What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of a late start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted vegetables with spices came in at 5.3 this am

More quotes than a website of famous quotes - The Carpet People came yesterday - no, not the Munrungs and the Deftmenes from that Terry Pratchett book written by two authors who were both the same person, but the folk who measure up and then fit carpets and other floor coverings. Let’s hope that there are no shortages or price hikes in the floor coverings industry. The bin ceremony went without a hitch and Mrs Miggins had already organised that the baggage train had our new location and jet washed the bin (£3 a fortnight).
Art bit - a tree - wow! So unusual. I hope that your day is good to you. I am already slurping koffy.

upload_2021-11-26_8-17-6.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.58am FBG 5.8
Weight 51.4kg
The roofers are coming on Monday.
We will be spending the day moving stuff out of the loft.
Of course the weather has changed and we are expecting rain most of the week. Not 100% chance so maybe we will be lucky.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Kali Mera Homo Diabeticus on Black Friday 2021. This post is sponsored by D Cameron Esq, @gennepher and C S Lewis - except any wisdom comes from the Holy Spirit IMHO. @gennepher - hug for displaced shops, winner for creative- fine line, fine line. C S Lewis? “If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” Not just the pre-Advent 2, world more immediately Elsieland, Forest Heath and contemporary Ingerland in general. Cameron? oft quoted saying don't make the perfect the enemy of the good. Like many a cast off, the poor Goveys used his hand me downs - allegedly. Cheat days? My cunning plan - no turnips involved - to deal with Elsie ennui is to incorporate "cheat days" with the lowest possible LC, why, even Keto:arghh:. Perfect ingredients and no swap principle or not as Elsie has become a clear and present danger. Those items yesterday and these are the vanguard. Well off my good for me list. Elsie's longevity, apparently being a must, requires a serious holding my nose and closing my eyes. @dunelm thanks for the tree, I like novelty. Try the Black Friday angle on the flooring dudes - delivery for Christmas must surely end all deals from now on? If I said my fbg was 5.I don't care would anyone be offended? Cheesy chune - it is Friday and that line may have been known to work in my salad days (unlikely I ever tried it sober/not for a bet):angelic:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bit of a late start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted vegetables with spices came in at 5.3 this am

More quotes than a website of famous quotes - The Carpet People came yesterday - no, not the Munrungs and the Deftmenes from that Terry Pratchett book written by two authors who were both the same person, but the folk who measure up and then fit carpets and other floor coverings. Let’s hope that there are no shortages or price hikes in the floor coverings industry. The bin ceremony went without a hitch and Mrs Miggins had already organised that the baggage train had our new location and jet washed the bin (£3 a fortnight).
Art bit - a tree - wow! So unusual. I hope that your day is good to you. I am already slurping koffy.

View attachment 52222
An amazing tree @dunelm
I am going to disappear into that hole/hollowed out bit of that tree and daydream...

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Glad it wasn’t the wine but hope that the cause can be identified.
I have a suspicion it was digging, that has been known to cause problems with my shoulders before. Bit difficult to manage a veg garden without digging, no matter what the experts say. Have looked into No Dig gardening and it requires an enormous amount of fresh compost every year, while some say, soil fertility collapses in third or fourth year. Either way we don't have the resources to buy tons if the stuff.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening.

an understandable 6.9 this morning

off for a covid test, a precursor to Monday’s endoscopy. Then Tilehurst Towers becomes my prison, isolation is the name and telling people to **** off’s the game.
Now if you don’t mind me and me’s are getting a move on.
Be well, bee safe, bea apart.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. fbs was 8.9 at 8.15am. Sigmoidoscopy went well. No indication of cancer found. :happy: Another appointment on 30th Nov. to discuss what happens next as symptoms have persisted. Lovely bright and sunny start today so may wrap up warm and make the most of it. Enjoy yourselves folks.:)
Really good news that there is no cancer.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a suspicion it was digging, that has been known to cause problems with my shoulders before. Bit difficult to manage a veg garden without digging, no matter what the experts say. Have looked into No Dig gardening and it requires an enormous amount of fresh compost every year, while some say, soil fertility collapses in third or fourth year. Either way we don't have the resources to buy tons if the stuff.
Ouch! My parents have a no dig garden - very high and narrow beds (no bending) and a medieval crop rotation system with work needed composting so takes lots of work initially setting it up. All the best.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think I posted fbs this morning. It was 5.0. It turned into a really busy day and I got loads of work done.

It is so cold here but it does look as though we will miss the worst of the gale force winds here in Norfolk. Hope everyone stays safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

It is still blowing a hoolie out there.
When it's daylight I'll have to go out and assess any damage.

I was trying to convey it in my painting this morning.
With this paper, I can lift the runs on to a paintbrush and work them into the sky.
Not too sure about this one...

Road closures because of safety, because of trees down, wind damaged petrol station roof, bridge closure. Many detours all over the place. Not for a big clock would I have gone out yesterday. Yet some medical supplies I get once every four months managed to get delivered yesterday. But I was waiting by the window all day. They normally get to me by 10am. It was 5 pm by the time the guy arrived. He looked totally utterly exhausted. How many detours must he have done by the time he got to me?

UPDATE:
Just looked out of kitchen door, and the storm has created mayhem. It is going to take me all week to repair and sort that damage and debris. The kitchen door is my front door so to speak, it is my only exit out to the front road and my car. The piled up debris stopped at the kitchen door, but I can still squeeze through...

And I haven't looked at the front garden or the back garden yet...I need daylight to see what the wind has done...I am dreading this...

7293868C-4D1E-44E0-AD36-498BC52A59CA.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

It is still blowing a hoodie out there.

With this paper, I can lift the runs on to a paintbrush and work them into the sky.

Road closures because of safety, because of trees down, wind damaged petrol station roof, bridge closure. Many detours all over the place. Not for a big clock would I have gone out yesterday. Yet some medical supplies I get once every four months managed to get delivered yesterday. But I was waiting by the window all day. They normally get to me by 10am. It was 5 pm by the time the guy arrived. He looked totally utterly exhausted. How many detours must he have done by the time he got to me?

UPDATE:
Just looked out of kitchen door, and the storm has created mayhem. It is going to take me all week to repair and sort that damage and debris. The kitchen door is my front door so to speak, it is my only exit out to the front road and my car. The piled up debris stopped at the kitchen door, but I can still squeeze through...

And I haven't looked at the front garden or the back garden yet...I need daylight to see what the wind has done...

View attachment 52225
Love your dramatic painting @gennepher - it does convey a very stormy scene.
Hope there isn't too much damage to your garden.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Very cold but no gale force winds.

@ianpspurs - good that you are looking at ways to make Elsie more bearable for you.

I must confess I drew several 'red lines ' at the start of LC which I have steadfastly never crossed. I think that we all tailor LC to suit our food preferences.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

It is still blowing a hoodie out there.

UPDATE:

And I haven't looked at the front garden or the back garden yet...I need daylight to see what the wind has done...I am dreading this...

View attachment 52225
Spectacular effects with those storm clouds around ma-hoosive tree. My paternal grandfather got a big clock when he retired. I think one of my cousins has it now. All the best with the clear up - take your time.

Reactions: ianpspurs