1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Another Idiopathic Postprandial Misfit

Discussion in 'Reactive Hypoglycemia' started by AZEric, Aug 5, 2020.

1. SarahTee

SarahTee · Active Member

Question for folks with IPS:

Do you have symptoms all day?

My reason for asking is that I have symptoms that could be IPS, but I don’t get them after every meal. It all started about 18 years ago, when I would feel a bit iffy (faint, exercise intolerant, OI) after breakfast. Then it gradually extended until I felt iffy for longer and longer into the day, with a slump after b’fast and lunch, but not after dinner.

2. Starke

Starke · Member

Hello! I don’t have symptoms all day. I keep it under strict control by eating protein with a tiny bit of whole grain carbs without an natural sugars (meaning I check the label and it must say 0 next to sugar in the nutritional graph) at least every four hours. If I eat something very heavy, I may be able to last longer than 4 hours. But usually if I don’t stick some protein in my mouth every four hours, I’m in trouble. I’ve tracked my levels so much that I know I start feeling trouble (shaky, lack of coordination irritable etc) at a blood sugar reading of about 91.
    Thank you for the article you posted about the research showing a possible link with epinephrine.
    I hope this info helps and that you get cured very soon.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook