Another Idiopathic Postprandial Misfit

SarahTee

Question for folks with IPS:

Do you have symptoms all day?

My reason for asking is that I have symptoms that could be IPS, but I don’t get them after every meal. It all started about 18 years ago, when I would feel a bit iffy (faint, exercise intolerant, OI) after breakfast. Then it gradually extended until I felt iffy for longer and longer into the day, with a slump after b’fast and lunch, but not after dinner.

Starke

Question for folks with IPS:

Do you have symptoms all day?

My reason for asking is that I have symptoms that could be IPS, but I don’t get them after every meal. It all started about 18 years ago, when I would feel a bit iffy (faint, exercise intolerant, OI) after breakfast. Then it gradually extended until I felt iffy for longer and longer into the day, with a slump after b’fast and lunch, but not after dinner.
Hello! I don’t have symptoms all day. I keep it under strict control by eating protein with a tiny bit of whole grain carbs without an natural sugars (meaning I check the label and it must say 0 next to sugar in the nutritional graph) at least every four hours. If I eat something very heavy, I may be able to last longer than 4 hours. But usually if I don’t stick some protein in my mouth every four hours, I’m in trouble. I’ve tracked my levels so much that I know I start feeling trouble (shaky, lack of coordination irritable etc) at a blood sugar reading of about 91.
Thank you for the article you posted about the research showing a possible link with epinephrine.
I hope this info helps and that you get cured very soon.

dizzyhighway

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
No I haven’t read any other threads yet I just got a bit excited.
My symptoms are mainly extremely cold/numb hands and feet.
Pins and needles sensations in my lips.
Extremely pale.
Extreme fatigue.
Feeling dizzy.
Heart palpitations.
Headaches.
Slight confusion and forgetful.
Clumbsy
Lack of appetite but when I eat something I get an intense feeling of hunger afterwards
I am definitely not myself and feel really irritable and can’t seem to find the words I want to say at times.
I have been following a ketogenic diet for around a year due to having a diabetes test and being borderline I have lost over 4 and a half stone and was feeling absolutely fantastic, when I decided I didn’t want to lose any more weight I suppose I have upped my carb intake and gone a little mad over the Christmas period and started feeling pretty horrendous, due to the dizziness etc I have carried on eating higher carb thinking I maybe wasn’t eating enough which has given me carb cravings again.
Spoke to my doctor just after Christmas waited a week and a half for a blood test as he thought I was anemic even though I take iron tablets and then another week and a half for a call back, he basically said all my results were perfectly fine and that my symptoms were psychological as physically there is nothing wrong.
I have today before I found your thread been looking at monitors but I have absolutely no clue, I maybe need to do a bit more reading but my head is in a bit of a spin.
Today is the first day my hands and feet have felt warm but I have hardly eaten so tomorrow I am going to get a pen and paper and monitor how I am feeling according to what I have eaten any other information or advice will be greatly received and thank you so much for your reply. Amber

I have had symptoms exactly like this, for a short period time during last winter, and have been able to resolve things myself. Just wanted to make a post on here based on my own findings, and hopefully others may find them relevant and perhaps useful.

Long story short: I've had lifelong issues with being very sensitive/reactive to food and medication, and social anxiety as a product of those being the most deleterious effect. To me it also seems that carbs had the greatest effect on my food-derived mood swings although I could never quite put my finger on it.

A couple years ago I had a severe viral infection which lasted several months (never tested positive for covid, was a bit different that typical symptoms at the time). After recovering from the virus, I developed asthma that never went away (and never had prior) and after trying bronchodilators (to no effect) I was prescribed corticosteroids which seemed to work.

I was systematically on symbicort/pulmicort for nearly a year, however a few months after this began I noticed that my reactivity to carbs was exacerbated and began a gluten-free diet to check and see if that helped (which it did to some effect). Also along the way I had realized an acid-reflux issue (which runs in my family) and was prescribed rabeprazole to deal with that. Only used it as needed as I noticed it had a dramatic effect on my mood (irritable, easily agitated). Also began dairy-free as I felt it was contributing to my acid reflux issues.

At that point I was a 27 y/o male otherwise healthy (blood tests looked fine), and felt it was a bit crazy to be on all this medication, and so I attempted to wane off of these and explore for a more natural approach. My doctor did not make me aware of the risks with waning off corticosteroids (suppresses the adrenals). This is where it gets interesting.

So now I had three major things at the time: 1) Reckless waning off of corticosteroids 2) Gluten and dairy-free diet 3) periodic use of rabeprazole (PPI)

Over a period of months I began to develop food intolerances like no other. Began with instant headaches only moments after eating (like my eyelids were shutting on me) and have further reactions about an hour and a half after eating. Depression as well, no motivation whatsoever which is very strange for me I'm generally a pretty happy guy, I'm anxious but not depressed. Wheat products were the worst (which validated my concern with gluten) but I began to be intolerant to any sort of protein, and could only eating some vegetable broth soups and potatos/carrots, things of that nature. At the peak of things, my symptoms looked almost exactly like from the poster I've replied to here, went to emergency and all my blood work, blood sugar looked absolutely fine.

I had finally realized it was due to the reckless usage of the corticosteroids, began re-using my pulmicort inhaler and to immediate effect relieved most of the symptoms. The doctor told me it was still unusual to experience these symptoms at the rate I was waning off my inhaler but the correlation was obviously undeniable (and as mentioned I am sensitive to medication). I think it is very interesting that the original poster claimed to know that norepinephrine is involved, which is produced by the adrenal glands and mine (which I'm claiming at least) appear to have been suppressed during that time.

Perhaps for some of you that can provide insight into your issues, could be some dysfunction with the adrenal glands like mine were having at the time. The story however does not end for me there, flash forward a year later and after my body has adjusted to being off corticosteroids, and I am starting to have similar symptoms from that period reappear. Still strongly reacting to certain foods, and always to wheat-based products. I'm not here trying to preach that a gluten sensitivity is the problem, I don't believe that I have one even with these strong reactions, but I now realize that the gluten and dairy free diet was a factor, and there is a chance I had a B12 deficiency (and maybe others?) at the time partly from my diet. Apparently my acid reflux medication (PPIs) can block B12 absorption as well, so there is a good chance I was deficient in B12 in addition to the suppressed adrenals. Looking back, the times I went to emergency were also after I had used my acid reflux meds.

The silver lining to that period of time, was that it correlated with the most mentally stable period of my life. My social anxiety was only a fraction of what it typically is, and made significant career advancements just from being able to operate at the best of my abilities. Perhaps it was a result of my adrenals not working properly, and my fight-or-flight mechanisms not being able to flare up like they typically do after meals.

I'm currently at a point where I'm thinking methylation and histamine may be largely responsible these issues and the ones I've experienced prior to this medical "episode". Still early days on that front, maybe some of you have interest in that topic as well, but it makes a lot of sense for me and maybe I'm finally getting close to the root cause of all of this.

Hope this can be helpful to some of you. All the best

Last edited:
Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have had symptoms exactly like this, for a short period time during last winter, and have been able to resolve things myself. Just wanted to make a post on here based on my own findings, and hopefully others may find them relevant and perhaps useful.

Long story short: I've had lifelong issues with being very sensitive/reactive to food and medication, and social anxiety as a product of those being the most deleterious effect. To me it also seems that carbs had the greatest effect on my food-derived mood swings although I could never quite put my finger on it.

A couple years ago I had a severe viral infection which lasted several months (never tested positive for covid, was a bit different that typical symptoms at the time). After recovering from the virus, I developed asthma that never went away (and never had prior) and after trying bronchodilators (to no effect) I was prescribed corticosteroids which seemed to work.

I was systematically on symbicort/pulmicort for nearly a year, however a few months after this began I noticed that my reactivity to carbs was exacerbated and began a gluten-free diet to check and see if that helped (which it did to some effect). Also along the way I had realized an acid-reflux issue (which runs in my family) and was prescribed rabeprazole to deal with that. Only used it as needed as I noticed it had a dramatic effect on my mood (irritable, easily agitated). Also began dairy-free as I felt it was contributing to my acid reflux issues.

At that point I was a 27 y/o male otherwise healthy (blood tests looked fine), and felt it was a bit crazy to be on all this medication, and so I attempted to wane off of these and explore for a more natural approach. My doctor did not make me aware of the risks with waning off corticosteroids (suppresses the adrenals). This is where it gets interesting.

So now I had three major things at the time: 1) Reckless waning off of corticosteroids 2) Gluten and dairy-free diet 3) periodic use of rabeprazole (PPI)

Over a period of months I began to develop food intolerances like no other. Began with instant headaches only moments after eating (like my eyelids were shutting on me) and have further reactions about an hour and a half after eating. Depression as well, no motivation whatsoever which is very strange for me I'm generally a pretty happy guy, I'm anxious but not depressed. Wheat products were the worst (which validated my concern with gluten) but I began to be intolerant to any sort of protein, and could only eating some vegetable broth soups and potatos/carrots, things of that nature. At the peak of things, my symptoms looked almost exactly like from the poster I've replied to here, went to emergency and all my blood work, blood sugar looked absolutely fine.

I had finally realized it was due to the reckless usage of the corticosteroids, began re-using my pulmicort inhaler and to immediate effect relieved most of the symptoms. The doctor told me it was still unusual to experience these symptoms at the rate I was waning off my inhaler but the correlation was obviously undeniable (and as mentioned I am sensitive to medication). I think it is very interesting that the original poster claimed to know that norepinephrine is involved, which is produced by the adrenal glands and mine (which I'm claiming at least) appear to have been suppressed during that time.

Perhaps for some of you that can provide insight into your issues, could be some dysfunction with the adrenal glands like mine were having at the time. The story however does not end for me there, flash forward a year later and after my body has adjusted to being off corticosteroids, and I am starting to have similar symptoms from that period reappear. Still strongly reacting to certain foods, and always to wheat-based products. I'm not here trying to preach that a gluten sensitivity is the problem, I don't believe that I have one even with these strong reactions, but I now realize that the gluten and dairy free diet was a factor, and there is a chance I had a B12 deficiency (and maybe others?)
Hi and welcome to our forum @dizzyhighway.
I find stories and medical histories similar to these very interesting, my own battles to eventually get a true diagnosis and actually find someone who actually can diagnose, the reason, the why, of the symptoms I was getting.
When I did find this forum a decade or so ago, it was only one other person knew what I was talking about.
rare conditions like mine, take a lot of research, a lot of information, a lot of questions, a lot of assumptions, a lot of misinformation about diet and what is healthy to eat.
But hang on, if like me I was told and reinforced by subsequent doctors that porridge is a super food and I should be eating that because breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
So for years I was eating porridge every morning. Healthy?
No!
Breakfast?
No!
Eating porridge was making me ill.
One thing I took from talking to an endocrinologist and on this forum, is that we are all different, and the response to food, meds, anything that we eat, drink, breathe and use in our everyday life.
We are born and live with different aspects of allergies, intolerance and even with blood relatives, the difference can be big. Yes there are hereditary conditions, but why does my digestive system work different to even other member of my close family.

I came to the conclusion that when you talk about cortisol and other hormones. That even before you eat or take meds, the body reacts to those hormones such as insulin and the other main hormones that have to deal with glucose derived from what goes in, your stimulus to what goes into your body, your body's reaction to everything, sight, smell, taste, feelings, touch, palette and more. It is called the hormonal response to your environment.
Then, like a fingerprint, your retina, your gut biological make up is millions of bacteria. Good and bad, indifferent and some shouldn't be there. The more bad bacteria, the different aspects of digestion and how it performs lessens. Not one person in the world had the same amount of good and bad bacteria and this can effect you with endocrine disruption in your system.
Hiatus hernias, the thickness of your stomach lining and the efficiency of your intestines, and of course the other end, in your bowels and the effect on that if the digestive processes are abnormal.
Do not limit your thoughts that it is just cortisol, because there are too many hormones that are produced to help with digestion. The hormonal response and how that imbalance in hormones and also vitamin deficiency, does effect your gut brain axis. Which in my instance means that because of a high spikes in blood glucose levels, my brain will send a message to my pancreas to produce more insulin. The brain gives you symptoms because of the signals it receives from the hormonal response and the imbalance. That is why, when you need more energy and the level of glucose is insufficient to stop from tiring, the liver will 'dump' glucose (glucogenisis) to maintain glucose levels.

One of the best methods that I was told by my endocrinologist to do was keep a diary of essentially food intake in my case and my blood glucose readings before and after meals. Fasting and if I had had symptoms. It helped me understand what food did to me.
Wheat and grains, I've already mentioned porridge, but they are definitely not healthy for me, I'm not gluten intolerant, but the amount of carbs in wheat, I am so intolerant to. There is something else in wheat that I've read about could be worse than gluten, and that is why there is letters in bold on all food packing that contains wheat. It's not the gluten! The same advice as if there were nuts in the food!I
Starch is another carb and another part of our dietary regime which needs looking at. It is so abundant in potatoes and it is in many vegetables to different degrees of hormonal response.
There is other so called foodstuffs that can be very bad for you, in my research for such baddies, I couldn't believe how much of these were in manufacturing, the likes of some unnatural fats, such as palm oil, vegetable oils and fats, products from soya and so on. Then there is the additives, sugars, e numbers, and any other **** that they can get away with.

it is really difficult to pin down the cause of most endocrine conditions. They exist, but what is the root causes. It could be one or two or many. T2 diabetes is very different to T1. T2 is suspected to be caused by quite a number of issues including steroid induced diabetes.

You may never know how, when or why you get these symptoms, the most important is being in control of having a balanced dietary regime, that is healthy and fewer symptoms for you, and only you.
A diagnosis is only what is its name, but how you treat it, is much more intrinsic to you and your future health.

Thanks for your post.

Stay safe.

chrisjohnh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may never know how, when or why you get these symptoms, the most important is being in control of having a balanced dietary regime, that is healthy and fewer symptoms for you, and only you.
Much wisdom in the above few words.

laaathrop

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm posting this for a couple reasons.

1) There are a lot more of us out there than are known, because most people don't know they have it. Hopefully someone else will gain some info.
2) There is not enough information on the Internet, or anywhere about this condition.

I am now diagnosed, but it took 15 years for anyone to have any clue at all, and TBH, I am the one who researched it AND educated my doctors.

Idiopathic Postprandial Syndrome/Adrenergic Postprandial Syndrome is in most cases misdiagnosed as Hypoglycemia. Shortly after eating any sort of carbohydrates, I'm sent into fight or flight mode, anxiety consumes me, I get confusion, disorientation, and almost feel drunk or drugged. My blood sugar never moves really.

Every lab test I've been tested fasting at 99, 95, 97, etc, but have these crazy hypos symptoms, and even have to lie down to have the blood draw because I have passed out before.

eAG = 114
HBA1C = 5.6%

Here are some of my readings:

97, 101, 102, 93, 97, 88, 86, 85, 105, 85, 102, 90, 104, 97, 83, 88, 125, 94, 85, 101, 87, 137, 95, 85, 91, 81, 83, 82, 78, 88, 99, 89, 105, 89, 88, 86, 94, 82, 81, 81, 83, 92, 91

Those are fasting, after meal, some 30 min after, some an hour, some two hours. My blood sugar never really moves much at all. I've never gone under 78, yet I get the feelings and panic of being extremely low, and like I need to call 911.

I've been on the Keto diet for the last 3 months, and prior to that eating low carb. My endocrinologist gave me Acarbose to take if I wanted to eat carby food, but I have no interest in that at this time.

I have no idea how it happened, or what else is going on in my body, but this is where I am at now. My blood pressure seems to be lower than a normal person, and I am aware that norepinepherine is involved somehow. I still don't understand what happens chemically in my body, that causes me to go into fight or flight, so I welcome any conversations with anyone else who has this, or is curious about it.

Thanks, and happy to support anyone in any way here.

Eric
Hi Eric! My name is Anthony, great to meet you. I am having these symptoms as well and jesus it has been a whirlwind. I can't eat any carbs without crashing and severe anxiety following. Are you open to sharing any resources that may have helped you educate your doctors? I am struggling to convince my PCP that I need medical nutrition therapy/endocrinology services at the moment. It's great to finally come across someone else who has this.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Eric! My name is Anthony, great to meet you. I am having these symptoms as well and jesus it has been a whirlwind. I can't eat any carbs without crashing and severe anxiety following. Are you open to sharing any resources that may have helped you educate your doctors? I am struggling to convince my PCP that I need medical nutrition therapy/endocrinology services at the moment. It's great to finally come across someone else who has this.
Hi and welcome to the RH forum.
if you are in need of a referral, the only two ways are, if in UK.
Convince your GP. By showing him your symptoms and how foods affect you.
Or by going private to a specialist endocrinologist who has experienced these types of conditions.
Not easy.I

As in the previous posts, certain amounts of carbs and sugars are the most common cause of the symptoms.

keep asking.

Starke

Hello,

I have posted several times to this thread and others on this forum as for about 10 years I suffered from "reactive hypoglycemia."

I am writing this update to share what has helped go from living in the torturous food desert of extreme reactive hypoglycemia (RH) to being able to eat nearly everything now. It was a long and tough journey but I hope my notes and experience helps someone else.

If you want the short version of things that helped me get back to eating normally, here’s a list:
Berberine
Nac
Dr. Brian Walsh (zoom appointment with specialist in reactive hypoglycemia, took me years to discover him, I’m not affiliated with him in any way)
Avoided Glucose tolerance test and took food tolerance test multiple times

Extras
Prioritising my symptoms over everything else
Food intake order and balancing fat with other ingredients
Weighing external factors: how much exercise, stress, ambient temperature, hard mental thinking I had been doing since my last food intake
The Glucose goddess (instagram) and her interview here:
Adequate sleep

So here goes:
I could not tolerate sugars, not even natural ones: no veggies, fruits, simple carbs, etc. Even most seasoning set off my symptoms.

My diet was protein and protein: chicken, pork, eggs, cheese (not all kinds, some were too high in sugar content), a small amount of raw, thick-cut oatmeal, some nuts (not pistachios, not almonds), mung bean noodles (0 sugar), some 0 sugar whole grain pastas (small amounts with protein), some whole grain 0 sugar crackers (again small amounts with protein).

I always had to check both the ingredient list and the nutritional info to see how many natural sugars were in a product. In cheese, if it had more than 1.5-1.7 grams I couldn’t eat it.

The only artificial sweetener I could tolerate was monk fruit in small quantities (although my husband who suffers from the same condition found it crashed him).

At some points in my journey, for months on end, I had to eat every two hours, although for the bulk of the 10 years, I could get away with every 3 1/2-4 hours on the clock, IF I monitored my levels, my symptoms and my energy output, external circumstances and fat ratio to proteins in my food.

I used the Bitesnap app (I’m not affiliated with them and it is free), to take a picture of what I ate and then set a timer or took a screenshot of the time to make sure I didn’t overshoot my window and crash. At 3 hours, I tried to always internally check in to see if I had an early signs of a crash so that I could keep my energy, functioning and productivity stable throughout the day.

To preface, I still have hypoglycemic crashes, but I am eating almost everything, and the crashes are much less. I am not eating on a timed clock, I am no longer chained to the 4 hour circus of having to eat, I can go longer, especially after dinner. I no longer need to eat first thing in the morning or last thing before I go to bed.

Also I still cannot sit down and eat just a piece of cake, I am careful about the order in which I eat as well as the balance of proteins to fats to carbs and sugars.

I never achieved a diagnosis from a medical practitioner. One of the endocrinologists I saw refused to give me the glucose tolerance test because she said she didn’t “want to deal with a dead body.” The only thing she said she had for me was metformin which she did not recommend for my case as it didn’t fit the glove and could be an extra hypoglycaemic agent.

When my sugar levels were at 90-91, I was already shaking.

At 80-85, I was dizzy, trembling, my cognitive functioning shot, emotions frayed and my whole system had gone into panic mode.

It took me years to be able to monitor my levels effectively, because I didn’t understand that my symptoms had anything to do with food intake, as usually when a crash was coming on, I wasn’t hungry and had no desire to eat. And often the only warning sign or symptom was a mild dip in my energy levels before I hit a concrete crash and lost the rest of the day trying to recuperate.

I did acupuncture, so many supplements, magnets, ozone therapy, ivs, emotional and psychological work, etc, etc.

I also don’t know what caused my RH, but my hunch is a mix between many multiple courses of antibiotics over the years and being vegan for 11 years prior without proper supplementation.

My turning point came when I really started digging for a doctor who had experience dealing exactly with my condition. It took me days and days of weeding through internet haystacks to find Dr. Brian Walsh (@bryanpwalsh) who said he had successfully treated many people with the condition.

He had an online course to educate other doctors to reactive hypoglycaemia so that they would know how to diagnose, treat it and think critically (Rethinking Reactive Hypoglycaemia). I took it first. I think the course cost me about $100 dollars. In it, he lists about 10 different reasons that may cause RH, how to rule out and better conclude which reason is affecting the patient and what to do about it. Many of the classic reasons I had known about and ruled out (pregnancy, gastric surgery, kidney tumour), but there were a few I had never heard of.

Still I didn’t feel that my cause was in the list. So I booked an appointment with him. The appointment was 45 mins and expensive for me (about $650 out of pocket), and he was ultra specific about what tests he wanted submitted before hand.

When I went into the appointment, it was clear that he had studied my blood work and had been mulling over it. He was also honest that he didn’t know how to cure me, and that he had had only one other patient similar to me (all the rest had fit into 10 reasons that he had outlined in the course). “Did she get cured?” I asked. He said he didn’t know. She had disappeared. Not encouraging.

But as I had taken the food tolerance test classically: testing my sugar levels after eating, two hours thereafter and four hours after that, he said he couldn’t really “see” what was going on, but his hunch was that the problem was within the first two hours.

He asked me to go back and re-take the food-tolerance test but to have blood drawn every half an hour after eating up until the two hour mark (which took some educating the lab).

The second round of the food tolerance test, drawing blood every half an hour up until two hours, at first glance didn’t revealed that two hours after eating my sugar levels were normal and my insulin was in the normal range, but that my insulin levels were double what was needed for that amount of sugar. So although the levels were normal, the ratio of sugar to insulin was “excessive”, in his opinion.

He theorised this condition as hypersensitivity to insulin (within normal ranges but hypersensitivity all the same). Opposite to insulin resistance, if I understood correctly.

He did not know the cause or the cure. He said the condition basically did not exist in medical literature or studies, but that he had seen it before.

He suggested a bunch of things. On the top of the list was berberine. He explained that it was impossible to find out where the weak link in my chain of dealing insulin was, but that berberine would strengthen the entire cause and effect chains that dealt with insulin. He hoped over time, that this would lower my hyper-sensibility to insulin and that my body would be able to deal with it better.

He did warn me that berberine was a hypoglycemic agent and that it might give me more crashes, more frequently. He said to suck it up (but in a compassionate way). He also urged me to add Nac slowly.

I was really not excited to play with my stable sugar levels after fighting and struggling for years to keep them level and stay out of crashes.

My husband who also suffers from the same condition, as well as another condition which forces him to take medications which lower his blood sugar levels, has not felt excited yet to risk introducing yet another hypoglycemic agent on his collar coaster ride , and I respect his decision.

But I was tired and done with living in a stark nutritional desert, and felt my body needed to get out.

I had already add the Nac several months before based on the suggestion from my husband.

So I started taking the berberine once a day about 3 times a week.

I noticed, I had to eat more often, I could rarely make it to 4 hours. I sucked it up.

About 3 months later, I found, I could eat some veggies with my meal. I started slowly incorporating small amount of different foods to my diet, being careful to always eat protein first and to balance out whatever I was trying with copious amounts of fat, sleep, and not too much sweating or physical exertion.

The first time I added anything with natural sugars to my diet was a year and half ago: August of 2022. I now eat salads, veggies, dessert after a meal and pretty much anything I want AS LONG AS I EAT IT it an informed order and balance. (See the glucose goddess on instagram).

There are certain foods I still avoid and probably will never won’t go near: beets, swiss chard, liquorice, cinnamon, maltodextrin and maltose.

I am no way associated with Dr. Brian Walsh or the Glucose Goddess and do not benefit in anyway from recommending them. I am only speaking from my personal experiences.

I hope my commentary helps those others out there struggling. I hope you achieve nutritional richness, metabolic health, flexibility and food freedom.

Starke

That is very kind and generous of you mate, taking it a day at a time is the best I can do, I seem to be having more dark days than light ones despite the meds I am taking, and I do believe they are helping, but it's gradually becoming harder to accept my situation. I will get through this, counselling is helping and support from family and friends and my doctor has been great.
I have been dealt a really difficult hand and I don't know how I can cope with it! This is how I feel!
But thanks again for your support.

Keep safe and I hope you are doing okay!
Lamont, have been thinking of you, hoping you are well! How are you on your journey? I hope you see the post I made below in this thread today, as perhaps you might find it interesting. All best, Katherine

• Informative

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Lamont, have been thinking of you, hoping you are well! How are you on your journey? I hope you see the post I made below in this thread today, as perhaps you might find it interesting. All best, Katherine
Hi @Starke ,
I have read your post and others a couple of times to remind myself of your battle with your body.
Thanks for asking. I am not bad. Since that last post, I'm struggling with more problems and of course my mental health issues. But I'm in control of the RH. Through intermittent fasting, having a small window for food, when I'm good, I try and only have a enough so I don't starve but I seem to thrive on it. My endocrine health is very good. It's the rest that is falling apart around me. Ha!
I on purpose don't eat four hours before bed, so I I is in not having a hypo.
Metformin I have heard is not suitable due to the science behind my condition.
And I'm sure that when others with the same symptoms and ideas which may help them

To emphasise your post, which is brilliant, it is a great way of explaining how you need trial and error, experimenting, recording, finding out how your body works. Finding a balanced dietary regime, that is tailored by you, for you. And actually works...

Now, I am intrigued, how, why and the causation that yourself and your husband have the same symptoms?
And of course what has he done about it?
Did he catch it from you or vice versa? Ha!

I am aware that anti biotic can alter the endocrine system and the treatment for bad bacterial infection, or even some other bacterial issues or blood infections and so on. In some way it alters the process and if you have a dysregulation of hormonal imbalances, the imbalance of glucose/insulin amongst others, think the glands we use for digestion, illness, fitness, health and wellbeing.
No wonder it is so complex and so individual.
And I'm only just touching the sides of it all.

I am pleased that you took it on yourself to discover ways of getting control and how regardless of reason or cause, to use your knowledge and experience, using your undoubtable reasoning and judgement with the information from the people you have seen, and eventually found something that actually works for you. And gone on to help you achieve good results.
Well done you.

Keep well,
Keep posting how you are doing.
And my best wishes to you and your husband.

I couldn't imagine paying so much to get to see someone who doesn't know what is happening to you and you have to educate him! Ha!