Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Dandelade

Good Morening fellow scale crushers.

A 14st 0lb for me this morning, a marginal drop. As the pop group titled one of their songs " the long run " maybe in a years time I might be typing about 14st 7lb your guess.
Have a great day all.
A marginal drop is still a drop - it’ll keep going don’t lose faith!

Dandelade

Morning all, another 1lb drop down to 13st 9lbs. Can’t quite believe how regular the drop is now - I think 7 weeks of a pound a week!

As an aside since I’ve changed my diet I’m having hardly any in week fluctuations which I used to have allll the time (regardless of time of the month, anywhere from 2 to 5 pounds)...

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
I’m goal weight well the one I put into the fitness pal

I’m now 61kgs 9st 9lbs go me I’m over the moon with that

my HBA1c also dropped from 76 to 52 so my next goal is to get under 42

another few pounds will be fine but going from 12st to 9st 9lbs in 15 weeks for me is short of amazing

wish me luck on my next goals

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

another few pounds will be fine but going from 12st to 9st 9lbs in 15 weeks for me is short of amazing

Oh wow well done! That’s superb effort

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm a bit late, what with this being Saturday, but I went to get some blood work done this morning and weighed in at 94kg. That's too much for me- I should be about 75-80kg. Let's be realistic and say I need to get 2 stone off.
Can I do it?
I guess I have to!

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
I weigh my self daily as a recent study has shown that people who do so tend to lose weight faster and if they continue to do so once they have attained their desired weight do not put the weight back on.

This morning I weighed in at 13St 8lbs a loss since yesterday of 2lbs

Over the last few months have been losing on average 1 - 2lbs a day
That’s brill. X

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
I’m not sure if this posts in the right place or not but I am 12 stone exactly now. I lost half a stone myself and have since lost 8lbs whilst taking metformin - the awful sickness feeling has come back by the way. One day yes just one day - was all the relief I got. I’m thinking about stopping this tablet once and for all. :***:

Last edited:

HurricaneHippo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m not sure if this posts in the right place or not but I am 12 stone exactly now. I lost half a stone myself and have since lost 8lbs whilst taking metformin - the awful sickness feeling has come back by the way. One day yes just one day - was all it was better for. I’m thinking about stopping this tablet once and for all. :***:

Well done on the weight loss!

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Chipped down to 21 stone 7.75lbs, nearly three stone below my starting weight in early June. First review is in a few weeks so would like to get below the three stone mark

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I’m not sure if this posts in the right place or not but I am 12 stone exactly now. I lost half a stone myself and have since lost 8lbs whilst taking metformin - the awful sickness feeling has come back by the way. One day yes just one day - was all the relief I got. I’m thinking about stopping this tablet once and for all. :***:
Can you reduce how much metformin you're taking in an effort to get better tolerance? Seek medical care advice about it,maybe?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Tis a success ickihun. Not so long ago you were hoping to get down to under 100kg. You are doing very well.
Thanks @SlimLizzy :) :) :) Very true. I'm the same weight this week too. I'd like to lose more to try and rid insulin altogether. It's expected to add weight after gall bladder removal but thankfully I haven't added anything.

Sandy-55

I know my last weigh in was on the 3/8 which clocked in at 76.9 kg originally from 80kg
Up to date now 75.1kg I have keep saying to myself when I look at all this sweet things ‘A moment on the lips is a life time on the hips and little pickers wear bigger knickers ;)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgot to weigh myself on Friday and only remembered this morning - 17 st. That's another 11/2 lb down - I've only been having one meal a day, and not a very big one at that, so I should have lost at least something. I'm considering increasing the protein level to see if that will help. Sadly, BGs have been high for the last while. More protein might help with that as well.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!

Very well done!

Reactions: HeliGary

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My weight is difficult to assess since I've got 'musical scales' meaning that on one part of the bathroom floor
I am exactly 10st .. on another I am 9st 13lbs, another 9st 10lbs yes. it's an old house!
But when I began this journey seven weeks ago I was 11st on the first bit of the floor :D

Reactions: HeliGary

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
78.6kg on 27/8.

A bit higher than my lowest weight but still where I need to be roughly.

Aiming to lose about 1kg per week for next 3-4 weeks and stay there then for a while.

Reactions: Annb

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I know my last weigh in was on the 3/8 which clocked in at 76.9 kg originally from 80kg
Up to date now 75.1kg I have keep saying to myself when I look at all this sweet things ‘A moment on the lips is a life time on the hips and little pickers wear bigger knickers ;)
I really must try to learn what kg's are. It's a whole new language to me!