What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Popeye asleep on my bed. No room for me....

CDB8B2F9-B5EF-4415-B3EB-A5AB5181459F.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another dull start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted cauliflower with crispy cauliflower greens and some obligatory protein in the form of diced pancetta came in at 5.2 this am.

Girl in the bubble was in fine fettle yesterday - ducks, geese and pigeons crowded round in the park - she is well known for her largess when it comes to mixed bird seed. A visit to a motor factor to buy four M8 flanged bolts - I removed the top box rack from my bike and for the life of me couldn’t find the original 40mm bolts (the top box rack has 80mm) - all to do with increasing pain when getting on and off my bike - so, remove anything that may hinder the mount/dismount routine. It’s the age of the train - or leaves on the line. A pleasant hour or so jet washing the drive - what fun. Bin day today and already lined up for the dual parade of the bin lorries - recycling bin first and then the afternoon bonus treat of the garden waste bin lorry.

Art bit - a boat and some trees -boat sideways on - homage to Suez - have a wonderful Wednesday if you can. Koffy.

View attachment 50426

Hugs for mount/dismount problems with bike @dunelm
Long may you be able to ride it...

Great homage to Suez art!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. Will catch up with posts later as time seems to have flown by this morning. Off for dog walk then morning classes at Beetley Village hall.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Cloudy at the moment but another pleasantly warm day in prospect.

I must get all my grass cut before my cataract op on saturday! So after I take the better half to the shops this am I shall get the mower out, fill it up with petrol and forget the grass box and mulch the grass and kick it around for the worms to pop up and eat.

I think if its not too warm I should get it done in a couple of days and sit out quite a lot at the same time.
This is one of the problems of living past four score years, the capacity for work is not the same!
I am waiting for the magic bullet to cure all ills! ;)
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A very good morning to you all from Forest Heath cum every state in the union. No fbg today but 6 years ago I had dropped into the 4s and even saw a 3.9 by week two of LC. Probably due to mistaking per serving value for enough to satiate plus vastly ramping up exercise. Obviously not sustainable but weight and clothing fell orf fast. Splendid art @dunelm and I may give that meal a run out sometime. Good for you Popeye and splendid montage @gennepher . @Krystyna23040 The Brecks is popular today and I think I like Dereham - I googled Beetley. Two days of grandchild minding then three weekends of birthdays and possibly a grandson:woot: Advance into Wednesday with gusto chums and chumettes.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Cloudy at the moment but another pleasantly warm day in prospect.

I must get all my grass cut before my cataract op on saturday! So after I take the better half to the shops this am I shall get the mower out, fill it up with petrol and forget the grass box and mulch the grass and kick it around for the worms to pop up and eat.

I think if its not too warm I should get it done in a couple of days and sit out quite a lot at the same time.
This is one of the problems of living past four score years, the capacity for work is not the same!
I am waiting for the magic bullet to cure all ills! ;)
D.
Rationing out the grass cutting sounds like a great idea. Not so much a magic bullet but a good dose of theriac, mixed by a moon rabbit, may prove disastrous treacle.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen on this national bin day.

A 4.6 on that evil, scheming meter of deception this morning.

Me and me's are going to have to order coal in bulk for my steam driven sliderule if these low readings continue, tea bag are already ordered in bulk, give me quantum mechanics anyday over trying to calculate my insulin dosage.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers me and me's hope things are running well for you all, now it's time to take leave and start my busy day.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right trying to gear up to next week

Just checking i've got this Coronageddon right.

We COULD have just waited until as many as possible were vaccinated,...

but then we run into the winter season with other ailments to the fore to put pressure on the NHS....ok I can see some sense in that.

People want parts, if not all their old lives & ways back ...
I do, but we still need to be cautious, surely

We COULD have just allowed as many to part take of normal society as much as possible, WITH mask wearing AND social distancing, while people continued to get vaccinated and data tumbled in about severity or not of this wave .

Thus giving many as much as is SAFE & Practical, until more are vaccinated and data confirms the safety element of more contact equals lower risks

But instead, the Govt has decided to let it rip no matter what cost ...( Which they won't be paying, btw..we will )

And additionally, for 6 weeks we'll be paralysed regardless of how horrendously wrong it goes because no one's in charge, it's HOLIDAY time... yippee.

In other news, must infuriate a football fan like Johnson .:hilarious: :hilarious::hilarious:

that his boyhood dream of hosting the England Squad has been refused by the team ..<Standing Ovation>

Squad declined to attend No 10 and be the dancing bears to entertain & enthrall Johnson & co.
(Sure most can work out why from media reports )

Must gall some in charge mere footballers dare to have such integrity..

But for others it offers HOPE.

Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
In other news, must infuriate a football fan like Johnson .:hilarious: :hilarious::hilarious:

that his boyhood dream of hosting the England Squad has been refused by the team ..<Standing Ovation>

Squad declined to attend No 10 and be the dancing bears to entertain & enthrall Johnson & co.
(Sure most can work out why from media reports )

Must gall some in charge mere footballers dare to have such integrity..

But for others it offers HOPE.
Unlikely source in my opinion but green shoots of hope. I never detected much love for the Britannia Unchained loons and their spell in govt has caused some real head in hands reflection inside the Blue Team. Buy shares in Rishi. The fundamentals of BJ look overpriced. Juvenal made it clear it was both bread and circuses. The circus left town Sunday and he's no use whatsoever at providing bread.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry to be so bleak this morning

But to my mind THIS is a shocking alarm bell.

https://allysonpollock.com/?p=3690

there will no longer be a statutory duty on any body to arrange provision of secondary (i.e., hospital) medical services – only a power for ICBs to do so;

2nd read going through parliament

I've bothered to email my MP
Wonder if others might be inclined to email theirs ?

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Dunelm,
When you go down into East Yorkshire keep your eyes peeled! There is a Black-browed Albatross off the cliffs north of Flamborough. It think probably it likes the shape of a gannets jib? That is, in lieu of another albatross that is of the appropriate gender.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to be so bleak this morning

But to my mind THIS is a shocking alarm bell.

https://allysonpollock.com/?p=3690

2nd read going through parliament

I've bothered to email my MP
Wonder if others might be inclined to email theirs ?
I would email mine but he has "issues" just now. Feeling bleak? This reminds me what people can be :woot::woot:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.20am FBG 5.8 best for days including the days I didn't test.
Still struggling through. Managed not to binge on carbs or alcohol yesterday. Did have extra snack of cheese before lunch.
It's amazing how much weight I have gained in such a short time. This is really unusual for me as normally it's difficult to put it on and falls off easily. Really does show how insulin is storing all those carbs as fat. Yuk ....