Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
I really must try to learn what kg's are. It's a whole new language to me!

If using scales at home there is a setting on them that changes it

It’s 2.2lbs per kilo by the way.

So for your 10st that’s 63.5kgs

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
If using scales at home there is a setting on them that changes it

It’s 2.2lbs per kilo by the way.

So for your 10st that’s 63.5kgs
My scales are 50 years old :D They were my mother's before she died.

Last edited:

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I really must try to learn what kg's are. It's a whole new language to me!
I had this too: it was always "stones' for me, but my doctors tend to use kg, and I work with Aussies, who seem to like kg as well whenever we talk about weight. I've started to prefer kg now: it doesn't take long to get used to it!

Reactions: Annb and coby

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I had this too: it was always "stones' for me, but my doctors tend to use kg, and I work with Aussies, who seem to like kg as well whenever we talk about weight. I've started to prefer kg now: it doesn't take long to get used to it!
Except if you are ME who hates change :D

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It’s Kilograms 75.1kg converts into 11.83 stones or 165.57lbs
I still use feet and inches too Sandy-55. I prefer the traditional ways that I grew up with. Don't you find that Kilograms make us sound so much heavier!

Sandy-55

I still use feet and inches too Sandy-55. I prefer the traditional ways that I grew up with. Don't you find that Kilograms make us sound so much heavier!
I’m like you I use feet and inches too .. I’m old school but when I got weighed at the surgery they used kilograms so I’ve just continued from there but I do check it on my weight loss converter, Everything makes you sound heavier that’s why I was in denial about buying any scales so I held off until this year

Reactions: coby

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Apparently, 1 stone equals 6.35 kilos. But it means nothing to me if someone says they weigh, say 60 kilos. Nor does it mean much to me if someone gives their weight in pounds, but I can relate to stones and pounds. I suppose I am 107.95 kilos, using that conversion.

Edited to add: it's feet and inches for me too. Can't teach an old dog new tricks!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I’m like you I use feet and inches too .. I’m old school but when I got weighed at the surgery they used kilograms so I’ve just continued from there but I do check it on my weight loss converter, Everything makes you sound heavier that’s why I was in denial about buying any scales so I held off until this year
Me too @Sandy-55 and @coby :) I prefer
https://coolconversion.com/weight/kg-to-stones-pounds/Convert_93.9_kg_to_stones_and_pounds_
I like stones and actual lbs rather than 0.xx of a lb. On some conversion sites.

Reactions: Sandy-55

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've weighed myself mid-week incase I'm busy finishing off school uniforms.
I'm 93.9kgs = 14st 11lb.
I used to be far heavier and on hundreds of units of insulin a day. I'm working on no insulin but it's looking like I only need novarapid for food as metformin on maximum 2000mg with codeine and buscopan treatment for IBS or whatever abdominal internal adhesions cause. It's the best I can do but i need a hba1c in 3mths to see the true picture. Unless things change. It normal does when pain is really bad.
I don't think I'm going to get any lower than 14st.11lb (93.9kg).
However I like been proven wrong when weight loss is a bonus.
I'm low carb high protein. Fat is only digested for flavour but never added. Nt cooked with but I have had my gallbladder out. It wasn't working a long time before it was removed. So it was no dietary intrusion.
Other insulin therapy replacements have weight gain as a side effect and those which don't they don't work for me. One has nasty side effects for me so never again will I go there.
So here I am at my premium diabetic self's weight.
... Maybe longer term of 2000mg metformin could give me weight loss but it will remain to be seen. But you never know!
If I remember rightly it only took a few months for me to lose 2st on max metformin, in the past. I exercised like I was obsessed then too. I cannot walk much never mind jog anymore.
I might get back relief with an operation but god knows when that will be. I've only had a bad back for 6yrs. God knows if my mobility will be dramatically improved. I live in hope though. ;)

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
@ickihun i was the opposite I can eat fat with a knackered gallbladder then I got surgery and I’m still eating fat. So far so good
As im 14 days post op.

Reactions: ickihun

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening fellow scale crushers.

14st 2lb this morning.

Now I am old, very hairy and according to the current Mrs J ( of 43 years ) very grumpy, running around in my unreal reality I have 6 personalities, as written about on the other thread I use on this site.
Please, please don't make things anymore complicated, by insisting that me and me's switch over to SI units, ie kilograms. My grip on this reality is tenuous on a good day, kilograms would probably be the final straw.

Anyway, have a great week stay safe.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
9st 10lb, I think???
If any of you remember .. my scales seem to give a different number on different areas of my bathroom floor! Well, I took a spirit level up there yesterday and oddly enough the bubble didn't move from the centre point so now I think it's the scales? They are eons old. Mum had them when I was a teen!!! Anyway I've ordered new ones from Amazon so let's see what I really DO weigh :D

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
13 stone 13, just scraped into the top end but i am getting there. I got armpits that go in and not out :)
Sounds good ultradad! x

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good Morening fellow scale crushers.

14st 2lb this morning.

Now I am old, very hairy and according to the current Mrs J ( of 43 years ) very grumpy, running around in my unreal reality I have 6 personalities, as written about on the other thread I use on this site.
Please, please don't make things anymore complicated, by insisting that me and me's switch over to SI units, ie kilograms. My grip on this reality is tenuous on a good day, kilograms would probably be the final straw.

Anyway, have a great week stay safe.
Totally with you regarding the kilograms. My 'now ordered' scales have both thank goodness so I won't feel as if I've got to learn a new language!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
16 st 131/2 lb this morning. That's only half a pound down on last week, but it is down and not up!

Dandelade

Well for the first time I’m the same weight 13st 9lbs but I was on holiday last week. Still low carb but my times of day eating were mucked up (6 hours in bank holiday traffic with a small packet of nuts )and I had lots of liver dumps which I dont normally have. Plus less steps. Plus a couple of meals that raised bg that I wasn’t expecting to with new stuff in. Soooo hopefully back to losing next week!

Reactions: coby