What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on the morning after a night of up, down, up, down - clock watching - oh how we roll!
A splendid day of not much to report yesterday but did have a good video chat with my mother and a couple of phone call catch-ups. Not as good as meeting in person but it all helps. Grandson, Mr Pickle and team move into league semi-finals after yesterdays 5-2 win. Happy chappy scored one of the goals and facilitated two more (whatever the name of that is in ball kicking games).
Hope that everyone has a better day today than they did yesterday - aches, pains, boredom, hospital horses, uninspired sausage rolls and worst of all, bad koffy. Talking of which, best get the kettle on.

upload_2022-1-10_6-22-5.jpeg

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

FBG still stuck at 8.6 mmo/lt at 0630. Clearing down from 11 months on the razz is taking its time.

Weather looks to be calm, so plan to place volunteer organisation flyers through local letterboxes. Two hazards. 1. Dogs 2. Letterbox. Both can give fingers a nasty nip. Sympathy for posties everywhere.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on the morning after a night of up, down, up, down - clock watching - oh how we roll!
A splendid day of not much to report yesterday but did have a good video chat with my mother and a couple of phone call catch-ups. Not as good as meeting in person but it all helps. Grandson, Mr Pickle and team move into league semi-finals after yesterdays 5-2 win. Happy chappy scored one of the goals and facilitated two more (whatever the name of that is in ball kicking games).
Hope that everyone has a better day today than they did yesterday - aches, pains, boredom, hospital horses, uninspired sausage rolls and worst of all, bad koffy. Talking of which, best get the kettle on.

View attachment 52820
I love this painting, and the way you have utilised the fern like bleed from the lines into mountain trees @dunelm
And love the figures...
Have a good day as possible...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg not taken this morning, because my body woke up at one minute to midnight, saying hey wake up, you need to paint...

I refused to move out of my bed for half hour, but it was abundantly clear my body did not want sleep. I wasn't in pain or worried about anything. So I have been awake since midnight....got loads done, painting, tidying up, some clearing out, throwing some stuff away, and more. Probably done a day's work. Not tired, but at the slightest yawn I will shut my eyes and see if the sandman comes...

In my sketchbook with the acrylic painted pages, I chose this blue, used a sharpie pen, and drew the tree and fence. And used my pastel pencils. I was going to draw brown oak leaves on the tree, because my oak trees still have their brown leaves on, but I drew the waxing moon instead, and thought it would look more effective without leaves.

Have the best day you are able.
Hugs from the unlimited basket of hugs if you need them...

BC947A1D-5207-48AF-AFA6-29F764407B7E.jpeg

Jojo85

Fbg not taken this morning, because my body woke up at one minute to midnight, saying hey wake up, you need to paint...

I refused to move out of my bed for half hour, but it was abundantly clear my body did not want sleep. I wasn't in pain or worried about anything. So I have been awake since midnight....got loads done, painting, tidying up, some clearing out, throwing some stuff away, and more. Probably done a day's work. Not tired, but at the slightest yawn I will shut my eyes and see if the sandman comes...

In my sketchbook with the acrylic painted pages, I chose this blue, used a sharpie pen, and drew the tree and fence. And used my pastel pencils. I was going to draw brown oak leaves on the tree, because my oak trees still have their brown leaves on, but I drew the waxing moon instead, and thought it would look more effective without leaves.

View attachment 52823
That's such a beautiful painting!!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 52823
Lovely artwork @gennepher. I spotted Popeye straight away.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Off to Norwich at 9am. Have planned my day perfectly with two breaks. For the second break I will go to the pub across the road for my dinner and lots of really good coffee and then back for my evening classes.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Odd ingredients in today's Can’t make sense Won’t make sense bag (entirely predictable). It is on Dave later today. Amongst other odds and …. the are the following: Here we have no abiding home (city actually) ; did God leave things to a crazy, mixed up intern when he made Winter?; Psalm 52 - but never too late for you guys Trump, Bolsonaro, Erdoğan, Johnson? and co; Mark Carney - fond of saying the kindness (heroism actually) of strangers - perfect for me today. No idea what to do with those ingredients which is a perfect metaphor for LC, Swipey friendly hot food on cold days. I simply don't think they are compatible with my tastes. You can't put lipstick on a pig. If you need hugs I’ve an endless supply; if you are in a celebratory mood I’ve mucho bubbly, help yourself; if you’re somewhere in between I’d say that’s homeostasis. If you’re fully confident you’ve solved life’s riddle, especially The D, here’s a song for ya - lyrics ‘n all Genn. @dunelm hug for restless night, thanks for the art and it is called an assist. @gennepher thanks for the creative and I too found Popeye easy to spot today. @Krystyna23040 did you walk the whole 25 miles x 2 yesterday? and, yes, the Ps (sorry, 1 "salty" word ) work well. I can’t stress just how much I don’t need hugs. I have faith, JKP , Assam tea (leaves obs) and probably Starbuck’s later I’m very, very good to go thanks. Stay safe.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
A 5.1 on that meter of…….
Busy old morning here in Tilehurst Towers so far, plinky plonky done, a lateral flow test done clear thankfully, tea drunk, koffy on the go, slurp ahhh, alendronic acid which entails sitting upright for 30 minutes taken best combined with plinky plonky practice and lastly breakfast cooked and consumed.
Now me and me’s day can start, but climbing back into bed seems favourite nite night.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings one and all. Inevitably odd ingredients today's Can’t make sense Won’t make sense. It is on Dave later today. Amongst other odds and …. the are the following: Here we have no abiding home (city actually) ; did God leave things to a crazy, mixed up intern when he made Winter?; Psalm 52 - never too late for you guys Trump, Johnson, Bolsonaro, Erdoğan and co; Mark Carney - fond of saying the kindness of strangers - perfect fit today. No idea what to do with that which is a perfect metaphor for what I’ve learned about managing T2 and my memory of hot food on cold days. If you need hugs I’ve an endless supply; if you are in a celebratory mood I’ve mucho bubbly, help yourself; if you’re somewhere in between I’d say that’s homeostasis. If you’re fully confident you’ve solved life’s riddle, especially The D, here’s a song for ya - lyrics ‘n all Genn. @dunelm hug for restless night, thanks for the art and it is called an assist. @gennepher thanks for the creative and I too found Popeye easy to spot today. @Krystyna23040 did you walk the whole 25 miles x 2 yesterday? and, yes, the Ps (sorry, 1 "salty" word ) work well. I can’t stress just how much I don’t want hugs. I have faith, JKP and Assam tea probably Starbuck’s later I’m very, very good to go thanks. Stay safe.
Thanks for the creative compliment, and for the lyrics @ianpspurs
:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Candid camera all good thanks be to God, the original surgeon, follow up chemo and the care of those NHS heroes at Addenbrookes, Cambridge. Next scheduled one 12 months time which will be 4 of, hopefully, 5. Never great but very clear cut, immediate results I trust so far better than managing T2 by diet. JKP wanted to look in M and S food. Far more stressful for me than the procedure if I'm honest but she is the missing part of me that God knew I needed and if today isn't cause for celebration nothing will be.:woot::woot:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I love this painting, and the way you have utilised the fern like bleed from the lines into mountain trees @dunelm
And love the figures...
Have a good day as possible...
Many thanks @gennepher. I am getting inspiration from the prints and drawings of Hokusai.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 52823
Great use of available waking time and a splendid piece of art. The waxing moon works really well and nice to see Popeye in his new job as a Cheshire Cat.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. Odd ingredients in today's Can’t make sense Won’t make sense bag (entirely predictable). It is on Dave later today. Amongst other odds and …. the are the following: Here we have no abiding home (city actually) ; did God leave things to a crazy, mixed up intern when he made Winter?; Psalm 52 - but never too late for you guys Trump, Bolsonaro, Erdoğan, Johnson? and co; Mark Carney - fond of saying the kindness (heroism actually) of strangers - perfect for me today. No idea what to do with those ingredients which is a perfect metaphor for LC, Swipey friendly hot food on cold days. I simply don't think they are compatible with my tastes. You can't out lipstick on a pig. If you need hugs I’ve an endless supply; if you are in a celebratory mood I’ve mucho bubbly, help yourself; if you’re somewhere in between I’d say that’s homeostasis. If you’re fully confident you’ve solved life’s riddle, especially The D, here’s a song for ya - lyrics ‘n all Genn. @dunelm hug for restless night, thanks for the art and it is called an assist. @gennepher thanks for the creative and I too found Popeye easy to spot today. @Krystyna23040 did you walk the whole 25 miles x 2 yesterday? and, yes, the Ps (sorry, 1 "salty" word ) work well. I can’t stress just how much I don’t need hugs. I have faith, JKP , Assam tea (leaves obs) and probably Starbuck’s later I’m very, very good to go thanks. Stay safe.
An assist - thank you @ianpspurs. Hope the Starbuck’s did the trick.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Candid camera all good thanks be to God, the original surgeon, follow up chemo and the care of those NHS heroes at Addenbrookes, Cambridge. Next scheduled one 12 months time which will be 4 of, hopefully, 5. Never great but very clear cut, immediate results I trust so far better than managing T2 by diet. JKP wanted to look in M and S food. Far more stressful for me than the procedure if I'm honest but she is the missing part of me that God knew I needed and if today isn't cause for celebration nothing will be.:woot::woot:

Yes.....

Much to celebrate.

Many more to come, i pray

Enjoy the moment :happy:

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes.....

Much to celebrate.

Many more to come, i pray

Enjoy the moment :happy:
Thank you @jjraak and I hope you are home asap. @dunelm JKP did the pickup with a Starbucks containing cream and sugar free caramel syrup. After the all clear I was like a pig in whatsit.:woot: