What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings to all. My fbg is a known unknown which is actually very relaxing - stating the bleep obvious. Mackerel salad for my main meal yesterday. Quick maths tells me that happens at least 280 days a year and isn't likely to change. @Jojo85 Sydney can now enjoy glorious weather:angelic: @gennepher thank you for the creative. I like this very much - from memory as much as any you have shared. Really low energy day for me yesterday but various devices are mainly in good places. I don't think I need to be 74.5 kgs (>kg too heavy for my liking) (11 S 10.4 ) but I am certain I need lean muscle and LCHF won't do that. Sirloin steak today - its isn't salmon or even buffalo but it was clogging up a freezer and has some protein. Have a safe, enjoyable day. Cricket, rugby, football and NFL with some movement and "physical jerks" here.
Thank you @ianpspurs
I enjoyed doing it, I made it up as I went along!
Have a good day!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a most splendid sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north. We seem to be in a sample box of weather types so wonder what comes next - hope it’s not those golden discs of toffee left at the bottom of the tin (now made out of plastic). Stuffed cabbage last night - bit left of field but tasted pretty good. Now I need to find something to do with the rest of the cabbage. Indian fried cabbage probably with a low carb curry. Mrs Miggins is already up and about - filling the washing machine - we might be having fresh bedding today - luxury.

More layered in spray - again! Hope everyone has a pleasant day, must be time for a koffy.

View attachment 52809
Love this layered in spray @dunelm
It is very effective.
I really like it.

Enjoy your cabbage...
And fresh bedding - now that is luxury!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Afternoon all, big drat didn’t wake up till till gone 9:00am, my day lies in tatters, drat, drat and drat again.
Bloods were 7.0 after a really nice, but naughty dinner last night.
Sorry no time to catch up on posts..
Be good, if you can’t be good be careful and stay safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for sharing your art. Stuffed cabbage and Indian fried cabbage? Piqued my interest until Mr Daltrey sung up. We each have our own tastes and whilst it doesn't do to ossify, humbly accepting what nature and nurture have conspired to produce is the place I'm beginning to feel comfortable. Enjoy your day and the clean bedding - GSM is the new metric, thread count is so last century but plain white, always plain white. I daren't tell JKP about thread count so keep it on the q.t. please.
Thank you @ianpspurs - and for the info on thread count et al. Best bait Mrs Miggins into getting out the magnifying glass from that little drawer in the top of the compact OED.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No FBG
No real point, T2D busting food really popping holes in any worthwhile results

Does seem from what I have observed only a score of 10 has any real noteworthy merit.

So yes, still in hospital 7th day of what I expected to be a very short stay , so not prepared

Hoosital too far from home to be dragging people, and the real uncertainty that while they were on route, I'd be in way home

So, no visitors, and not enough distractions which has made the boredom a serious health risk ;)
Doing ok, otherwise.

No one's mentioned any growing infection so I guess antibiotics are controlling the current spread well..< pray >

Pain relief is a bit more ad hoc.
4-6 hours but only if I ask, I now find out

So the idea I keep the pain waves low by dosing up every few hours , as I was at home, now slips to me being in pain...
(broken hand/broken shoulder/broken leg,
All muscling in on the action )

And then asking hard pressed nurses, who then relay message to others equally hard pressed.

So my meds regime, from a more then manageable every 4 to 6 hours, has gone to every 6-9 hours as and when someone is available.

I try my best but frustration creeps in.

Got to the stage I try to breathe through the pain, sort of works, but then find myself overtaken by the effort and drop off to sleep , woken up to pain line that has been steadily building for several hours, only to run into the "someone will be with you shortly"

Reading back I do seem ungrateful, I truly am not, just frustrated a simple solution seems so difficult to amend.

And truly grounded, as fella opposite is in a far worse state then me.

And is a constant reminder of just how fortunate I am.

On a plus note for my tale of misery.

I give you .
"Hospital horses"
Yes, that is me in background .

Safe day, all :)

IMG_20220108_231826_1.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hug for depression and lack of sleep in the preceding 2 months. It is winter, omicron is surging and you have sleep to catch up on. Embrace it because the post meal sleep seems like a perfect way to deal with those issues.

Have to say I agree fully there ..

As annoying as it is to lose time, nature's natural healer us very underrated, imho

And the sleepy pleasure of a sneaky nap after dinner, in front of fire. :happy:

Best regards @lindisfel .

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late on parade, never mind, I thought it was Tuesday by all accounts. Rain - the drizzly type that seeps to your bones and reminds you why you need a haircut and beard trim. Son in law and the girl in the bubble now tested positive. Daughter, Mrs Miggins and I all had dud scratch cards - story of my life. Still I’m pleased that we are not in this lottery win. Can I visit France any time soon - doesn’t seem likely unless the Hun invades again over some trivia and then they will scream for help: https://www.thelocal.fr/20210601/ex...non-eu?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
The eldest of my sisters was taken into hospital this morning over in that place. Chemotherapy. Just have to wait and see.

Anyhow, here is the first try with the new watercolour paper - but using inks. Have a great afternoon. I have had sufficient koffy so as it’s mid afternoon on a Sunday, I shall sample some grape juice.

View attachment 52791

Best wishes it's mild for GIB, & SiL

Prayers for sisters chemo

Well remember even those many years ago, how sister's trips to Marsden washed her out for days after .
Hope she gets the treatment that has the most impact to get her back to good health :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No FBG

Does seem from what I have observed only a score of 10 has any real noteworthy merit.

So yes, still in hospital 7th day of what I expected to be a very short stay , so not prepared

Hoosital too far from home to be dragging people, and the real uncertainty that while they were on route, I'd be in way home

So, no visitors, and not enough distractions which has made the boredom a serious health risk ;)
Doing ok, otherwise.

No one's mentioned any growing infection so I guess antibiotics are controlling the current spread well..< pray >

So the idea I keep the pain waves low by dosing up every few hours , as I was at home, now slips to me being in pain...

And then asking hard pressed nurses, who then relay message to others equally hard pressed.

So my meds regime, from a more then manageable every 4 to 6 hours, has gone to every 6-9 hours as and when someone is available.

Got to the stage I try to breathe through the pain, sort of works, but then find myself overtaken by the effort and drop off to sleep , woken up to pain line that has been steadily building for several hours, only to run into the "someone will be with you shortly"

Reading back I do seem ungrateful, I truly am not, just frustrated a simple solution seems so difficult to amend.

I give you .
"Hospital horses"

View attachment 52811
Hug for the pain. Very praiseworthy to see "the others" as in more pain but probably overall not in anyone's interests. Can't see how your pain will help any of you mend faster. Amazing how much faster people heal when pain free and sleeping well. Should free up beds more efficiently, surely, Can they not set up one of those drip/on tap but regulated pain relief systems? Hope and pray you are back home as soon as possible.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No FBG

Doing ok, otherwise.

I give you .
"Hospital horses"

View attachment 52811
No you are not being ungrateful @jjraak
I get everything you say.
Been there in the past with the pain meds situation in hospital.
I really feel for you.
It is too long between pain meds.
Hugs and prayers for you.
Here is a candle from my candle app.
The flame actually flickers on my iPad, but I can only take a screenshot of it flickering.
I have put it in a folder with a little prayer for you.
Here is your candle...
F6C2CB97-A83C-442E-B11C-EC4FC6FA7088.jpeg

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy the walk. How far is that and will you eat there? I've forgotten the name of that gorgeous looking pub/restaurant - Victoria Inn?- but I know you like it. Please at least treat Mr K to either a sausage roll or quality single malt.:angelic:
@ianpspurs Holkham beach is about 25 miles from us. The walk along the beach and then back through the pine woods was really lovely.
We decided to have coffee in The Lookout as it was right on the beach. The coffee was truly horrible - made worse because they only had skimmed milk. Mr K said that the sausage roll was nothing special. We decided that we will never stop for coffee at The Lookout again. Definitely not a patch on the Victoria Inn which is also run by the Holkham Estate.

Reactions: True Blue

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs Holkham beach is about 25 miles from us. The walk along the beach and then back through the pine woods was really lovely.
We decided to have coffee in The Lookout as it was right on the beach. The coffee was truly horrible - made worse because they only had skimmed milk. Mr K said that the sausage roll was nothing special. We decided that we will never stop for coffee at The Lookout again. Definitely not a patch on the Victoria Inn which is also run by the Holkham Estate.
Sounds like a good walk spoiled by poor coffee.

At least You have a plan for next time.:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hug for the pain. Very praiseworthy to see "the others" as in more pain but probably overall not in anyone's interests. Can't see how your pain will help any of you mend faster. Amazing how much faster people heal when pain free and sleeping well. Should free up beds more efficiently, surely, Can they not set up one of those drip/on tap but regulated pain relief systems? Hope and pray you are back home as soon as possible.

More for the " helping others in more need,
With the limited staffing resources.

But yeah, not of benefit personally, just rationalising the reality in the ground.

As for regulated @gennepher @ianpspurs

Had all the morphine set up on original accident, much needed .
Where it was pretty clear I wasn't going anywhere for a while.

This has been more a "here just one more day" experience, hence nothing seemingly set in place

Good news is Monday or Tuesday evac home IS looking very much in the cards < pray >:happy:

lindisfel

Expert
There are 110 snow buntings today in the roped off area of beach near the gap.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

But yeah, not of benefit personally, just rationalising the reality in the ground.

This has been more a "here just one more day" experience, hence nothing seemingly set in place

Good news is Monday or Tuesday evac home IS looking very much in the cards < pray >:happy:
@jjraak really good news that you are highly likely to be going home either tomorrow or Tuesday.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Not a good experience at the best of times and do hope that you are decanted back home today where you can have more control over pain relief. Don’t forget to have them prescribe on discharge. Is there a pharmacy that can issue before heading home? I can thoroughly recommend 2 x 10mg amitriptyline taken a couple of hours before bed time but whatever they decide upon, I hope it works for you.