What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher my post originally was a lot longer but I had to delete most of it because the suggestions I had made would have resulted in you being charged with criminal damage to the horrid lights.

I appreciate that @Krystyna23040
I would not like to say on here where my mind has gone with this one...

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My fbg this morning was 5.6 on Swipey. Objectively not low enough on any device but better than of late. @gennepher hug for the nightmare on Gennstreet but ingenious solution by accident or not. @dunelm congratulations on the Spinal clinic appointment and thanks to yourself and @gennepher for sharing your art. @Krystyna23040 Personally, I wouldn't question why the good numbers are coming just celebrate them. We are safely in Southampton having had a hassle free journey. All sorts of supermarkets and restaurants deliver within the minutes in these here cities - what fun. My usual food will be is now here but Swipey seems to think Elsie is a waste of time at the moment. DIL has organised a meal out for our son's birthday thoughtfully thinking of my diet. I would really rather not go but how can I tell anyone that? COVID, Elsie and family life don't work for me:arghh:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My fbg this morning was 5.6 on Swipey. Objectively not low enough on any device but better than of late. @gennepher hug for the nightmare on Gennstreet but ingenious solution by accident or not. @dunelm congratulations on the Spinal clinic appointment and thanks to yourself and @gennepher for sharing your art. @Krystyna23040 Personally, I wouldn't question why the good numbers are coming just celebrate them. We are safely in Southampton having had a hassle free journey. All sorts of supermarkets and restaurants deliver within the minutes in these here cities - what fun. My usual food will be is now here but Swipey seems to think Elsie is a waste of time at the moment. DIL has organised a meal out for our son's birthday thoughtfully thinking of my diet. I would really rather not go but how can I tell anyone that? COVID, Elsie and family life don't work for me:arghh:

Thanks @ianpspurs

Somehow try to enjoy yourself.
I wouldn't like to go out for a meal either...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Tuesday 23:22 just logged in, thanks @gennepher and @dunelm. I have replied to your pm @gennepher.

Me and me’s have been preoccupied with life away from diabetes, anyone that cares to check my profile diabetes is a minor problem, mental stability with 6 alternative personalities running around is a major problem, then chuck in national bin day ( @dunelm ) moving in all 11 dimensions has popped a fuse or several.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday 23:22 just logged in, thanks @gennepher and @dunelm. I have replied to your pm @gennepher.

Me and me’s have been preoccupied with life away from diabetes, anyone that cares to check my profile diabetes is a minor problem, mental stability with 6 alternative personalities running around is a major problem, then chuck in national bin day ( @dunelm ) moving in all 11 dimensions has popped a fuse or several.
Have fun on your keyboard Alf
m0857.gif

I'll be playing my African drum
m0871.gif

(Yes @alf_Josiah I really do have a big African drum, and the next person who calls it a coffee table and tries to place their coffee on it....)

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Guess what?
Someone's flashing Christmas lights got turned off at the dot of 10pm...

Today's creative.
Berol handwriting pen sprayed with water. Pentel brush pen for tree.

1BBE6569-1166-4E6C-A8E7-216BCD22BBE7.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Huzzah! Nearly bin day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a calm after the storm start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of bangers and cauliflower colcannon with onion gravy came in at 5.2 this am

cutting down on my drugs seems to be working although I still cannot get comfortable in bed. I have tried various combinations of head and foot heights but the reclining sofa is still winning. Still, onwards and upwards, stay the course with the exercises. I have been informed that only one tree will go up for Christmas. We had 5 in our previous house - of varying sizes. It was like camping out in the woods during an alien invasion The advantages of downsizing.
Some more trees this morning (ish). Hope you all have a splendid day. According to the Holy Days of the Pastifarian Church, it’s garlic bread day. I shall take mine with koffy.

upload_2021-12-8_7-12-34.jpeg

Reactions: Jojo85

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a calm after the storm start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of bangers and cauliflower colcannon with onion gravy came in at 5.2 this am

cutting down on my drugs seems to be working although I still cannot get comfortable in bed. I have tried various combinations of head and foot heights but the reclining sofa is still winning. Still, onwards and upwards, stay the course with the exercises. I have been informed that only one tree will go up for Christmas. We had 5 in our previous house - of varying sizes. It was like camping out in the woods during an alien invasion The advantages of downsizing.
Some more trees this morning (ish). Hope you all have a splendid day. According to the Holy Days of the Pastifarian Church, it’s garlic bread day. I shall take mine with koffy.

View attachment 52373
Brilliant @dunelm
I love this!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, is it still raining where you are?
Blood sugars the last few fasting readings were, 7.0, 4.8, 4.6, 5.7 and this morning an expected 7.7.
Today will be plinky plonky day and @gennepher will joining me and me’s on her african drum , order your ear plugs now while you have chance. Gennepher in the wilds of norf Whales and me and me’s in the soft darn sarf.
@dunelm enjoy your garlic bread.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 from Swipey here in a hotel room in Southampton. Good to see you back @alf_Josiah. Wonderful news on the lights - fbg seems to have benefited @gennepher. Is the creative a Celebration (or a Hero?) @dunelm part good news on the back and I sense a happy/less grumpy northern man over the Christmas tree saga. Thanks for the art - our room looks out onto nothing but Hampshire trees. No 2 son is 34 today - I type this after 8.15 so it is accurate- so we are visiting. @Krystyna23040, yes just go with it. This will blow the fuses of the pearl clutchers: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. Booyakasha as they say down here - honest.