What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's happening loads. One consistent thing I noticed is if it is long. Short posts done quickly work. Like this one.
I've sent you a PM, it would really be helpful if you could reply there so we can look into it without having to try to find your posts on the issue in this thread.
We're trying to help but it doesn't make sense to do so on this thread.
Can it be you're having trouble finding the PM?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's happening loads. One consistent thing I noticed is if it is long. Short posts done quickly work. Like this one.
I stopped using the forum app after one use, it is waste of time to use.

It takes too long to load, no refresh button (that I could see), crashing etc.

I found the Chrome browser to be better for the forum as it is easier to use, the only problem is the 8:00 am AEST slowdown which due to admins / tech doing their thing. slowing it down to a crawl.

Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 1 egg mashed up in a cup with butter. 1 dgf shortbread finger (yep mine arrived today too @maglil55 ). Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Large mussel, prawn cocktail & salmon salad.

So after placing my order with Thelowcarbco on Friday they eventually got back to me today to say my order is being shipped to be delivered by Royal Mail on a 48 tracking delivery (to be delivered in 2-3 days) - I have not heard from Royal Mail yet to say they have even received it at Peterborough so I won't be holding my breath to getting it before christmas - If I was a gambling man I would bet I receive it next week mouldy! 1st and me thinks last time I will use Thelowcarbco ...

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 20 December – Bed 7.2 FBG 7.4
First proper day of holidays and I slept to 9am. I needed it following issues with my legs/feet since Friday. I'll explain on the other thread afterwards. Spent today finalising my shopping order.
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with coronation chicken.
L. Coconut milk
D. Chicken breast with my pork stuffing mix and wrapped in bacon. Mini cob, asparagus and mushrooms.
Tuesday 21 December – Bed 6.6 FBG 6.9
A day for lots of running about. Physio first. Back for large shop arising then out again for what I hoped was my last scoot about collecting presents. It wasn’t!
B. just TAG as had to get to Physio.
L. Nothing
D. Did a lamb shoulder in the IP with carrot, onion and I nicked a couple of Hubby’s tiny potatoes. Rather tasty.
Unintentional OMAD and got a bit woozy coming back from the parcel collection.
Today, Wednesday 22 December – Bed 5.7 FBG 6 2. Glad to see BGs normalising again. I was planning on going out for last bits and pieces, but I guess I overdid things yesterday as I really didn’t feel good. I got up at 9 a.m., but I was rather aching and a bit nauseous.
B. Very late and after a lot of water. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with coronation chicken and egg mayo.
L. Just lots of water and rest.
D. German mini sausage, 2 slices of ox tongue, slice of ham, and small chicken pieces. Baby beet, santini tomatoes, and mozzarella pearls. I felt better later, so I had a DGF Christmas pie with a few blackberries and cream.
Parcels I wasn’t expecting until January arrived today. There’s about 6 things I need so out early tomorrow, but then it’s tidy and set the table time. Friday will be a lot of prep and turkey brining!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much for the idea of making boeuf bourguignon, @DJC3 !
I just found out I love it. :hungry:

And I made another life changing discovery, cauliflower purée tastes great! Not only as a dish on its own, but it comes so close to mashed potatoes I expect it will work as a substitute in traditional Dutch 'stamppot'. I've been missing the stamppot rauwe andijvie especially.
I don't dare translating andijvie because the google tells me endive is chicory (the white things) but andijvie looks more like a green lettuce.

269938129_10224829241632690_547668681613785730_n.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it! It looks really tasty in your photo and I agree about the cauliflower puree, it’s delicious, nicer than mashed potatoes I think.

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Far too much is the quick answer to the thread title.

Nothing like a train journey to provide an excuse…..

Two small packs of Serious Pig snacking cheese, 3 Hotel Chocolat 85% batons and a bag of mixed nuts on the train.

Hotel Chocolat 85% hot chocolate plus whip on arrival in Brum.

Then a beef ‘gym box’ at German Doner Kebab and 3 more batons for dinner.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two mexican sausages, two egg and cheese omelette, small portion baked beans, mushrooms.
No smoko... again.
Cold chicken legs, and salad for lunch., lemon cordial osmolax mix.
JO fish cakes for supper at six.

Had my Pfizer booster shot yesterday arvo, no problems so far with it. I noticed the medical practise. that I had it done at are making a lot of money doing the shots.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a DGF white chocolate and lemon cookie.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar
Dinner: liver with onions and mushrooms with Brussels and green beans followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

99619F20-6027-42EF-BA44-B0FF59142C30.jpeg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch (out at Toby Carvery) - plenty meat: turkey, gammon & roast beef with cauliflower cheese, brussel sprouts, a little carrot & green beans.

Dinner/5pm - (not that hungry and trying to watch my weight) so packet of cheesies, 1 dgf chocolate cookie

So might still get my delivery from Thelowcarbco tomorrow (fingers & everything else crossed) as I got e-mail from Royal Mail advising it is at Chester and hopefully will reach Edinburgh&me tomorrow. Ordered a small order from SLC this morning ... just in case ... they said it would be delivered tomorrow but I have just had an email from Amazon advising they will deliver next Thursday! and ordered some bargains from dgf which should arrive tomorrow.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunch (out at Toby Carvery) - plenty meat: turkey, gammon & roast beef with cauliflower cheese, brussel sprouts, a little carrot & green beans.

Dinner/5pm - (not that hungry and trying to watch my weight) so packet of cheesies, 1 dgf chocolate cookie

So might still get my delivery from Thelowcarbco tomorrow (fingers & everything else crossed) as I got e-mail from Royal Mail advising it is at Chester and hopefully will reach Edinburgh&me tomorrow. Ordered a small order from SLC this morning ... just in case ... they said it would be delivered tomorrow but I have just had an email from Amazon advising they will deliver next Thursday! and ordered some bargains from dgf which should arrive tomorrow.
I ordered from SLC earlier this week and got it today. I'd ordered 2 bottles of their new LC Prosecco with my bread so it came via parcel force surprisingly quickly.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Visitors already arrived, bearing half a truffle Brie and a whole Yarg, lovely visitors who will be invited again.
B: ff greek, seeds and berries
L: hm lc veg soup and cheese
Wet muddy walk
D. Savoy cabbage carbonara, a keto fitness club recipe, very tasty. Half a small mince pie and 2 lebkuchen hearts. Red wine.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
D. Savoy cabbage carbonara, a keto fitness club recipe, very tasty. Half a small mince pie and 2 lebkuchen hearts. Red wine.
I love lebkuchen!
And I need your savoy carbonara recipe, sounds just like a dish I'll love!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly the lebkuchen aren't lc, but they are small and don't spike me if I'm careful. I'll put the recipe on my cmt

Edit, added, note its 2 portions and generous. We doubled it to feed 5

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy to report both cauliflower purée and boeuf bourguignon do well on heating in the microwave :)

I really should go to bed, having a long day tomorrow bringing my goat to his new home, but I made the mistake of asking for tips on a long drive with a goat in a pet goat group on Facebook.
So now I've been alerted on about a thousand things that will go wrong, good luck with sleeping on that.
I never should have asked!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, it’s very quiet in here today.

Day started with a hotel breakfast of a 3 egg omelette with ham, onions and cheese, with a side of bacon. Optimistically tried a sausage, but stopped after one bite as it clearly wasn’t high meat content.

‘Lunch’ after a 6 mile canal walk in the mist (very atmospheric) which ended at Bournville, was a Hotel Chocolat 85% hot chocolate with whip. It was also free as they decided I didn’t need to pay as they’d kept me waiting.

Dinner was Nando’s. Had a Red reward so ordered a whole chicken and just ate the good bits (legs/wings) plus some Halloumi. Dessert was a keto chocolate cup cake. Ordered 4 of these from a London supplier who used to have a shop close to where I live. It’s mail order only now, with eye watering delivery charges, but there’s a free collection option if you’re in London. I find their cakes less sweet than DGF and picking them up myself guarantees the arrival date! One of the 4 left for tomorrow.

6E84B831-4690-4F5C-B8D7-E610787C6F73.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a DGF lemon and white chocolate cookie
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a PE protein bar.
Dinner: cold roast chicken drumstix, leafy salad, and coleslaw followed by DGF mince pie with home made SF brandy butter and double cream.

8E6FB9B1-AB3C-42C7-9ABB-4791D618BA5E.jpeg