything inside. Needless to say I love my medicine free life better.

Have a great day everyone. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At any stage or just the 2 hr mark?

Any stage, although of course I can’t be sure of it unless I’m wearing a Libre. One of the most enlightening bits of Libre info for me was the 3 hr peak I got with some foods

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 today, the worst in some time. Struggling with hayfever plus a bit of a bug so had two paracetamol last night, and slept dreadfully so don't know if that has been a deciding factor in the rise.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 still much higher than I’d like after calves liver for dinner last night - gave a very steep rise in BG afterwards which was quite a surprise.

Reactions: karen8967

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
forgot twice to measure before I had breakfast this week , still busy preparing for my holiday I am so excited.. but yester day and today was 7.1 and 7.4 ... rainy weather here in DK like the average danish summer. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Initial swipe of 5.3 here on a gloomy. wet morning in Forest Heath. Stick a pin in the list of possible causes for a week of higher bg levels because the authorised versions don't cut it. @ultradad you are smashing it. @DJC3 calves liver and steep rise:arghh: organ meat is allegedly the dogs something or other. @Freema great that you are excited for the hols. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits - berries, natch.