What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
D: pork belly, started off slow in water in oven, then drenched in seasoning and air fired until nearly crisy. Served with buttered leeks, plain sprouts and a tablespoon pickled veg from a jar
sounds delicious!

I wanted to make marmite nuts but I burned them. Nothing left to save either, all yucky and bitter. And those were the last nuts too. :grumpy:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb I am proudly telling myself, "I made a difference!" Trouble is, I have just emptied yet another jar of almond butter, eaten by the tea-spoonful, first one, then couldn't resist another and so on til I was scraping out every last smear. Luckily a newly opened jar needs some energetic churning to mix in the delicious almond oil before the butter can be eaten and I AM NOT GOING TO DO IT, at least for a while. But have I just wrecked your low carb endeavours by encouraging you to allow fiendishly irresistible almond butter into your kitchen?

I’m exactly the same with almond butter! Once opened I have to finish it, it’s seriously addictive. I try not to buy it but it sometimes appears mysteriously in my trolley.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 2 of the DD reset meal plan. No reduction in BG yet, I’m hovering round 7 most of the day which is really quite dispiriting.

B- 3 fried eggs, slice of cheese and sautéed spinach.
L- Keto sheet pan fajitas
D- Baked Keto fish caprese.
All meals were excellent and I highly recommend the recipes.

I did have a DGF cookie after lunch as I was looking after granddaughters and they wanted to bake choc chip cookies. I was very happy to be able to join in the tasting session afterwards with my very own choc chip cookie!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Slow cooked a beef topside joint in the air fryer today. Delicious. Then had some cold cuts for dinner. Still some left for another meal too. @Antje77 your plate is still waiting!

22A3F626-BEA2-44EF-8A66-04AE6101C7E7.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wanted to make marmite nuts but I burned them. Nothing left to save either, all yucky and bitter. And those were the last nuts too.
It's too easy to burn them. Have done it a couple of times. Have to watch them like hawk

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Food Dr protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a PE protein bar
Dinner: gammon steak with Brussels and green beans followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A happy belated new year to you all!

I didn't post over christmas & new year as I decided to have a bit of a break from the extremes of this diet - I was not too bad but not good either - suffice to say ate and drank too much!

Back on track from today ...

Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted and buttered and filled with egg mayo. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - out shopping so had a five guys bunless bacon cheeseburger with a little lettuce, tomato, fried onions and mushroom they served it all in a foil tray @Goonergal with a knife & fork. I thoroughly enjoyed it ... when back home had a dgf chocolate orange brownie heated up with some greek yoghurt over the top - also very nice

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunch: coffee with cream, Full fat Fage with blueberries and walnuts
Early afternoon: one trebor sugar free lemon drop
late afternoon: black coffee
dinner: Barnsley chop, broccoli, portobello mushroom with stilton, sugar free tonic water.
About 2 litres water during the day

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, @Shelly276 and @Rachox
It is the bread, specifically toast that I crave. I have tried making with almond flour and flaxseed, but it gives a rather heavy texture.
Will try your suggestions.
I prefer the slc for toast but lowcarbfoodco for a sandwich (it is the nearest to real bread that I have tried but there seems to be a smell from it when toasting) imo that is but I am a fussy person with food

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Cauliflower purée with boeuf bourguignon. Although I seemed to have scooped mostly vegetables in this particular freezer container. Still tasted lovely though! :)

I have a little left over still, about half a portion of purée and haf a portion of sauce. So what to add to that tomorrow to make a full meal?
A salad makes most sense, but it's very cold in my kitchen so I don't want salad.
Ideas for a quick addition to my meal anyone?

271248554_10224894861713151_2649772797868400922_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Missed a day or whatever, here's yesterdays.

Couple of hard boiled eggs, two slices of vegimite on low carb toast for breakfast.
Cold pork chops, lemon cordial osmolax mix for smoko.
Red Rooster chicken and veggies and gravy for lunch.
Sardines in tomato sauce on toast for supper at six.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cauliflower purée with boeuf bourguignon. Although I seemed to have scooped mostly vegetables in this particular freezer container. Still tasted lovely though! :)

I have a little left over still, about half a portion of purée and haf a portion of sauce. So what to add to that tomorrow to make a full meal?
A salad makes most sense, but it's very cold in my kitchen so I don't want salad.

I would add a portion of fried mushrooms, as I love them and can’t see any in your picture! :hungry:

Edit for typo

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd blitz it altogether, add more liquid (stock, milk, water anything really) heat it and call it soup. Rachox idea of mushrooms would be good too. I use tinned ones in soups

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

271248554_10224894861713151_2649772797868400922_n.jpg
That is calling out for some grated cheese, or / and the mushrooms, perhaps with a low carb pie crust added.

Reactions: DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
All your suggestions make me hungry again!
Good thing there's more of the boeuf in the freezer so I can try them all next time I thaw some!

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
GARNNNN! Ya know youse wanna... :p
No open jar of almond butter since yesterday, so far so good. After breakfast I was smitten by a strong longing for "just a tiny teaspoonful" but it was balanced by an even stronger reluctance to make the effort required. Had the jar been open and the almond butter ready churned, I would have succumbed.

Reactions: DJC3

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast; l/c cereal, almond milk, hi lo toast with butter
snack; mocha
lunch; tuna, tomatoes, cucumber and olives, adonis protein bar
dinner; chicken stirfry with no carb shirataki rice. Raspberries and home made posset (made with sweetner)
a bag of propercorn salted pop corn, montezuma buttons

oo, its cold! Forcast minus 6 by us tomorrow night....