What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You are right - my fbg is better now than it has ever been since diagnosis. I am cautiously optimistic that prioritising protein will, over time, repair the damage that years of eating starchy sugary carbs has caused.
Really good to hear. Obviously the Govt will reject the sugar and salt tax proposal because ........ ??:banghead::banghead:

lindisfel

Expert
How the heck do you turn corners on a fixed speed mower @lindisfel
I would want a throttle....
t0245.gif
Hi gennepher,
That's the problem you just have to keep disengaging the drive and then re engaging it again, you can't even slip the clutch.
The mulcher is an asset because provided the grass is not too long it saves all the hassle of taking all the grass to the compost heap so it halves the work cos we have a long garden.
D.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who ignore political posts.

A 5.3 this morning on that scheming meter of mystery and unpredictability.

It's been a busy morning here at Tilehurst Towers, me and me's have been supervising Mrs J trimming the front hedge. This afternoon the top of the hedge will be hacked, butchered and generally messed up, yep you guessed it, I shall be wielding the hedge trimmer, while ignoring Mrs J's instructions, I'm not very good and according to Mrs J don't care.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers have a great afternoon and remember the stays.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

It's been a busy morning here at Tilehurst Towers, me and me's have been supervising Mrs J trimming the front hedge. This afternoon the top of the hedge will be hacked, butchered and generally messed up, yep you guessed it, I shall be wielding the hedge trimmer, while ignoring Mrs J's instructions, I'm not very good and according to Mrs J don't care.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers have a great afternoon and remember the stays.
If your hedge needs levelling up just make vacuous promises alf no need for any actual work.

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting article which suggests pandemic induced T2 could swell our numbers sooner rather than later. I'm also pretty sure modern working and commuting environment has played a part in the "explosion"

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Ooh! Freestyle topiary - Banzai!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
But I was early, so went in the church graveyard at the back, Had a few conversations with some of the residents walking through...
Wasn't it a bit scary to meet the residents of the graveyard as they walked through.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
topiary, or not topiary that is the question;)
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The electric hedge trimmer of outrageous fortune,
Or to take sheers against a hedge of troubles
And by opposing, cut them.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting article which suggests pandemic induced T2 could swell our numbers sooner rather than later. I'm also pretty sure modern working and commuting environment has played a part in the "explosion"

Looking to be an awful future for many

And with diabetes being so close to home here, the idea those on insulin won't be able to afford it, doesn't bear thinking about if the privatisation goes through.

And odd, how places are above where we were, before we thought it was safe to unlock last time

https://twitter.com/shimself/status/1415661197513347073?s=19

Grim, and we haven't begun The Purge: Covid Special

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking to be an awful future for many

And with diabetes being so close to home here, the idea those on insulin won't be able to afford it, doesn't bear thinking about if the privatisation goes through.

And odd, how places are above where we were, before we thought it was safe to unlock last time

https://twitter.com/shimself/status/1415661197513347073?s=19

Grim, and we have begun The Purge: Covid Special
Interesting twist on levelling up revealed by the graph. Which ever party was in power for the last decade should probably hang their heads in shame if they weren't totally immune. Herd immunity.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting twist on levelling up revealed by the graph. Which ever party was in power for the last decade should probably hang their heads in shame if they weren't totally immune. Herd immunity.

So Roger Irrelevants plan is a plea for people to send postcards with ideas....oh..kay.:rolleyes:

Must of have got that one from Churchill's call for postcard ideas during Dunkirk .:hilarious:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
cant say i'm a lover of snakes, @SlimLizzy

but i did google to find out more..

seems it is endangered in Germany, and protected status in France.

i do like you seem ok with it, so it has a chance to be at rest around you.
I was a bit startled when it emerged from the drain I was trying to clear, but I had caught glimpses of it in that area before. Now I know where, and as important when, to look have seen it three days in a row, being very careful not to frighten it, of course.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The electric hedge trimmer of outrageous fortune,
Or to take sheers against a hedge of troubles
And by opposing, cut them.
Here in France it is currently illegal for me to cut the hedge. Have to wait until end of the month. Law is to protect nesting birds.