What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.8 this morning.
Yesterday bit strange after a particularly carby day for me yesterday my after dinner bg was 13 3 hours later at bedtime was down to 4.6 quite a big rise then steep drop so this mornings 5.8 was welcome.

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back in the 6's with a 6.6 after a run of 7's so pleased with that. One day of reducing carbs to 100 and back walking :)

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So hubby and I have been in Wiltshire child minding for a few days, DILs childminder let her down so she rang us. We live 6 hrs away so quite a journey. (Took us over 8hrs to get back because of traffic and weather). Enjoyed the kids but it looks like the previous happy numbers I had seen are now but a distant memory. While we have been away, FBGs have all been in the high 5s. Todays was 5.8. I could give lots of reasons but I suspect it is just how it is. Will be being careful over the next few days to see if numbers can have another downward trend - Time will tell. Cheers folks.

Last edited:

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
An embarrassing 8.7 on my Left Hand and less embarrassing 7.7 on my Right Hand. OK, I got up two hours before I took sample, so I reckon come mid afternoon I’ll be back at low 6s, again. Such joy!