What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.9
Still from stress on Tuesday.

Creative today.
Went disastrously wrong.
Found a sketchbook with every page painted a different colour of left over acrylics from a painting I did about 3 years ago. With a view to doing pastels in it.
Anyway, I tried the inks and spray water, expecting a blurred mess. Nothing happened. I thought the thin layer of acrylic would provide a seal on the paper.
But no, it just absorbed all the pen ink I put on it :(
So I got my pastels out to retrieve it...

And I hid a minute Popeye on this.
You'll go cross eyed if you look for him, and you stand no chance on a tiny phone screen, but I did give him whiskers to give a helping hand to any seeker...EDIT I did put those whiskers on, but no whiskers on this reduced file size :(

I need that coffee. Just had herbal tea, and my tummy is asking for food...

Have the best day you are able.
Hugs for those who need it.

View attachment 52788
I really do love this painting @gennepher. I definitely will need lots more help to see Popeye.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. Was 4.5 last night. Busy day teachIng today. Forgot to schedule in a lunch break today. Mr K very kindly offered to do the early morning dog walk on his own. He got absolutely soaked as it started raining heavily here when he was half way around the park.

I ordered a box of lateral flow tests and two boxes were delivered yesterday.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really do love this painting @gennepher. I definitely will need lots more help to see Popeye.
Thanks @Krystyna23040
I have just realised, that because I save this in jpeg, which is a lossy format (it loses detail when it is posted) that is why it becomes hard to find when it is a tiny detail. Two thirds way up the left side of willow tree trunk you might be able to make out a blurred heart shaped nose...

Reactions: jjraak

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Lots of rain today. Think I will do a cheat's car wash, meaning you just slosh on a lot of car shampoo and the rain does the rest. Chamois leather tomorrow. plus clean the wheels.

FBG 8.8 mmo/lt. Not disheartened. Weight is coming down so something is happening in the absence of booze.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all. Hugs for: @gennepher for the long "tail" of the booster; @SlimLizzy for the stress of arranging travel and the reason for that; @Krystyna23040 for finding it so hard to put herself first but what a guy Mr K is. Thanks for the art/creative @gennepher and @dunelm later I have no doubt. Fbg unknown and day 1 of self-isolation went well. Sport, salmon, Milky's Hallum fries, salad, steps around the paths. Much the same for the next two days with maybe some exercise bike and body weight resistance today. It is wet and the bed I'm using doesn't seem to be as back friendly as my/our own. I have some of those bands and a video for dummies - is 18 months too previous to try them? Derek, crisis, what crisis?

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Lots of rain today. Think I will do a cheat's car wash, meaning you just slosh on a lot of car shampoo and the rain does the rest. Chamois leather tomorrow. plus clean the wheels.

FBG 8.8 mmo/lt. Not disheartened. Weight is coming down so something is happening in the absence of booze.
Love the cheat's car wash idea @True Blue

Reactions: True Blue

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Covid in West Cumbria today
Exceeds 2800 per day per100,000
This gives some idea how much covid is in county.
Thanks Boris.
This is one attempt at an explanation. What any of those factions have to do with levelling up or improving the lot of Joe Public is well beyond my understanding. Doesn't mean they won't help people but as a bird watcher you must be familiar with the idea that if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck it is probably not a Kitty Hawk.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes we call those RAT rapid antigen tests
Thanks. Please, please, please can you organise several hours of rain (heavy) over the SCG all day?. As long as that is well away from anywhere you need to be all will be good:D

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Happy wet Saturday afternoon ladies and gentlemen and all wet water sport fans.
A 5.7 this Morening on that meter…….
Todays theme will be Australian sports, cricket and tennis, firstly cricket or more precisely bat and ball, tip and run and slog and run….it’s so nice the English holiday makers are getting lots of media coverage, good for them. Secondly tennis, so nice to see the Australian prime minister or president or whatever they call him getting involved and upsetting the prima donnas, just put the rule breaking players on a plane back to wherever they came from and start the tournament.

Here in Tilehurst Towers the weather has changed priorities, Mrs J has trimmed my beard and hair, it’s still shoulder length, but thinned out, as I’m well into my third childhood I insist that my hair matches my teenage years.
Stay safe all.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy wet Saturday afternoon ladies and gentlemen and all wet water sport fans.
A 5.7 this Morening on that meter…….
Todays theme will be Australian sports, cricket and tennis, firstly cricket or more precisely bat and ball, tip and run and slog and run….it’s so nice the English holiday makers are getting lots of media coverage, good for them. Secondly tennis, so nice to see the Australian prime minister or president or whatever they call him getting involved and upsetting the prima donnas, just put the rule breaking players on a plane back to wherever they came from and start the tournament.

Here in Tilehurst Towers the weather has changed priorities, Mrs J has trimmed my beard and hair, it’s still shoulder length, but thinned out, as I’m well into my third childhood I insist that my hair matches my teenage years.
Stay safe all.
Hello Alf. Just hearing that the Aussie Govt. health minister wrote last month to Tennis Australia advising that recent testing positive was NOT an exemption to border rules. Should be a short hearing on Monday, with big bill for Tennis Australia.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Alf. Just hearing that the Aussie Govt. health minister wrote last month to Tennis Australia advising that recent testing positive was NOT an exemption to border rules. Should be a short hearing on Monday, with big bill for Tennis Australia.
Does raise some interesting wider questions. My own view is that it is a matter of (common?) courtesy to the other players who have followed the guidelines and to the Australians as hosts. This is an interesting article not least the nugget about the football World Cup.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did read the defence was he tested positive 16 dec.

turns out there is a pic of him unmasked receiving some honour 17 Dec.....mmhh

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yoghurt boy. .:hilarious:
This seems too close for comfort to a few of the over-woke Corbynistas who I hold responsible for Billy Liar and mates:
Jafarieh is a familiar type, the magnetic personality, the handsome and piercing spirit guide who accepts all major credit cards and looks like he might smell of musk and whale-song and concentrated human-power while he stands slightly too close to you in the lift.
Meow but brilliant. Most of us have unfortunately met these types. Usually advisers or management consultants. Never ask them to show you their trophies.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Late on parade, never mind, I thought it was Tuesday by all accounts. Rain - the drizzly type that seeps to your bones and reminds you why you need a haircut and beard trim. Son in law and the girl in the bubble now tested positive. Daughter, Mrs Miggins and I all had dud scratch cards - story of my life. Still I’m pleased that we are not in this lottery win. Can I visit France any time soon - doesn’t seem likely unless the Hun invades again over some trivia and then they will scream for help: https://www.thelocal.fr/20210601/ex...non-eu?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
The eldest of my sisters was taken into hospital this morning over in that place. Chemotherapy. Just have to wait and see.

Anyhow, here is the first try with the new watercolour paper - but using inks. Have a great afternoon. I have had sufficient koffy so as it’s mid afternoon on a Sunday, I shall sample some grape juice.

upload_2022-1-8_14-21-38.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Late on parade, never mind, I thought it was Tuesday by all accounts. Rain - the drizzly type that seeps to your bones and reminds you why you need a haircut and beard trim. Son in law and the girl in the bubble now tested positive. Daughter, Mrs Miggins and I all had dud scratch cards - story of my life. Still I’m pleased that we are not in this lottery win. Can I visit France any time soon - doesn’t seem likely unless the Hun invades again over some trivia and then they will scream for help: https://www.thelocal.fr/20210601/ex...non-eu?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
The eldest of my sisters was taken into hospital this morning over in that place. Chemotherapy. Just have to wait and see.

Anyhow, here is the first try with the new watercolour paper - but using inks. Have a great afternoon. I have had sufficient koffy so as it’s mid afternoon on a Sunday, I shall sample some grape juice.

View attachment 52791
Thank you for the art. I hope your sister's chemo works and can see why that worry would make guess the day a problem. No wine for me but Quins V Exeter is next on my to do list.

lindisfel

Expert
After this depression I have had for two months with difficulty sleeping I now go to sleep after meals and cheerfully go to sleep in a chair. I lost so much sleep I hope this phase lifts. I don't like losing an hour after every meal.
Derek