What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Right off piste today. Didn't eat anything else after the chicken thigh in the early hours so by the time we got to Inverness DIL and I were both hungry and we both had a bacon roll. DIL enjoyed it, I regretted it due to almost instant indigestion (serves me right). Lunch time I had my fish and chips sadly not as good as before - lots of batter to remove before getting to the fish. Also a few peas and a few chips (better than last time). DIL had a "Christmas dinner" which she didn't enjoy either. Ah well, now we know not to do that again.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch was a SLC roll with a ton of fillings - roast chicken, slice of cheddar, smoked ham and h/m coleslaw. DGF blondie.
@maglil55 thanks for the wine info, that’s light enough to have a couple of glasses without nodding off in the afternoon.
Dinner was slow cooker beef bourguignon, cabbage and a dollop of sour cream. Followed by a couple of frozen choc nut pieces.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dinner was slow cooker beef bourguignon, cabbage and a dollop of sour cream.
Perfect!
I know what I'll make later this week!

Not sure what I'll eat today yet, I've made a cheese sauce to go with some runner beans, the last leftover peas from yesterday, leek and pork belly, but both diabetes and my sensor are acting so ridiculously I don't really want to spend 30 minutes in the kitchen because I'm sure this will result in a hypo unless I eat a couple of winegums beforehand, in which case I'll likely have a hyper.
No idea what's going on, with both diabetes and my sensor going in all directions but not necessarily at the same time.Possibly the remnants of my cold making me go up sharply from everything which would raise me mildly under normal circumstances, and my starting period wanting to make me drop all the time working against eachother in whole new ways or such.

About to give up on my meal (it will still be fine tomorrow, so no wastage in postponing) and just have some cheese and liverwust, with or without a slice of LC bread depending on BG, and dig into my chocolaty nut things a bit heavier than usually before bed.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to post yesterday's food. Think it was
B: 2 scrambled eggs
Walk
L: 2 pieces lc soda bread with cheese
Cooking afternoon so lots of tasting, but at least freezer full now of lc stuff so I don't get tempted by the full carbs stuff (that's the theory)
D: roast beef, roast celeriac, cauliflower, carrots, gravy. Half scoop icecream

Today
Zoom class
L, bits of ham and cheese, nuts, olives
20 minute stroll
D: a triumph of using up leftovers and stuff found lurking in the freezer. A sort of cottage pie, yesterday's roast beef and caulifower minced together in gravy, topped with cheesy leeks and futher topped with parsnips and celeriac refried to be crispy

Trouble is bg is still resolutely sitting high 7s all day so giving no leeway and going straight into high 9s after eating. :sorry:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a PE bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a Carb Killa bar
Dinner: beef and herb meatballs with tomato and mascarpone sauce, Brussels and broccoli followed by DGF birthday cake and cream. (No it’s not my birthday, I did a pre Christmas freezer reorganise today and found some from August! Once defrosted it tasted as good as when it was delivered!)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Horrible day today - that's the result of all the energy used (mostly mental - DIL did all the work) yesterday plus being dreadfully stiff after being cramped in that very small seat on the plane. Walking more difficult than usual, groggy despite lots of sleep, nauseous - not much food so far today. Much of it is because I had decided to go to town with Neil today so that I could get myself some fish for my Christmas dinner and he always goes very early so that he doesn't meet up with many others in the shops. So - no time to eat. Just a cup of tea and away.

Brunch: chicken mayo wholemeal sandwich, but it was really too late and I was already feeling poorly.

And after all, there was nothing much in the way of fish that I wanted. The only thing that I might have wanted was fresh tuna - except here, it couldn't possibly be fresh and it didn't really look very fresh either. So I ended up with 2 little skate wings. Might still use them for my Christmas meal.

At present I have 2 gammon steaks in a pan and a salmon tail in the oven - they both had to be used up, so I'm cooking them and will put them in the freezer. Don't think I'll be eating this evening - not unless I can start to feel half decent rather than half dead. Ah well. Tomorrow is another day.

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Festive excess continues.

Had 0% Fage, extra thick double cream and raspberries before heading out this morning. Plus one or two 85% Hotel Chocolat batons received in the post from a friend.

Had a decent 7 mile walk across London which involved picking up a picture frame at John Lewis and picking up keto chocolate cakes at Canary Wharf. One of the latter eaten once home, followed by a ‘leftovers’ meal of 4 eggs, 2 chopped chipolatas, 2 chopped rashers of streaky bacon and some onions.

7E90A884-76B5-4069-B3DD-F6C3314F8676.jpeg

Editing to add a pic stolen from Twitter, which kind of sums up my week

E1CFB645-48FF-4174-AE39-8D5252E906A8.jpeg

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch was a SLC roll with a ton of fillings - roast chicken, slice of cheddar, smoked ham and h/m coleslaw. DGF blondie.
@maglil55 thanks for the wine info, that’s light enough to have a couple of glasses without nodding off in the afternoon.
Dinner was slow cooker beef bourguignon, cabbage and a dollop of sour cream. Followed by a couple of frozen choc nut pieces.
I didn't think it would fit here before Christmas but, I got a nice email from SLC support to say their elfs had worked super hard on the backlog and my LC bread supply/Prosecco would be here before Christmas.

@Mrs T 123 - got another email from Royal Mail saying my DGF order would be delivered today. It wasn't ; It's in Peterborough! Hopefully, it travels up overnight and arrives tomorrow.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So glad your grandson is coming along so well and coping with his anxiety. How is his brother doing at the moment?

Em had her Christmas party last Thursday - her teacher had to go to the mainland for a funeral, so they advanced it a day. He had produced some really happy ideas - like a bauble containing messages from every one in the class on what they liked about other class members. Em's messages all indicated that she is fun, friendly, energetic, kind and artistic. Gives them all a nice warm glow.
The youngster seems to have turned a corner as well. We've had a good couple of weeks and he seems to be mastering the difference between "funny" conversation and "cheek". It's all a bit more peaceful now.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 I had the same email, but mine appear to be stuck in Swindon!

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar
Dinner: chilli con carne with sliced sautéed courgettes followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 scrambled eggs
Then packed cheese olives and nuts as plan was to meet family halfway down motorway for fish and chips and a walk as none of us fancied a crowded cafe or pub,
However luck was in and the chippy turned out to be next to a pub that was virtually empty so we ended up sitting inside in the warm, and in our own room area.
So I had a steak and salad. Ordered a 4 oz, but was informed because it was Tuesday an 8oz worked out cheaper...?... didn't argue.:hungry:
So the packed cheese olives and nuts are doing for dinner instead.

Tested negative again this morning but still not feeling quite right. A bit cold and achy.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 I had the same email, but mine appear to be stuck in Swindon!

Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar
Dinner: chilli con carne with sliced sautéed courgettes followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.
We were beginning to feel a bit victimised! If it moves overnight it will make it tomorrow!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Considering the time you've posted this, it sounds like it was the 11PM bug, which seems to slow the forum down (almost?) daily starting at 11PM and lasting somewhere between 10 and 30 minutes.

I don't use the app, but it happens if you use the forum through your browser as well.
All my posts are also appearing on my feed with "moderate" on them. Here's just one - they're all like this.
Screenshot_20211221-200431.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
All my posts are also appearing on my feed with "moderate" on them. Here's just one - they're all like this.
I've never seen this, but I'll send you a PM with the rest of the team included so we can have a look at it, and hopefully some of my colleagues are more tech savvy than I am!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got side tracked by a couple of phone calls first up from the base hospital yesterday so did not post anything here.

Two slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms for breakfast.
No smoko today, to busy with the "occy health" lady in the shower, :joyful:
Pork loin chops green veggies and gravy for lunch, lemon cordial / osmolax mix.
Cheese and onion toasted sandwiches, green jelly for supper at six.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Perfect!
I know what I'll make later this week!

Not sure what I'll eat today yet, I've made a cheese sauce to go with some runner beans, the last leftover peas from yesterday, leek and pork belly, but both diabetes and my sensor are acting so ridiculously I don't really want to spend 30 minutes in the kitchen because I'm sure this will result in a hypo unless I eat a couple of winegums beforehand, in which case I'll likely have a hyper.
No idea what's going on, with both diabetes and my sensor going in all directions but not necessarily at the same time.Possibly the remnants of my cold making me go up sharply from everything which would raise me mildly under normal circumstances, and my starting period wanting to make me drop all the time working against eachother in whole new ways or such.

About to give up on my meal (it will still be fine tomorrow, so no wastage in postponing) and just have some cheese and liverwust, with or without a slice of LC bread depending on BG, and dig into my chocolaty nut things a bit heavier than usually before bed.
Diabetes is behaving much better today! :)
Had the meal I had planned for yesterday, some runner beans and a few leftover peas with a spicy cheese sauce, and leftover pork belly pieces fried with leek, an odd combination but very tasty nonetheless. :hungry:

269750873_10224824533354986_2135992747179704103_n.jpg

@DJC3 inspired me to make boeuf bourguignon, so I went grocery shopping and a big pot of what is supposedly boeuf bourguignon is now happily stewing in the kitchen.
I don't think I've ever eaten it, let alone made it, so I won't know if it turned out like it should be, but as long as it's tasty that's fine with me!

I'll have a try at cauliflower mash to go with it tomorrow, never had or made that either but it can't be too difficult. I still have some leftover cheese sauce, pretty sure my mash will taste wonderful if I add this to the cauliflower! :hungry:

269753256_10224823612491965_3819419889954333132_n.jpg

269742699_10224823613932001_5901764669342522953_n.jpg

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
All my posts are also appearing on my feed with "moderate" on them. Here's just one - they're all like this.View attachment 52523
This is normal.. its only appearing on your own posts.. this is where you click and get the option to edit your post if you make a mistake or delete it if you no longer want that post

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't think it would fit here before Christmas but, I got a nice email from SLC support to say their elfs had worked super hard on the backlog and my LC bread supply/Prosecco would be here before Christmas.

@Mrs T 123 - got another email from Royal Mail saying my DGF order would be delivered today. It wasn't ; It's in Peterborough! Hopefully, it travels up overnight and arrives tomorrow.
*Snapsies* I got the same email from Royal Mail advising my order would be delivered to me today - it never arrived it's still stuck at Peterborough - here we go again! I am hoping it will arrive tomorrow ...

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
THURSDAY 16 December - Bed 7.6 FBG 7.3. Once again got 2 days done and it kicked me out. Lost it again.

B. TAG and that's it. More running about.
L. Coconut milk while grandson had lunch
D. Boys wanted Steak pie, peas/broccoli and chunky chips. I ended up picking at bits of steak before heading back to shops after I took them home. Once I got back, I wasn't hungry so I ended up with more coconut milk, more crackers and whipped cheese and a DGF Christmas pie with cream.