What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Back to Fridaythen.
Usual Brekkie of slice HiLo toast, butter, lots of tea.
Lunch was scrambled eggs, cup of tea after and 2 squares Lindt 90.
Supper was cod loin and scallops panfried in butter and tenderstem broccoli preceded by my current fave gin which is Tanqueray Blackcurrant with sodastream water.
Yesterday morning powercut halfway through boiling the kettle so had a warmish cupof tea but no toast.
Lunch was Rollitos and spoon of coleslaw.
Supper was intended to be LoDough pizza but couldnt find it in freezer so used a flatbread, spread some Sacla paste and topped with feta and black olives. Had it ready just as Strictly started. It was so delicious and because I am wearing a Libre my BG hardly moved unless it came hours later when I was in bed. Maybe the several glasses of Cremant (which I am road testing for Christmas) helped.
So far today usual brekkie of HiLo toast, butter and tea.
Lunch might be s rambled eggs again.
Supper will be h/m chicken curry I made yesterday and cauli rice.
@SlimLizzy hugs to you for the stress and worry and to Errant for such a horrible thing to happen. Hope he will not need an op, poor Errant.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meal 1: 2 tuna muffins with a dollop of grated celeriac&mayo seasoned with the rest of the roast pork rub ( sea salt, fennel seeds, coriander seeds and chilli flakes ground in pestle and mortar)
Meal 2: slow roast belly pork ( fab crackling) celeriac dauphinoise and garlicky buttery greens. Red wine

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Know it’s another week to go to Halloween but got tempted today when out shopping by this small edible pumpkin and used some of its flesh for dinner!
Breakfast one each of sausage bacon egg and mushroom
Gave lunch a miss as pumpkin feast planned for dinner!
Dinner roast brisket of beef with roast pumpkin and glass of red wine followed by DGF pumpkin brownie and yoghurt. Really enjoyed my pumpkin themed dinner and haven’t carved a pumpkin in years -great fun.
72E87D3F-29D2-4470-B9DC-9674A7860741.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Know it’s another week to go to Halloween but got tempted today when out shopping by this small edible pumpkin and used some of its flesh for dinner!
Dinner roast brisket of beef with roast pumpkin and glass of red wine followed by DGF pumpkin brownie and yoghurt. Really enjoyed my pumpkin themed dinner and haven’t carved a pumpkin in years -great fun.
View attachment 51751

Pumpkin looks great. What was it like roasted?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: bacon wrapped halloumi sticks. Very salty
L: leftover halloumi sticks
D: 3 aldi 97 % sausages, green beans. Apricot ice cream

Only 2 x 20 minute walks today. Apparently puppies aren't supposed to have more exercise, but no one has told the puppy we are looking after as he spent the entire rest of the day running, playing, jumping constantly

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and raspberry chia pudding with LC nutty granola.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake! :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Roasted with olive oil and pepper it was delicious. Bit of sweetness on crispy bits but my bgs were ok although had smallish portion.

Good to know thanks. I tried patty pan squash recently but didn’t like the watery texture. A proper carving type pumpkin looks much tastier.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two egg and cheese omelette, bacon mushrooms for breakfast.
Tub of yoghurt, cordial mix for smoko.
Seafood and salad for lunch.
Left over salad and some prawns in low carb wraps for supper at six.

It's salad season again, the temps have gone up in to the thirties. it was 35° yesterday, summer is around the corner. :D

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 51751
Must be pumpkin carving day!

I'd never carved a pumpkin in my life, but a friend invited me to come over to carve pumpkins, it was great fun!
One of the knives broke while working so I left it in the pumpkin for extra scariness. :hilarious:
However, no pumpkin soup, pie or roast for me, I like almost all foods but definitely not pumpkin.
I did take all the waste home though, tomorrow I'll try pumpkin on the guinea pigs, bunnies, goats, chickens and my neighbour's turkeys now living in my garden :)

Got home late so no cooking, but I treated myself to a smoked salmon sandwich as a belated reward for my nice hba1c. I've eaten lots of veggies in the past days and will again tomorrow, so I figured I could do a day without. My other sandwich was one with an egg, fried chorizo slices and stinky Muenster cheese. :hungry:

247662048_10224493075068736_1230967253325724862_n.jpg

247870760_10224492639697852_2895200519028179716_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
However, no pumpkin soup, pie or roast for me, I like almost all foods but definitely not pumpkin.
I was like that when I was younger,I classed it as pig feed.

Staying with a relation, the first veggies she served up was mashed potato and pumpkin mixed together, it also had fine chopped onions mixed in as well.

I got the taste for that dish, but I like it on it's own baked or mashed up on cottage pie.

The main pumpkin we buy are Queensland Blues and JAP, but there heaps of differint varieties here to try

Never eaten those lantern pumpkins though.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I got the taste for that dish, but I like it on it's own baked or mashed up on cottage pie.
It is of course possible (and even quite likely) that there are pumpkin dishes I do like. But I can live happily ever after being sure I do not like pumpkin, even if I'm wrong, there are so many other veggies I do love!

Happy to report that all my animals except the cats love pumpkin, even the dogs ate some! :hilarious:
The guinea pigs went for the inside stuff furst, before starting on the parts usually used to cook!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't get around to breakfast today - very groggy after a bad night, so I just had some tea and some pills.

The order from Tesco last Tuesday contained a fairly large box of mushrooms - I ordered our normal size, but the larger one was a substitute. Neil has been using them up but he has only got through about a third of the box and thinks they are now too far gone to use. He's wrong, they're perfectly serviceable. So anyway, I made cream of mushroom soup but didn't get it done before Em came in from school, so it is still in the pot and, so far, I've got by on tea. It's quite a big pot of soup, so it will do for a meal later on and quite a lot left over. Unfortunately, once again, there's no space in the freezer, so I'll have to use it up tomorrow.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Neil has been using them up but he has only got through about a third of the box and thinks they are now too far gone to use. He's wrong, they're perfectly serviceable.
I like my mushrooms best when they're somewhat old. When frying old mushrooms lose the water in them quite easily, which makes them shrink while cooking in their own juices and only frying when the water has evaporated and at the very start.
This leaves you with disappointingly little fried mushroom but the taste is all concentrated so they are much more tasty than fresher ones!

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast coffee
Lunch scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and slice of lc bread followed by Greek yoghurt
Dinner Cajun spiced chicken with salad followed by Lc brownie.
I’m trying a few days of two meals again and yesterday experimented with breakfast and dinner with no lunch but found that much more difficult as compared with just extending my overnight fast until lunchtime - which is my go to two meals model! Rarely do One meal a day anymore as I find it too hard to eat a big meal and a big amount would be needed for good nutrition if doing OMAD regularly.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like I’ve finished eating for today but I’m hungry. We’ve only just got home from saying happy birthday to SIL. I put a beef Shawarma in the IP before going out but I didn’t expect to stay that long. If I eat now I know fbg will be high.
No breakfast as I had a fasting blood test late morning.
Lunch was small leftover portion of chicken curry stew and a few M&S seedy crackers
All in all a highly unsatisfactory food day. I’m drinking mint tea now to take my mind off it

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I made an experimental oven dish today with leek, tuna and mushrooms, and most of the ingredients I use for tuna melt muffins. And now I'm not sure if it needs longer or if I simply didn't use enough eggs, as it didn't set. I gave it another ten minutes and then I'll pronounce it done!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and gingerbread Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding and LC nutty granola.
Dinner: creamy garlic prawns with sautéed sliced courgettes followed by SF raspberry jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.