What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and Neanderthals
A calculation causing 4.6 this morning grrrrrr
Today is another unknown apart from wrapping up well when out on my daily wander, when indoors drinking koffy and plinky plonky, whoops almost forgot to say and getting under Mrs J’s feet. Such is the life of a retired old flatulent……
Have a great day all and stay safe.

Reactions: karen8967

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.10am FBG 6.2
Weight 48.1 kg a slight gain, now heading in the right direction.
First official French lesson this morning, shared with friends, bit nervous about esposing how bad my French really is.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 8.9

Creative today...
Inks and water spray...
I did want to draw a man from the 1950's, a forester warden I once knew, on the other side of the fence (where his headstone now is), but my practises were rubbish, so you will have to see him as the ghostly person he now is...he will appear...he had a ginger cat...
Also, find the Popeye...

0436D1AE-6B96-46CE-B62F-DDBEDEF7594F.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 8.9

Creative today...
Inks and water spray...
I did want to draw a man from the 1950's, a forester warden I once knew, on the other side of the fence (where his headstone now is), but my practises were rubbish, so you will have to see him as the ghostly person he now is...he will appear...he had a ginger cat...
Also, find the Popeye...

View attachment 52778
Smashing. Love the forester warden and Popeye peering out of the tree.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Mr K had an early dentist appointment. Was so pleased he took his car and not his Triumph Bonneville as it is a 10 mile drive down some really windy country lanes to his dentist.

Dog walk was really early and again was quite chilly.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, a late start this morning in the dark and dangerous north
Big pot of Jewish penicillin made yesterday - loads left for today

A quick nip into town and a wander - back and leg deciding to play it cool after a cosh with some tramadol. Hopefully the same today. Mrs Miggins has gone to pick up the girl in the bubble and drop off some newborn sized clothes to one of her sisters whose daughter in law is now the proud owner of a very small but noisy and smelly centre of the universe chap. She will pick me up later and then we are having a lunch catch up with eldest granddaughter.

Last bit of art in this current A5 sketchbook (160g cartridge paper). The next one that I dug out is 230g watercolour paper so will be interesting to see if there is any difference with wet ink painting. Still not unpacked my rice paper yet. Have a great day if you can. My koffy mug needs a refill.

upload_2022-1-7_10-11-17.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Mr K had an early dentist appointment. Was so pleased he took his car and not his Triumph Bonneville as it is a 10 mile drive down some really windy country lanes to his dentist.

Dog walk was really early and again was quite chilly.
Triumph Bonneville, 10 miles of winding country roads, nice sunny day - oh what a missed opportunity.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, a late start this morning in the dark and dangerous north
Big pot of Jewish penicillin made yesterday - loads left for today

A quick nip into town and a wander - back and leg deciding to play it cool after a cosh with some tramadol. Hopefully the same today. Mrs Miggins has gone to pick up the girl in the bubble and drop off some newborn sized clothes to one of her sisters whose daughter in law is now the proud owner of a very small but noisy and smelly centre of the universe chap. She will pick me up later and then we are having a lunch catch up with eldest granddaughter.

Last bit of art in this current A5 sketchbook (160g cartridge paper). The next one that I dug out is 230g watercolour paper so will be interesting to see if there is any difference with wet ink painting. Still not unpacked my rice paper yet. Have a great day if you can. My koffy mug needs a refill.

View attachment 52779

Interesting great effects on the 160g cartridge paper.
I look forward to the 230g paper @dunelm

Enjoy your coffee...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. No Swipey till Tuesday. Not the same resonance as no sleep 'til Hammersmith but maybe safer as per Mr K eschewing the Bonneville eh @Krystyna23040. Motorhead were absolutely not to my taste. Goodness knows what an hour or so with @dunelm and @alf_Josiah may talk him into and do to your stress levels:nailbiting:. I am self isolating until Monday when Addenbrookes Urology wish to take moving images of my bladder (assuming the whatsit the Dr took is hunky dory) - don't dwell on how that happens:bigtears: Thanks for the art @gennepher - I couldn't say with confidence that I espied either Popeye or Forester. @dunelm thank you also for the art, enjoy the meal with granddaughter and congratulations to the proud grandma and parents. @SlimLizzy well done on the slight weight gain, your French lesson will be a triumph, darling, a triumph. Salmon salad day today maybe even Milky's Hallum fries so food much to my taste thank you very much. New stick blender combines whey protein with Nespresso a dream.:woot: Exercise snacking/law of small numbers for me until surgeon deals with shonky spine but marginal gains are still gains. PCR came back negative so LFT Sunday to be sure. Every day is one closer to the end of the Johnsonian Nightmare:joyful:

Last edited:
Reactions: True Blue

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. No Swipey till Tuesday. Not the same resonance as no sleep 'til Hammersmith but maybe safer as per Mr K eschewing the Bonneville eh @Krystyna23040. Motorhead were absolutely not to my taste. Goodness knows what an hour or so with @dunelm and @alf_Josiah may talk him into and do to your stress levels:nailbiting:. I am self isolating until Monday when Addenbrookes Urology wish to take moving images of my bladder (assuming the whatsit the Dr took is hunky dory) - don't dwell on how that happens:bigtears: Thanks for the art @gennepher - I couldn't say with confidence that I espied either Popeye or Forester. @dunelm than you also for the art, enjoy the meal with granddaughter and congratulations to the proud grandma and parents. @SlimLizzy well done on the slight weight gain, your French lesson will be a triumph, darling, a triumph. Salmon salad day today maybe even Milky's Hallum fries so food very much to my taste thank you very much. New stick blender combines whey protein with Nespresso a dream. Exercise snacking/law of small numbers for me until surgeon deals with shonky spine but marginal gains are still gains. PCR came back negative so LFT Sunday to be sure. Every day is one closer to the end of the Johnsonian Nightmare:joyful:
@ianpspurs Mr K has definitely got more cautious as the years have gone by. Thank goodness he has because I do get stressed when he rides his motorbike.
Hope all goes well at Addenbrookes on Monday.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Mr K has definitely got more cautious as the years have gone by. Thank goodness he has because I do get stressed when he rides his motorbike.
Hope all goes well at Addenbrookes on Monday.
Thanks. No isolation last year as at Nuffield (private). The weekend is as perfect as possible, lots of sport with Sky and BT available in 4 rooms. Yes I'm blessed by God - some would credit a different source, fair enough - I can't deny that. I'm unsure about the COVID safety in Addenbrookes and pray heartily they still have plenty of anaesthetic gel:bigtears:

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you!
Look directly above the sun @Krystyna23040 in the tree, enlarge a bit if you are on a phone screen, and you should see his face...
Thank you from me also. This article seemed to connect some dots for me. Yourself, @dunelm and when present again Muddy C represent the art strand splendidly. I can relate better to poetry and music than painting, film, pottery, ballet, opera, sculpture or most architecture but that's my weakness. Literature takes more work for me - I have "trust issues" with some explanations of "hidden meanings". Science always seems to be "up itself" to me but Williams makes good points so all the many @alf_Josiah s may have some valid points after all:banghead: (only some fellas, only some:angelic:) The whole thing was better summed up for me in this poem. Interesting day here. Epiphany, the feast was yesterday, but it is Epiphany season so maybe I'm now "travelling on" reflecting on "events." I note he avoids referring to Modern Herod's:angelic:

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hi everyone. No Swipey till Tuesday. Not the same resonance as no sleep 'til Hammersmith but maybe safer as per Mr K eschewing the Bonneville eh @Krystyna23040. Motorhead were absolutely not to my taste. Goodness knows what an hour or so with @dunelm and @alf_Josiah may talk him into and do to your stress levels:nailbiting:.
Motörhead!! Have you lost your marbles totally? Much better music around, then and now in me and me’s opinion. Try, yes try listening to a Mongolian band called The Hu. Also a couple of guys called I think The 2 Cellos. As for riding motorcycles in poor road conditions, only if it is a last resort.
In another of your postings you mention science, science and its language maths make everyday life possible including your upcoming hospital procedure about which me and me’s wish you well.
I shall not mention beliefs each is entitled to their own.
Now if you don’t mind, object I shall attempt to commune with the afternoon nap entity.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Motörhead!! Have you lost your marbles totally? Much better music around, then and now in me and me’s opinion. Try, yes try listening to a Mongolian band called The Hu. Also a couple of guys called I think The 2 Cellos. As for riding motorcycles in poor road conditions, only if it is a last resort.
In another of your postings you mention science, science and its language maths make everyday life possible including your upcoming hospital procedure about which me and me’s wish you well.
I shall not mention beliefs each is entitled to their own.
Now if you don’t mind, object I shall attempt to commune with the afternoon nap entity.
Dear Alfred
When you wake up - in any sense you wish to take that:angelic:- you will see I said Motorthead weren't to my taste. C'mon, who ever bought the Yes hype? Science? Manipulates the means of fathoming what God created - which he kindly built in and gently guides them, childlike (bless), towards. Unfortunately, instead of humbly acknowledging His gift many worshippers of Science (it is a sphere of knowledge not a thing) become all puffed up and self importantly attempt to claim they have discovered and "explained everything" about the universe. Shame about their track record on the sustainability of this part, eh? Please don't ever ask them to use their own "rules"to explain how we came to be - that is considered just "too picky - let's change the subject." Notably useless for explaining love and hope. Do "Scientists have those? other humans seem to and feel their lives are the better for them. Gotta love "the bantz" Next please:angelic:

Last edited: