What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.6 - “Whilst in the Land o’ The Sticky-Sixes, Estragon mused on the repetitiousness of existence. Then went into the garden and ate……..

Sunday will be relatives and Leg of Lamb accompanied by Cote du Rhône. That always cheers me up.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.7 on Swipey - no it won't do. My hunch is I simply have no bandwidth to deal well with bugs on the <1800 cals which is all I can usually force myself to eat by constraining carbs to 15-30. I managed 5 years much better but this move is a pig to integrate into a lifestyle I understand anymore. 2 thinking caps needed fella. I simply hate losing anything and yes I know being a Spurs fan I should be used to it.

Last edited:

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.8 this morning at 0645.

Started using a Libre 2 for first time yesterday, so I can track BG trends while running, really surprised for the size of what looks like the needle in the applicator , I didn’t feel it go in at all , now assume that the needle looking thing is just a guide and the sensor itself is a lot thinner !

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I managed 5 years much better but this move is a pig to integrate into a lifestyle I understand anymore.
Oh, man…never heard you so down…. The Spurs-Thing, you’ve got a great chance this afternoon, says the man who supports The Saints.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, man…never heard you so down…. The Spurs-Thing, you’ve got a great chance this afternoon, says the man who supports The Saints.
Thanks bud. Hard to shift bug and noise on the line.

Last edited:

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning, still pretty pleasing overall. 10 days until my blood test for my three monthly review so want to keep on keeping on until then and then we can see what happens.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 for me today - possibly result of a few chips and onion rings from last night - possibly not. MIA as now back working (the rat race) and me and family had covid.

Enjoy what is left of your weekend folks :)

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
7.8 - Eight hours after food, went to bed on a 5.1. Present experience indicates I’ll be back in the 6s this afternoon.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 today - the usual Sunday lunch wine effect.
@Mrs T 123 I hope you have fully recovered now. Covid seems to give people higher than usual BGs for quite some time.

Reactions: karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning, still pretty pleasing overall. 10 days until my blood test for my three monthly review so want to keep on keeping on until then and then we can see what happens.
If your morning results are anything to go by, your blood results should be well pleasing - it will be definitely keep on keeping on for you. :)

Reactions: ianpspurs