What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
SuNuman, I broke my fast at 11am with some late breakfast. My beforehand figure was 5.2 and I've just noted my two hour one, which is 5.5 so I'm really happy with that :) I try not to get complacent though as anything can change x
That is fab. I. Have. Not. Felt. Or. Been. Sick. Today!!!!!!!!!!!
I went to see my older sis today. She’s 66 - she had a below the knee amputation 5 weeks ago and no one was allowed to visit her in hosp - so now she’s home I jumped at the chance to see her. She is doing great so positive. She has just been diagnosed diabetic but had PAD for years and no she has never ever smoked or been a heavy drinker. Has made me even more determined to control diabetes and not let it control my life. Xxxxx.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
That is fab. I. Have. Not. Felt. Or. Been. Sick. Today!!!!!!!!!!!
I went to see my older sis today. She’s 66 - she had a below the knee amputation 5 weeks ago and no one was allowed to visit her in hosp - so now she’s home I jumped at the chance to see her. She is doing great so positive. She has just been diagnosed diabetic but had PAD for years and no she has never ever smoked or been a heavy drinker. Has made me even more determined to control diabetes and not let it control my life. Xxxxx.
Yes, I think that would really have hit home with you, seeing your sister today. So glad she's being positive as it will help her so much. Great about the sickness easing for you AT LAST! Let's hope you can now start to eat (but only the right things of course) xx

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Yes, I think that would really have hit home with you, seeing your sister today. So glad she's being positive as it will help her so much. Great about the sickness easing for you AT LAST! Let's hope you can now start to eat (but only the right things of course) xx
100%. Thank you for all your help on here. X

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. Maybe because I ate dinner very late, around 10, but I’ve a feeling I’m heading for a spell in the 6s. It seems to roll around every few weeks.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 5.9 so far so good. @Estragon does Mrs E do t/a deliveries if so I’m in. No idea what happened but that D for you! @DJC3 thats good for such a late dinner I would be in the 7s. @SuNuman glad your sister is doing good and so are you! @coby you’re doing great. @Andydragon good you’re back in familiar territory.
Away for the w/e so will post when I can. Happy BH All.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I was so busy looking through the mornings postings I completely forgot to post my own.

Here it is no drum roll wouldn't do my headache much good but a 4.2 for me this morning.

There's something wrong with my eyes this morning I keep seeing little red lines under everything I type.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Virus induced 5.9 on Swipey today. I've seen 7s and 8s for the first time in 6 years for about a week. LC has no impact on bg control and is devoid of foody comfort but this is the first time in all those years I've had more than 2 days of it. Far too long to fast so smile and wave boys, smile and wave. Several Lat flows = negative. Grandchildren and families from Suffolk to Southampton have had it, so did Julie.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been away for a couple of days - Where has all the cars and congestion come from! Bloods yesterday morning were 6.1 still recovering from the journey perhaps or the Thai Curry takeaway I ordered the evening before. Didn't eat much of that though as it smelled funny. Perhaps it was just a morning for a 6.1. This morning bloods were 5.3.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Morning All 5.9 so far so good. @Estragon does Mrs E do t/a deliveries if so I’m in. No idea what happened but that D for you! @DJC3 thats good for such a late dinner I would be in the 7s. @SuNuman glad your sister is doing good and so are you! @coby you’re doing great. @Andydragon good you’re back in familiar territory.
Away for the w/e so will post when I can. Happy BH All.
Bless you and thank you so much. X