What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 at 6AM and 5.3 right now... overnight average is 4.2. I stopped fasting at 20 hrs mark yesterday so the readings are quite surprising really.

I am a bit perplexed at the erratic readings though... in 6.x after longer fasts yet in 4.x after shorter fast. Need to understand why that might be... but I seem to have found the limitations of all knowing Google.

Have a great day everyone. :)

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. So Swipey was wearing 4.9 this morning. Neither Brentford happy nor Hameed sick as a parrot over that. @Estragon thanks for the compliment and we may need the Burnley Lara. @DJC3 enjoy the Holiday. I've never been to The Lake District - Julie has - just doesn't appeal. Hills and water (cold? wet?) aren't for me. @Ryhia great run of bg and the only baking we ever made work had protein powder.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to sadly report of a rise in blood sugars this morning. Had a bit of a stressy day yesterday as we travelled down a very congested motorway with at least 3 breakdowns/accidents and two cars playing chicken for a few miles to look at a potential new car. Cost was equivalent to the prices of houses in 1975 and detached ones at that. Considering how much we paid for ours, how long we have had it and what we were offered on our old one, are these things really worth the prices they charge?
Tested at 5.9 - hoping everyone is ok today.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuNuman

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A happy 5.2 very early this morning. Off to the Lake District on hols today and expecting a long long drive.
Gosh that is a long journey worse than from my house to Wiltshire - hope the roads are quiet for you and that you enjoy your hols - family are off to Pooley Bridge next week camping. Kids can't wait.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, Swipey felt 4.8 would suit me for Sunday best :meh:. Longish period in 3s from and OMAD of rump steak (I prefer ribeye but like a bargain), halum chips and salad from 2 hrs after through night - low to mid 4s on stabbington so comfortable?. There may be mileage in red meat eating for me but the kgs are king in Pworld.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I don't understand? I've been given 4 likes to my morning number, which has risen one whole point over yesterday. Is it that this signifies something good happening to me, hence the "likes"? For my money, I do not like an increase over yesterday. Confused . . . ?

Reactions: ianpspurs

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't understand? I've been given 4 likes to my morning number, which has risen one whole point over yesterday. Is it that this signifies something good happening to me, hence the "likes"? For my money, I do not like an increase over yesterday. Confused . . . ?

Hi,

To avoid the risk of derailing the topic. Why not private message & ask the members involved...? :)

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
I was 6.4 on waking. Then 2 hrs after breakfast 4.4??? Does this seem odd? X

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I know this is late in the day but my fbg this morning was 3.6.