What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Creative this morning...
Failure...failure to me.

What happened? I went to bed early ('cos it is warmer there and electric blanket is nice...
So, in bed at 7pm.
Started my ink drawing. Nearly finished it.
But then I fell asleep, with black ink pen in my hand...

Woke up at 10:15pm. Black ink pen is still in my hand, which was very fortunate as I have a brand new white quilt cover on my bed with a delicate grey pattern...

But problem was, when I tried spraying the drawing with water, the ink had well dried, and was not co-operating with the water to make my delicate frond like patterns I like. Disappointed, because I was trying an architectural drawing to see how that might work.

I added a bit of a calligraphy black pen to some of it, but it was too late to be of use and created a black blur in places.

Went back to sleep at 10:55pm

Woke up at 1 am, and then 3 am this morning.

Thought of adding white highlights to it, but I didn't like it, so this is a photo of it before I added the white highlights (which I have now managed to eradicate/get rid of).

But I couldn't find Popeye anywhere in it. I do not intentionally draw Popeye's face in any of these Sketchbook ink drawings, but I will find a bit which has a suggestion of his face, and I will tease a little of the black out to create the white on his face, and I do suggest the heart shaped nose.

An hour later I found his face!!!!!!

An update: I finally got my sound processor posted back to me from the hospital. I have had silence for nearly a couple of weeks. They replaced a cable, replaced the battery compartment, changed the magnet which attaches to the magnet embedded in my skull to a much stronger one which clamps on to my head pretty much the way a fridge grabs a fridge magnet. And the stronger magnet gives me a headache...

I put it on and was greeted by the noisy sound of bathroom building work by Mr Insensitive Xmas lights neighbour on one side, and the Duracell bunny AH neighbour the other side with his screeching industrial sounding machinery. And not only that, their dogs were having a barking match with each other, and the four greyhounds the garden down from him had joined in, along with a few Yappity Yap dogs from somewhere. That was it, I took it off immediately. I was texting a friend at the time, and sent her the message...
"I am going on Amazon to get my dog..."
"Amazon...for a dog?," she asked bewildered...
"I'll send a video to explain when I get it," I said.

There are more dogs than there are houses in this road.

Anyway my parcels came. The 'dog' one came first.

I had seen a few days earlier of several dog barking alerts with a sensor for your driveway to alert you to anyone coming up it. There are other alert sounds. But the good thing is the two barking units also have an immense blue flashing strobe type lighting as the bark sounds emit. There is no way I can miss this even if my sound processor has been banished to its box...

Set it up, using the bathroom builder for Mr Insensitive next door, for practice. Very useful he was, the amount of times he went back to his van...

Then I had some fun. I was sitting by the front window, open for fresh air, and I was waiting for my second parcel (and I was going to test the barking alarm for the Amazon delivery driver for when he arrived). All the dogs in the neighbourhood kicked off, as they usually do periodically. So, I thought I would introduce my 'dogs', and pressed test button for about 10 seconds. All the dogs stopped barking. Did their owners shut them up, or what? About half an hour later, the neighbourhood dogs started up again, more dogs joining in, and I pressed my 'dogs' test alarm for about 5 seconds. The neighbourhood dogs shut up again. I said my 'dogs' test alarm, not my 'dog's'. That is because I have two barking alarms and I can set them both to a different bark. So, it sounds like I have two dogs.

I sent my friend a barking video, and now she understood how I got the 'dog/s' off Amazon. She is the one who sent me a photo of these ruins she visited the other day, that I drew for my picture this morning.

What was the second Amazon parcel?
It was a 'Stop Dog Bark, anti barking device' with a range that goes beyond the far ends of my neighbour's gardens where the dogs are let out...you can guess where I am going with that one...

Right, after all that, here is my creative for today.

View attachment 52041
All the fun of Crufts without the mess and the food bills. Smashing ruined building, very effective.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day in Mordor
The wonder wheel of gasps and surprises after last nights pub fest came in at 5.8 this am

A wander round Kensington Farmers Market yesterday morning and then the Festival of Remembrance in the afternoon at the Royal Albert Hall. Alfie Bow, Gregory Porter, Cynthia Eviro, Jack Savoretti and Alexandra Burke. And of course, loads of military musicians, service personell, choristers and a slack handful old fogies like me. Meal in a pub afterwards and then back to our hotel room where we saw the whole thing again on the TV!
Art bit - last of my pictures for this year’s remembrance - inks on rice paper. Have a wonderful Sunday - wonder where the koffy is?

upload_2021-11-14_8-19-59.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The wonder wheel of gasps and surprises after last nights pub fest came in at 5.8 this am

A wander round Kensington Farmers Market yesterday morning and then the Festival of Remembrance in the afternoon at the Royal Albert Hall. Alfie Bow, Gregory Porter, Cynthia Eviro, Jack Savoretti and Alexandra Burke. And of course, loads of military musicians, service personell, choristers and a slack handful old fogies like me. Meal in a pub afterwards and then back to our hotel room where we saw the whole thing again on the TV!
Art bit - last of my pictures for this year’s remembrance - inks on rice paper. Have a wonderful Sunday - wonder where the koffy is?

View attachment 52044
Beautiful, poignant artwork Sir. Safe home and take the very best care of all those memories. @gennepher thank you for the creative. I must away to a sunbed - apparently it is compulsory otherwise wild, wild horses and all that eh Mick.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 52044
A beautiful tribute @dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good happy Remembrance Sunday Morening Ladies And Gentlemen.

An unsurprising blood splattered 6.6 this morning.

I choose to wear a poppy in honour of those who gave their lives that I can choose whether to wear a poppy or not.
Here in Tilehurst Towers the idiot box will switched on to watch the Cenotaph parade.
Have a great day all. @gennepher I like the solutions you have and are applying to dog problems.
Have a great day all and stay safe, stay well and stay apart.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No FBG totally forgot because I was concentrating on weight.
The garden is looking terrible. We are losing the battle with the moles - cheeky blighters are not only avoiding the traps, they are burying them in molehills. Grrr.
Really need to get out there and do something, but now so many tasks it's hard to decide where to start.
Have been indulging in misery and laziness for far too long. Someone please apply the recommended remedy.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good happy Remembrance Sunday Morening Ladies And Gentlemen.

An unsurprising blood splattered 6.6 this morning.

I choose to wear a poppy in honour of those who gave their lives that I can choose whether to wear a poppy or not.
Here in Tilehurst Towers the idiot box will switched on to watch the Cenotaph parade.
Have a great day all. @gennepher I like the solutions you have and are applying to dog problems.
Have a great day all and stay safe, stay well and stay apart.
Thanks @alf_Josiah
You have a good day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No FBG totally forgot because I was concentrating on weight.
The garden is looking terrible. We are losing the battle with the moles - cheeky blighters are not only avoiding the traps, they are burying them in molehills. Grrr.
Really need to get out there and do something, but now so many tasks it's hard to decide where to start.
Have been indulging in misery and laziness for far too long. Someone please apply the recommended remedy.
Oh dear @SlimLizzy
Those moles are a menace...
They (whoever they are) say do the easiest job first, and then the other jobs get easier and you can tackle the hard ones (but all my energy is spent by then).
In consequence, I dive into the hardest job possible and attack it with all I have. Then it can only get easier...possibly!

The sun is out here today, so I feel positive. I hope the sun is out for you.
t113040.gif

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
An update: I finally got my sound processor posted back to me from the hospital. I have had silence for nearly a couple of weeks. They replaced a cable, replaced the battery compartment, changed the magnet which attaches to the magnet embedded in my skull to a much stronger one which clamps on to my head pretty much the way a fridge grabs a fridge magnet. And the stronger magnet gives me a headache...
Good that your processor has been fixed @gennepher - but not so good that it gives you a headache and that you can now hear all the noise your neighbours are making .

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. We are looking after my sister's dog as she is off to attend the Thursford Christmas spectacular today.

The first hour was chaos as the dogs were really excited but they have settled down now and are playing quietly.

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Oh dear @SlimLizzy
Those moles are a menace...
They (whoever they are) say do the easiest job first, and then the other jobs get easier and you can tackle the hard ones (but all my energy is spent by then).
In consequence, I dive into the hardest job possible and attack it with all I have. Then it can only get easier...possibly!

The sun is out here today, so I feel positive. I hope the sun is out for you.
t113040.gif
Just to show the scale of the mole problem, each of the molehills will fill a five litre paint bucket.
The colourful little trees in the background are some we planted about three years ago and now starting to look really good
20211114_123626.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to show the scale of the mole problem, each of the molehills will fill a five litre paint bucket.
The colourful little trees in the background are some we planted about three years ago and now starting to look really good View attachment 52046

I have a clay soil @SlimLizzy

When I first moved here I would take a bucket to a local field which was full of molehills, and put the soil from the molehills in my bucket each time I took my dog for a walk. J would carry the bucket, it was his idea! So, I am aware of the volume of the molehill displacement problem. But my clay soil is now very good soil...it took a few months of walks to get that all good soil I needed.

But that doesn't help you.
I think I would despair if that were my problem.

I know people used to employ a mole catcher, but I hated seeing the dead moles strung up on a fence (as a warning to moles?).

What do other people in France do with this molehill problem?