Weekly weigh in - Fridays

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I don’t know how to edit my post, I wish I was 11.6 I’m actually 14.6 (stones and pounds) one day I hope to be 11.6!
Hi @Jak13
Welcome to the thread,
To edit a post go to tools. You can probably work it out for yourself after that.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi I'm 93.4kgs today so a few pound off. I'll take that. :) :) :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weight 50.1kg that's about right for me.

Errant, weighed at the vets 3.7kg. Losing a bit as he has not been eating as much.
The vet has done xrays and discovered that his croaky voice is caused by a shotgun pellet right up against his voicebox. She thinks it will be difficult to remove, recommended leaving well alone and prescribed antibiotics for his ear infection.
Will be taking him back in 10 days for a check up.
Poor cat, as if he doesnt have enough problems, now he cannot enter effectively into the first round of a catfight.
With his warcry reduced to a whisper he sounds like a pushover to another tom. Last week one never seen before attacked him right on our doorstep. Three nights in a row. I chased it off each time and maybe knowing the wimp has backup was enough, it's not been back.
Errant will not back down from a fight, if the other cat insists, but he is small, has a chronic shoulder problem and most of his teeth are missing, so he is seriously disadvantaged in a fight.
My husband says he picked me as a soft touch for his retirement home.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
9st 7 and a quarter pounds! Wow so I've upped my game somehow and lost three quarters of a pound instead of the usual eighth! Haha :)

Dandelade

Hi everyone I’m 11.6 today (first time posting) I’m just starting low carb diet so I’ll await next weeks results and hope it helps. Have a lovely day everyone! (My mum used to give us spoonfuls of cod liver oil with malt too)
Hi @Jak13 welcome to the forum. I’m sure low carb will help you as most of us! The first week can be rough - lots of water and salt helped for me. Don’t worry it gets better after that.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Been feeling very poorly and nauseous since Wednesday so have only eaten, over 3 days
A bowl of soup
2 scrambled eggs
Half a tin of tuna
Total weight loss 1lb....
Your liver spewing glucose into your system as its in starvation mode. Mine does it if I'm not canny with it. Try and eat high protein soup with salt in if vomiting, off and on. If no vomiting but very nauseous light weight protein is excellent to tick your bgs along without liver dumps. That would help with any excess weight. Like a glucose thermostat. Regulates or should if liver is healthy and pancreas. In my experience! Get Well Soon.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Saturday Morening fellow scale crushers.

No time to post on Friday, but more time today.

Yesterday was 14st 2lb that’s down a pound, but as with all things I ended up down a lot more than a solitary £1, car stuff.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hi @coby are you nearing your target weight?
@SlimLizzy, my target weight is ideally 8st 10lbs but I will settle for 9st if I have to. Before I had Type 2 I was 8st 4bs so I still feel 'overweight' how I am now, and with being short waisted it shows the extra few pounds :)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Friday's weight was 146.0 lbs. I've had a viral infection which meant a loss of appetite and have not been eating much over the last few weeks, losing 10 lbs.
I seem to be regaining appetite today so I expect I will be putting weight on again.

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
14 stone 10 lbs this week. Continuing to go down.
Very happy.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I've managed to gain weight this week unfortunately back up to 78 Kg got to he more strict with myself and get a grip on things.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

Jak13

Hi all, 14.6 this morning that’s the same as last week, I think I need to be more active I tend not to do much during the week and only a brief walk around town on Saturdays, I’m getting a puppy on 29th November so I’m hoping to getting moving slowly at the pace of how far the pup is allowed to go and build up.

Dandelade

Hi all, 14.6 this morning that’s the same as last week, I think I need to be more active I tend not to do much during the week and only a brief walk around town on Saturdays, I’m getting a puppy on 29th November so I’m hoping to getting moving slowly at the pace of how far the pup is allowed to go and build up.
That’s such a lovely side effect of having a gorgeous new pup! Yes you’re right they’re not supposed to go too far while their bones are growing so will increase nice and slowly for you. Then you’ll be away and addicted when it’s old enough for day long walks :)