What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah! That’s how to do it. Loosely associate yourself as an afternoon tea pal of Bertrand Russel or some other fancy pants and there is an instant cost/value balancing out.
Much more prosaic. Just location, location, location. By now you should all realise I'm a very shallow chap. I crave comfort, the feeling of belonging to something and somewhere. Neither Elsie nor my current GPS coordinates come close to providing that but they are my duty just now. Afternoon tea in Granchester would give me what I desire. I'm content to be judged as shallow.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. fbs was 8.9 at 8.15am. Sigmoidoscopy went well. No indication of cancer found. :happy: Another appointment on 30th Nov. to discuss what happens next as symptoms have persisted. Lovely bright and sunny start today so may wrap up warm and make the most of it. Enjoy yourselves folks.:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sigmoidoscopy went well. No indication of cancer found. :happy:
Delighted for you. I pray they will identify and remedy the cause of your discomfort in very short order. I insist you take the very best care of yourself (but I am a bear of very little brain.)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
The pins and needles mentioned a few days ago did eventually subside. However in my investigation via Google I discovered they can be caused by over indulgence in alcohol. So two day abstinence. Then two glasses of wine with dinner, seems to be ok, so not that. Phew! All the same am going to be a more moderate drinker from now on.
MrSlim did cooperate when asked to refrain from opening a bottle of Crêmant, because I had already had my two glasses of wine.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good morning all. fbs was 8.9 at 8.15am. Sigmoidoscopy went well. No indication of cancer found. :happy: Another appointment on 30th Nov. to discuss what happens next as symptoms have persisted. Lovely bright and sunny start today so may wrap up warm and make the most of it. Enjoy yourselves folks.:)
That must be a great relief, even while symptoms persist. Hope they track down the cause and find a suitable treatment quickly.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
finding trades and materials difficult to source - and prices keep jumping .
Classic symptom of the Boosterism variant: Optimism is free but the price of everything else is rising. Relax I've been to Peppa Pig World. I'll see you right.:angelic:
The pins and needles mentioned a few days ago did eventually subside. However in my investigation via Google I discovered they can be caused by over indulgence in alcohol. So two day abstinence. Then two glasses of wine with dinner, seems to be ok, so not that. Phew! All the same am going to be a more moderate drinker from now on.
MrSlim did cooperate when asked to refrain from opening a bottle of Crêmant, because I had already had my two glasses of wine.
We've fixed that, with this simple trick, on this side of the channel.:angelic:

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That must be a great relief, even while symptoms persist. Hope they track down the cause and find a suitable treatment quickly.
Thank you@SlimLizzy.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Delighted for you. I pray they will identify and remedy the cause of your discomfort in very short order. I insist you take the very best care of yourself (but I am a bear of very little brain.)
Thank you@ianpspurs. Glad that you had a well earned holiday. You take good care of yourself too! :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This may or may not be of interest but I'll pass on the link anyhow. I will try 1 of each provided they can be frozen. Goes against my swaps don't work policy but I'm way past principles I need comfort food. Any mathematical superbrain able to calculate the amounts for the pastry? Hot water pastry recipe which we may adapt since we have most of the LCF co ingredients. Have a puff pastry recipe on the house - Black Friday deal:angelic:

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 for me
FB_IMG_1540487416206.jpg

Reactions: mojo37 and Jojo85

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Creative today...
Using Wilko pen, then spraying with water.

A little bit fed up this morning. I was going to go to another shop, for something I needed, after I picked up my prescription, but just now discovered it has relocated. So now, instead of having 3 shops I often use next to each other, one is now in a completely different place, with no other shops nearby. Which then becomes too much for me, because instead of just getting out of the car once, and setting up my scooter just once, it now all needs doing twice which I simply don't have the energy or stamina to do.

I looked online for the thing I wanted, but it is double the price, which is just not happening.

EDIT
Well, I won't be getting my prescription this morning either, the weather has suddenly turned badly. My trees are all beating each other savagely, the bird feeders are swaying madly, and the rain is pouring, and hailstones just started....

I am staying under my electric blanket today...

FA1F6813-055C-4142-A36A-FC7387B74717.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap! International Bin day is Thursday here too! But I have declined to take part today. I am enjoying my warm bed too much to rush out into the cold (I forgot last night...).

Exciting times all these quotes. Put them all in a hat. Shake then round and let the little one pick out a winner...

Like this tree very much @dunelm
It has the delicacy that is winning me over this morning...
Thank you @gennepher - and I shall dig out a hat.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Creative today...
Using Wilko pen, then spraying with water.

A little bit fed up this morning. I was going to go to another shop, for something I needed, after I picked up my prescription, but just now discovered it has relocated. So now, instead of having 3 shops I often use next to each other, one is now in a completely different place, with no other shops nearby. Which then becomes too much for me, because instead of just getting out of the car once, and setting up my scooter just once, it now all needs doing twice which I simply don't have the energy or stamina to do.

I looked online for the thing I wanted, but it is double the price, which is just not happening.

View attachment 52221
Big hugs all round for the march of the shops - so frustrating. Another splendid water tree from you today.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news and I hope that they can pin down the cause. Enjoy the sun.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad it wasn’t the wine but hope that the cause can be identified.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This may or may not be of interest but I'll pass on the link anyhow. I will try 1 of each provided they can be frozen. Goes against my swaps don't work policy but I'm way past principles I need comfort food. Any mathematical superbrain able to calculate the amounts for the pastry? Hot water pastry recipe which we may adapt since we have most of the LCF co ingredients. Have a puff pastry recipe on the house - Black Friday deal:angelic:
Thanks for the links