What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke fine but within 30 minutes started getting forewarnings of yet another migraine. Went back to sleep for another 90 minutes. Wish I knew what has triggered this spate.

A little ff greek incase it's lack of food causing it, then out to a gentle exercise class. Either the fresh air or the movement helped as the migraine dissipated without coming to much.

A coffee with friends
L:90 second seed bread with cheese and 2 cherry tomatoes. Ff greek with blackberries and 3 chopped brazil nuts.

90 minutes dancing practice
D: gammon boiled with an onion in the water, and carrots and cabbage added near the end. The boys had left over stuffing reheated to bulk theirs out. I had 1 sq of yesterday's chocolate cake experiment. Very strong and rich as made with coconut flour which isn't my favourite. 1 square (a twelfth ofa 7" square tin) is enough

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Early afternoon: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a gingerbread Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Late afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: tuna melts with Brussels, broccoli and a couple of baby carrots followed by SF jelly and cream.

I made six tuna melts for today and six bacon melts for another day as they freeze well :hungry:
(Edit to add, I didn’t eat all six myself! :joyful:)

23E08087-E8EB-4935-94BD-EDA72ABEBCB2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I made six tuna melts for today and six bacon melts for another day as they freeze well :hungry:
And you are obviously so organised that you've used different couloured muffin things to be able to tell them apart. Very impressive!
How did you make the bacon ones? Same recipe but with bacon or something else?

The last leftovers of my vegetarian shawarma/green beans/ creme fraiche dish weren't enough to make a full meal. I thought to do a side salad first, but I hate very cold salad and as it's only 8 degrees in my kitchen the choice was very cold salad or no salad.

So instead I fried a sliced tomato, two mushrooms and a couple of shrimp from the freezer to end up with two completely different dishes on my plate which didn't fit together at all.
Good thing I'm a very chaotic person (unlike @Rachox :D) and both dishes were very tasty so I was happy with my meal! :)

257893737_10224636921104797_8677303414688657758_n.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And you are obviously so organised that you've used different couloured muffin things to be able to tell them apart. Very impressive!

Well spotted! I have a memory like a sieve and would forget which were on the left and which were on the right if I mixed them up! :joyful:
I use exactly the same recipe, but pre fry 4 rashers of bacon, chop them up and use in place of the tin of tuna.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak and eggs for breakfast.
Tub of yoghurt, lemon cordial / osmolax mix for smoko.
Cottage pie and green veggies (mashed pumpkin on my portion of pie), tub of low sugar pineapple jelly for lunch.
Bacon, lettuce and cheese low car wraps for supper at six.

I finally got around to cleaning the ceiling fans in our bedroom today, I have been putting it off to long as I detest cleaning them. If I had half a brain more, I should have my old apprentice do it before I sold up.

To #@%^$#* late now.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Behind again, but popping in with a brief update.

Two OMAD days yesterday and Sunday, with very different meals. Slow cooked lamb breast and pointed cabbage on Sunday and a ‘corned beef hash’ aka ‘stuff lurking in the cupboard/fridge meal yesterday - chopped bacon, onion and courgette fried with corned beef and leftover cabbage from Sunday. Still peckish about an hour later so ‘dessert’ was the remaining corned beef and a pickled onion.

68213E54-6017-4ECB-9026-653748DB3853.jpeg 990D8661-43C1-457E-A834-DB3F0AF4EF88.jpeg

Woke fine but within 30 minutes started getting forewarnings of yet another migraine. Went back to sleep for another 90 minutes. Wish I knew what has triggered this spate.

I suspect the answer is yes, but just in case, are you aware of the work of Dr Angela Stanton and her protocol around migraine? Might be worth having a read of her book, or joining her Facebook Group. It’s very active and the admins and Angela very helpful with tailored support: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MigraineSufferers/?ref=share

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: remains of the egg and spiced veggie mash. That was about 10 am - I did fall asleep in the chair eventually (a bit after 5 am) and woke again at 8.30ish. Currently quite hungry but it's too soon to eat yet.

When I do eat, it will be some poached white fish with lemon and some spring onions - I'll have to borrow some of Neil's soya sauce since mine has run out and I can't get any more at the moment. Neil's isn't ordinary soya sauce - it's called "liquid aminos" and is described as soya protein, not soya sauce. Doesn't taste quite the same either but it will make the fish taste a bit more oriental.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Goonergal will look into that one. Nice to have you back, even if briefly.

Skipped breakfast for an exercise class and an early lunch.
Tried a tuna 90 second bread thingy that nearly worked. Added cheese.
30g apple and some ff greek with 3 brazils.
2 sqs 85 % which is unusual for me at lunch time

Dancing, where I kept falling over my own feet!

D: cabbage parcels stuffed with mince and topped with tomato and cheese. Very tasty even if I say so myself.

Reserving a piece of lc chocolate cake and cream for watching bake off tonight. Was disappointed in last week's free from that it was all still sugar laden. A sugar free week is what we need! I bet they never do.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 agree sugar free/low carb highly unlikely but I love watching the programme.
Lunch left over frittata with salad followed by yoghurt, afew nuts and two squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner Cajun spiced chicken with salads and glass of soda water with dash of dry white wine followed by DGF blondie- eating while watching bake off.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Early afternoon: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a gingerbread Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Late afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: tuna melts with Brussels, broccoli and a couple of baby carrots followed by SF jelly and cream.

(Edit to add, I didn’t eat all six myself! :joyful:)

View attachment 52082
Looks delicious - please share the recipe - btw where did you get the silicon cases - I have been looking out for them :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late morning: black coffee and Phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: keralan chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly and cream.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

The last leftovers of my vegetarian shawarma/green beans/ creme fraiche dish weren't enough to make a full meal. I thought to do a side salad first, but I hate very cold salad and as it's only 8 degrees in my kitchen the choice was very cold salad or no salad.

So instead I fried a sliced tomato, two mushrooms and a couple of shrimp from the freezer to end up with two completely different dishes on my plate which didn't fit together at all.
Good thing I'm a very chaotic person (unlike @Rachox :D) and both dishes were very tasty so I was happy with my meal! :)

257893737_10224636921104797_8677303414688657758_n.jpg
Your leftovers/quickly flung together meals always look amazing - I just don't have the knack neither I do

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices of cheese on low carb toast, two hard boiled eggs for breakfast.
Tub of yoghurt, lemon cordial with my favourite **** mix in it for smoko.
Pork lion chops, mixed salad, last tub of pineapple jelly for lunch.
Jamie Oliver Pollack fish cakes for supper at six.

I have never heard of a Pollack fish before is that a UK name for by catch stuff?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a cup with melted butter & pepper. Mug of earl grey tea. Dgf delivery arrived so I had 1 dgf orange & cranberry blondie heated with teaspoon of extra thick double cream and double cream drizzled over the top (back on the cream big style this week but only for this week!)

Dinner - 3 chicken drumsticks with salad then 2 dgf New Crimbo Crumbles heated again with the creams (crumbles tasted lovely and very christmassy) but weird with it only being 16th November - I can't wait to try the rest in the box ...

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Probably because they are an Amazon UK product? ;)
I used to shop with the UK Amazon until they opened up here in Australia, that's why I mentioned my account loggin.

I used to get UK region dvd's from the Amazon UK before they were released in Australia and play them on my region free dvd player.

Reactions: Rachox

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Your leftovers/quickly flung together meals always look amazing - I just don't have the knack neither I do
I'm much better at surprising myself in the kitchen with whatever is available than with making thought out meals!
Today's meal looks more messy than amazing though, but it tasted good anyway :)

The plan was to cook for 3 days today, and I did get everything I wanted from the store too.
But my endo wanted me to do a 24 hour bp thing, which I got fitted at 4:15 pm.
After inflating and deflating (every 15 minutes, very horrible), the cuff stays rather tight. OK with an outstretched arm, but painful when bending. So I quickly decided cooking was out.

Got unhappier and unhappier with that thing on my arm very quickly.
Phoned a friend at 7:15 pm to have a whinge about it. She told me she wasn't surprised, seeing as all my clothes are selected for comfort, not looks (You'll never see me in anything other than sweat pants, knitted socks and sandals, and loose sports bra's even at weddings and funerals) and to take it off and just buy a home bp meter instead.
Took it off, very happy with her advice, and to my own surprise I suddenly started crying so hard from relief! This made for a very funny 4 way conversation, as her sons (aged 9 and 11) wanted to know what was wrong with me, which was the perfect distration! :joyful:
If I had my doubts my endo would be understanding of giving up after only 3 hours, it's clear she will if I tell her about this strong reaction!

Too late to start cooking a real meal now, so I had a two egg low carb sandwich with Turkish sausage and a mild blue cheese, and two small sliced tomatoes with cheese and bacon mayonnaise to satisfy my conscience which is always insisting I need to eat my veggies. Perfect meal for this day!

256667736_10224642635047642_8659561549911424986_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Riva_Roxaban