What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine had a 1 December date. Suspect yours will be later. I'm surprised they didn't arrive today. Last time mine got stuck in Peterborough DGF replaced the entire order as some of them had white mold spots. Fingers crossed they make it.
Can you remember how many days yours were stuck in Peterborough? and that's the worry I have as well - I don't think dgf will replace the order as it was over £35 - what was the value of your order?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Here’s a link to their site:
https://lowcarbfood.co/
Their bread is lovely, just like ‘real’ bread. I always have some in the freezer. Can’t wait to try their pies and pizza :hungry:
Do they do next day delivery? and do you need to be home to take the delivery? - it's just I am working and not always home

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That pork pie looks fabulous. I used to love a pork pie, especially the pastry.

@Annb and @maglil55 I think they’ve made a pretty good job of the pastry, although it’s not as hard and crisp as a regular one. It’s only a small pie - a little bigger than one of those mini Melton Mowbray ones but it tasted just like a proper one so it’ll be great to have a couple of these for Christmas.
I also bought piccalilli from Keto fitness club which had a good flavour but was a bit runny. I used to make a big vat every year but haven’t bothered to try and ‘ low carb it’ yet.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooo, I have some of those pork pies and a couple of pizzas on order with my usual order of bread and bread rolls. Glad to hear there’s no white stodge, I was never very keen on that bit of a pork pie!

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a DGF choc chip cookie.
Dinner: bacon melts with Brussels and brocolli followed by SF jelly and cream.

Wish me luck for tomorrow, blood test to check that iron tablets and all this green veg has done the trick with my levels,

Good luck for the blood tests.
I’ve emailed the pie company to check if the pies are freezable - I’m assuming so but can’t see it on the website. It’s good to know the bread is nice too.

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck for the blood tests.
I’ve emailed the pie company to check if the pies are freezable - I’m assuming so but can’t see it on the website. It’s good to know the bread is nice too.

Yes the pies are able to be frozen :)

4EFA0DB0-DFEA-4731-B757-803788EA2688.jpeg

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: bubble and squeak with squash instead of potato and fried in butter plus 2 fried eggs. Currently have heartburn - shouldn't have caused that, but who knows if it would have happened anyway.

Later will be one of the fish pie bases out of the freezer and topped with some more of the roasted butternut squash instead of mashed potato. With peas.

Wondering what to have for Christmas dinner - or even whether to bother, it is just me after all. Really fancy the idea of something fishy rather than meaty but to get a decent piece of fish might be a problem. I'd like something like halibut if I can get it but skate would do and would be much cheaper. What I'd really like is dogfish (what used to be called rock salmon). Now that's a fish worth having. But I heard it was on the endangered list, so won't be available. Monkfish can't hold a candle, even though it looks similar. Also, there's a bell ringing in my head about skate also being endangered, so maybe it will have to be halibut - that is often farmed these days.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do they do next day delivery? and do you need to be home to take the delivery? - it's just I am working and not always home
The delivery time is 5 - 7 days usually, and do you know I’ve never been in for deliveries from them, hubby took them in!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So sorry to read of your poor little goat's problems. I hope the vet's treatment can help. You can become so attached to goats, can't you? They are such characters. And this, so soon after losing your little guinea pig friend.
He didn't improve so I've had him put down by the vet this afternoon.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you remember how many days yours were stuck in Peterborough? and that's the worry I have as well - I don't think dgf will replace the order as it was over £35 - what was the value of your order?
Talk to them directly about the issue I’m sure despite size of order they will replace and claim from POst office on their Facebook page someone had a damaged Christmas hamper which was more than 35 and arrived in Scotland wet and damaged and Dan,once made aware, got a replacement sent out. Do get in touch they like to put things right.
Best email re orders is [email protected]

Last edited:

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to hear that @Antje77. It is a really hard thing to do, best for the animal but really horrible for you.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast; eat natural low sugar granola, two slices hi lo with butter
snack: mocha
lunch: SLC tuna mayo roll with sliced tomatoes, 5g of Salt and vinegar crisps which equates to 2.7g cards! I needed them, it was about four small crisps. Perkier lc bar.
dinner: chicken fajitas on carbzone wraps with cheese and sour cream, raspberries and cream, six montezuma buttons

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch two boiled eggs and half a lc hm roll followed by yoghurt,a few nuts and three squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner venison meatballs in small amount of hm passata and garlic bread made using slices of hm lc bread and glass of red wine followed by lc raspberry bakewell with double cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: yoghurt with seeds and blackberries and redcurrants and walnuts
A very cold walk!
L: seed crackers with gouyere, ham and avocado. Lc hot chocolate
D: slow cooked lamb with carrots, swede and broccoli. A glass of red

@Antje77 hugs and more hugs

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5D3BA153-BC7B-4300-A8C5-E2A2757CE80A.jpeg

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a Food Dr bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a phd bar
Dinner: crispy cheese omelette filled with baby tomatoes and mushrooms followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

Edit to add pic

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The delivery time is 5 - 7 days usually, and do you know I’ve never been in for deliveries from them, hubby took them in!

Just had an email to say my order place last Thursday is running late and apologising for the delay, Christmas orders, supplies shortages, understaffing etc.. but all stock should be in early next week. They are throwing in a rosemary and sea salt focaccia as a gesture of good will :)