What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yoga then library.
L: 2 slices hm lc soda bread with some pate and very ripe Camembert. This is the 3rd Camembert lately from Lidl. 98p I think and each has been perfectly ripe and tasty.
A bit of ffg greek with red and blackcurrants

Then popped out to a local WI fair, a bit crowded so didn't stay long, only long enough for hubby to have coffee and a slice of proper cake. It was a Chai Tea sponge. I had 2 bites and very tasty, nice spicy but not overpowering. Will have to see if I can find a recipe or recreate it.
Stopped at the Italian deli on the way home to pick up a panettone for Xmas for the boys as won't be making a proper cake this year so they can make do with this - except as hubby was with me, we ended up buying 2 as he decided he wanted to try 2 different flavours ! Somehow he also bought 2 pastries
Our final stop was the Xmas event at another local antiques shop. I came out empty handed but he came out with a mince pie in hand...yes that was 3 cakes in less than an hour, and 2 for the store cupboard. Do you think he's been feeling deprived?

D: I had a fathead dough pizza. Boys had shop bought pizza with chips and salad.

Didn't want to open a bottle of wine so had a brandy. Well it is Saturday

Reactions: maglil55

Droosie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising alone
Breakfast was egg and bacon
Had a Kvarg peach and passion fruit yoghurt alternative.

Lunch was 1 slice multiseeded bread, can of tuna in brine, tbs of mayo and some onion
Cherry tomatoes
Had a bag of crisps from a multipack

Dinner tonight is soup at the moment but not sure totally yet.

Diagnosed two days ago so still getting to grips with things.
Had 36g of carbs so far.
Aiming to keep it under 150g a day but it's settling in around 100 so far.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Diagnosed two days ago so still getting to grips with things.
Had 36g of carbs so far.
Aiming to keep it under 150g a day but it's settling in around 100 so far.
Welcome back, and welcome on the thread!
Sounds like a good start :)
Make sure you eat enough to not feel hungry, it's much easier to make sensible choices when you're not craving food.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried the Heck chicken sausages. They were not only not particularly pleasant - they were distinctly UNpleasant. I cooked the whole pack to extend their life. What a waste of time and energy! I'll put them in a bag for No 2 son to take for the dogs when he comes tomorrow. In the end, my 2nd meal was cabbage. Won't do me any harm, I suppose.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs on the one salvageable pancake from yesterday. Water and tea to get the fluid levels up.

2nd meal: I got a pack of Heck chicken sausages in the Tesco order - just to try. So I'll have a couple of those with some cabbage.
I like Heck sausages but not the chicken version. They have a strange texture.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried the Heck chicken sausages. They were not only not particularly pleasant - they were distinctly UNpleasant. I cooked the whole pack to extend their life. What a waste of time and energy! I'll put them in a bag for No 2 son to take for the dogs when he comes tomorrow. In the end, my 2nd meal was cabbage. Won't do me any harm, I suppose.
I used to love a meal of cabbage with butter and black pepper. I see you agree with me on Heck chicken.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Four small slices of low carb cheese on toast for breakfast.
Half a small calypso mango, lemon cordial with the Osmolax mix for smoko.
Pork shoulder chops, green veggies and gravy for lunch.
J.O.'s fish cakes, fried up left over veggies for supper at six.

My colon is reminding me it is put a new fentanyl patch on day, I also have phone up for another scripts as I only have one left in the packet. She gives me a month supply of them 2 x 5 x 25 mcg packets, the same with oxcodonal 3 x 20 x 5 mg packets each time

My other GP it was like squeezing blood out of a stone to get pain medication with his attitude to them. :meh:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday 19 November - bed 7.1 FBG 6.9. This was a very rushed day. I spent the morning running backwards and forwards dropping everyone here, there and everywhere. DIL's Dad lost his wallet so a few visits were made including the police. Still had school run in between and trying to get Hubby to leave things alone in the kitcgen. Going out with everyone this afternoon for an early dinner (have the boys with us) and I'll have to drive as our delivery slot for dishwasher fitting is between 6 and 8pm! Next slot is 25 November so we'll have to get back.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with salmon mousse.

L. Nothing.

D. (At 4 30pm) Squid and rocket for a starter. Rib eye with tomato, Portobello mushroom, spinach and a chimichurri sauce plus 2 of Hubby's chips. Water to drink and had to then rush off as the delivery was on it's way.

After dishwasher was safely fitted, I had two vodkas and diet coke to unwind after a hectic day!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a gingerbread Carb Kill bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Online pilates for a relaxed start to the morning
L: more lovley soft camembert with 2 slices hm lc soda bread

D: out at bar restaurant chain called All Bar One. Quite a lot of lc choices and they were very happy to do swaps. They even offered to not put the breadcrumb coating on a katsu chicken breast, although I eventually chose lamb kebabs with salad and a small glass of red.
Persuaded boys they didn't need a dessert out as I could make them one at home but in the event it turns out it's so long since I cooked a proper sponge that not only had the flour gone stale but I used plain instead of self raising ! So they ended up with a stodgy heavy flat thing. I may need to make it up to them later in the week after I've refilled the cupboards

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 20 November - bed 6.2 FBG 6.6. Arranged a delivery again today and went to M&S for the rest. Left Hubby to play with his new toy! (Dishwasher ).

B. TAG and 1 slice of SLC toast with whipped cheese.

L. One I returned from M&S, some of tge coconut milk and a DGF choc chip cookie.

D. Cold cuts. 1 slice each of ox tongue, roast beef, chicken bit and coronation chicken. 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, mini mozzarella, mini German sausage. DGF gingerbread and blackberries with a spoonful of brandy cream which has now been replenished.

Nice to see my glasses all sparkling again.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Saturday 20 November - bed 6.2 FBG 6.6. Arranged a delivery again today and went to M&S for the rest. Left Hubby to play with his new toy! (Dishwasher ).

B. TAG and 1 slice of SLC toast with whipped cheese.

L. One I returned from M&S, some of tge coconut milk and a DGF choc chip cookie.

D. Cold cuts. 1 slice each of ox tongue, roast beef, chicken bit and coronation chicken. 1/2 avocado, santini tomatoes, mini mozzarella, mini German sausage. DGF gingerbread and blackberries with a spoonful of brandy cream which has now been replenished.

Nice to see my glasses all sparkling again.

Have I missed something @maglil55? Is there a reason why you are drinking coconut milk? How does it suit you as opposed to cows' milk? I use tinned coconut milk sometimes in cooking but I can't help feeling that it would be rather rich to drink for my odd tum. Sometimes cows' milk is as well.

Up at 3.30 am and felt very hungry so eventually had some wholemeal toast and butter at about 5am. Went back to bed then and slept until 7.30 when I jumped up thinking I was late putting out the recycling bin. I wasn't late - the bin is still outside (10am) waiting to be emptied.

DIL has taken on a job as a home care worker for the winter and starts today. She trained as a nurse some years ago and feels that, with the staff shortages at present, she should be making her contribution. That means that Em will be coming here every afternoon. Not that that will be any different to the norm. Just means, if I do have any appointments, I'll have to make them in the morning.

2nd meal: will be some more of the cabbage and butter. I rather fancy the idea now that you've reminded me. Tom also enjoyed it with cheese melted through it but melted cheese doesn't appeal these days.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dental treatment this morning - not as invasive as previous operations but another three weeks to wait until final part of treatment, fitting the new front teeth on the new implant - can’t wait and hope I get my new front teeth for Christmas. I went to see dental technician this afternoon,after dental appointment,for a colour match and he said it felt like everyone wanted new teeth for Christmas! As I lost mine in an accident at the age of 11 I’ve been waiting a long time for a,hopefully, more long lasting solution.
Lunch a couple of scrambled eggs then a few spoons of yoghurt
Dinner passata with a few venison meatballs (cooked all day in slow cooker)and a buttered lc hm roll followed by a Lc brownie with yoghurt.