What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
After this depression I have had for two months with difficulty sleeping I now go to sleep after meals and cheerfully go to sleep in a chair. I lost so much sleep I hope this phase lifts. I don't like losing an hour after every meal.
Derek
Hug for depression and lack of sleep in the preceding 2 months. It is winter, omicron is surging and you have sleep to catch up on. Embrace it because the post meal sleep seems like a perfect way to deal with those issues.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
After this depression I have had for two months with difficulty sleeping I now go to sleep after meals and cheerfully go to sleep in a chair. I lost so much sleep I hope this phase lifts. I don't like losing an hour after every meal.
Derek
A kip after a meal - if it works, take it for now.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another smashing piece of “find the Popeye” - not sure about this one but perhaps in a bend in the right hand tree trunk.
Thank you @dunelm

I learnt something today. I cannot do a hidden image of Popeye this small, because the lossy effect of jpeg degrades it so much that even I cannot find it, but in my iPad camera folder, it is actually perfect in every detail including whiskers.

Two thirds way up the left side of the willow tree trunk you might be able to make out a blurred heart shaped nose...

I need to figure out how small I can go with his face, without losing it when I post it on here.

But, it is not until I post on here, that I can see how much it degrades.

I will do better next time!

Just a thumbnail of head outlined.
Yet on my iPad the detail is very clear.
39AA7AEF-72BC-42BC-BD1B-91534F995959.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Derek
I understand @lindisfel
I feel the same way, I don't like losing time for sleep during the day.

But these are strange times in every way. If you need that sleep, then you need it.
So, take that sleep when your body tells you.

My orders!!!

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late on parade, never mind, I thought it was Tuesday by all accounts. Rain - the drizzly type that seeps to your bones and reminds you why you need a haircut and beard trim. Son in law and the girl in the bubble now tested positive. Daughter, Mrs Miggins and I all had dud scratch cards - story of my life. Still I’m pleased that we are not in this lottery win. Can I visit France any time soon - doesn’t seem likely unless the Hun invades again over some trivia and then they will scream for help: https://www.thelocal.fr/20210601/ex...non-eu?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
The eldest of my sisters was taken into hospital this morning over in that place. Chemotherapy. Just have to wait and see.

Anyhow, here is the first try with the new watercolour paper - but using inks. Have a great afternoon. I have had sufficient koffy so as it’s mid afternoon on a Sunday, I shall sample some grape juice.

View attachment 52791

Hugs for everyone, and all the things going on @dunelm
And more for your eldest sister x

Love these ink effects...and the landscape and people within.

Jojo85

Good morning,

Fbg at 6am 5.5
Off for my daily walk. I love walking early in summer
Having hamburgers on the bbq for lunch at the in laws today so I'll be bringing my own low carb buns lol things we got to do
Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Happy wet Saturday afternoon ladies and gentlemen and all wet water sport fans.
A 5.7 this Morening on that meter…….
Todays theme will be Australian sports, cricket and tennis, firstly cricket or more precisely bat and ball, tip and run and slog and run….it’s so nice the English holiday makers are getting lots of media coverage, good for them. Secondly tennis, so nice to see the Australian prime minister or president or whatever they call him getting involved and upsetting the prima donnas, just put the rule breaking players on a plane back to wherever they came from and start the tournament.

Here in Tilehurst Towers the weather has changed priorities, Mrs J has trimmed my beard and hair, it’s still shoulder length, but thinned out, as I’m well into my third childhood I insist that my hair matches my teenage years.
Stay safe all.
Just need to listen to you Alf, you know the news before it comes on.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Krystyna23040
I have just realised, that because I save this in jpeg, which is a lossy format (it loses detail when it is posted) that is why it becomes hard to find when it is a tiny detail. Two thirds way up the left side of willow tree trunk you might be able to make out a blurred heart shaped nose...
Thank you @gennepher. I think I can see Popeye's nose now.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Big curry and 45g of basmati last night, so escaped with an FBG of 8.9 mmo/lt at 0700. My morning FBG (12 hour fast) is usually higher than my midday readings, so am thinking about switching the timing. I only eat about 10g of carbs at breakfast.

Car polish. Sunday walk (seal and fish shoal spotted recently from the shore). Have a great day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.9

Creative today...
Another sheet of paper in my sketchbook with a wash of different coloured acrylics.
The paper soaked up the ink from my fude pens. Just absorbed and absorbed it. This is a waste of my good fude pens.
I did some pastels on it with my pastel pencils.

Tomorrow I will find some cheap black pens to do the drawing with first.

Might do a few days of this black outline and coloured pastel pencils...

Take care.
Hugs if you need them.

6D53A65E-FA2E-40FA-97B7-59254BF1EAF4.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings to all. My fbg is a known unknown which is actually very relaxing - stating the bleep obvious. Mackerel salad for my main meal yesterday. Quick maths tells me that happens at least 280 days a year and isn't likely to change. @Jojo85 Sydney can now enjoy glorious weather:angelic: @gennepher thank you for the creative. I like this very much - from memory as much as any you have shared. Really low energy day for me yesterday but various devices are mainly in good places. I don't think I need to be 74.5 kgs (>kg too heavy for my liking) (11 S 10.4 ) but I am certain I need lean muscle and LCHF won't do that. Sirloin steak today - its isn't salmon or even buffalo but it was clogging up a freezer and has some protein. Have a safe, enjoyable day. Cricket, rugby, football and NFL with some movement and "physical jerks" here.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Off to Holkham to walk along the beach this morning.
Enjoy the walk. How far is that and will you eat there? I've forgotten the name of that gorgeous looking pub/restaurant - Victoria Inn?- but I know you like it. Please at least treat Mr K to either a sausage roll or quality single malt.:angelic:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.9

Creative today...
Another sheet of paper in my sketchbook with a wash of different coloured acrylics.
The paper soaked up the ink from my fude pens. Just absorbed and absorbed it. This is a waste of my good fude pens.
I did some pastels on it with my pastel pencils.

Tomorrow I will find some cheap black pens to do the drawing with first.

Might do a few days of this black outline and coloured pastel pencils...

Take care.
Hugs if you need them.

View attachment 52805
Beautiful stand of birch trees. I like this winter colour scheme.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a most splendid sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north. We seem to be in a sample box of weather types so wonder what comes next - hope it’s not those golden discs of toffee left at the bottom of the tin (now made out of plastic). Stuffed cabbage last night - bit left of field but tasted pretty good. Now I need to find something to do with the rest of the cabbage. Indian fried cabbage probably with a low carb curry. Mrs Miggins is already up and about - filling the washing machine - we might be having fresh bedding today - luxury.

More layered in spray - again! Hope everyone has a pleasant day, must be time for a koffy.

upload_2022-1-9_9-48-38.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a most splendid sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north. We seem to be in a sample box of weather types so wonder what comes next - hope it’s not those golden discs of toffee left at the bottom of the tin (now made out of plastic). Stuffed cabbage last night - bit left of field but tasted pretty good. Now I need to find something to do with the rest of the cabbage. Indian fried cabbage probably with a low carb curry. Mrs Miggins is already up and about - filling the washing machine - we might be having fresh bedding today - luxury.

More layered in spray - again! Hope everyone has a pleasant day, must be time for a koffy.

View attachment 52809
Thank you for sharing your art. Stuffed cabbage and Indian fried cabbage? Piqued my interest until Mr Daltrey sung up. We each have our own tastes and whilst it doesn't do to ossify, humbly accepting what nature and nurture have conspired to produce is the place I'm beginning to feel comfortable. Enjoy your day and the clean bedding - GSM is the new metric, thread count is so last century but plain white, always plain white. I daren't tell JKP about thread count so keep it on the q.t. please.