What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, those are such polite terms, a nice way to start the day, worthy of a dictator who then follows with today my troops flatten your villages and kill all under the age 75. Language is such a powerful tool, I just wish me and me’s knew how to use it. I digress.

Today a 7.6 on that meter, hmmm 7.6, I do have a cold, not covid I have clear lft test in front of me as I type.

Talking of lft tests I have a warfarin and lft, liver function blood tests scheduled for later today all routine stuff. I’m not sure how the rest of today will run, but there must be a little fun to be had, the opportunity is never far away :) .
Now it’s time for koffy and reporting the lft test.
Stay safe all, may all your troubles be small ones and avoid the toxic media.
Edit: nice vibrant colours @gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, those are such polite terms, a nice way to start the day, worthy of a dictator who then follows with today my troops flatten your villages and kill all under the age 75. Language is such a powerful tool, I just wish me and me’s knew how to use it. I digress.

Today a 7.6 on that meter, hmmm 7.6, I do have a cold, not covid I have clear lft test in front of me as I type.

Talking of lft tests I have a warfarin and lft, liver function blood tests scheduled for later today all routine stuff. I’m not sure how the rest of today will run, but there must be a little fun to be had, the opportunity is never far away :) .

Hugs for the cold fella

Good on you for checking
Nice it's negative..

Have a good un

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No FBG test kit is still in France.
Sorry everyone have missed pages of posts.
Thank you for all the supportive messages.
Still stunned at how quickly events changed.
Will be in UK for a while now, staying with Mum. Then diverse other relatives.
Seems suitable food is difficult to find. It at least in Mums kitchen. Christmas cake anyone?
Pleased that you made it back to the UK, take care.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No Swipey yet so no fbg to report. @SlimLizzy so glad you are back in the UK and I continue to pray for you and your family. @gennepher thank you for the art, I was ok on the where's Popeye. @Krystyna23040, phew. I knew you were some kind of Superwoman but felt 50 miles was ridiculous. @Mrs T 123 thanks and the same to anyone else I have yet to thank - @Krystyna23040 ?. Two other really good developments yesterday in family P so thanks be to God. @jjraak still praying for your release. My main meal will probably be mackerel salad again (I guess 180+/365) I "cheat" and use tinned in Xtra virgin olive oil. Salmon, whitebait, Monkfish, sashimi and prawns also work for me. After yesterday I'm a touch more convinced I can see out my time in Breckland and deal with the nonsense of hot Elsie. In both cases out of love for JKP , (a thoroughly unearned gift of God for me) not personal choice or pleasure. I couldn't have predicted COVID would impact the price of steel (long story) or make MIL prepared to move so we are here until God shows me where next. I could have predicted missing a log burner, wide open space all around me, farmers market with artisanal everything, starbucks, Waitrose etc but planned for the worst and wanted JKP near the boys when told it was cancer. As Mr Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. The phrase non invasive just does not register. I don't have to like the hot food or living here, just accept my duty to JKP and do it with as much love and good grace as possible. Slight problem - I'm not well known for that. Take care and probably don't send emails inviting people to a BYOB shindig just now.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks @alf_Josiah
You enjoy that coffee...

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As Mr Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
Thanks for the painting compliment @ianpspurs

That Tyson quote sums up what was keeping me awake last night, until I came up with Plan D (already used up the other earlier plans, and now thinking outside the box...), and I have Plan E, F, and G on the sidelines....

Enjoy your day...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Hope the tests have good outcomes and the cold abates asap. The meedja is a well known wonder cure for colds:D

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No Swipey yet so no fbg to report. @SlimLizzy so glad you are back in the UK and continue to pray for you and your family. Personally, I'd rather fast than eat Christmas cake but one man's meat etc. @gennepher thank you for the art, I was ok on the where's Popeye. @Krystyna23040, phew. I knew you were some kind of Superwoman but felt 50 miles was ridiculous. @Mrs T 123 thanks and the same to anyone else I have yet to thank - @Krystyna23040 . Two other really good things yesterday in family P so thanks be to God. @jjraak still praying for your release. My main meal will probably be mackerel salad again (I guess 180+/365) I "cheat" and use tinned in Xtra virgin olive oil. Salmon, whitebait, Monkfish, sashimi and prawns also work for me. After yesterday I'm a touch more convinced I can see out my time in Breckland and deal with the nonsense of hot Elsie. In both cases out of love for JKP not personal choice or pleasure. I couldn't have predicted COVID would impact the price of steel (long story) or make MIL prepared to move so we are here until God shows me where next. I could have predicted missing a log burner, wide open space all around me, farmers market with artisanal everything, starbucks, Waitrose etc but planned for the worst and wanted JKP near the boys when told it was cancer. As Mr Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. The phrase non invasive just does not register. I don't have to like the hot food or living here, just accept my duty to JKP and do it with as much love and good grace as possible. Slight problem - I'm not well known for that. Take care and probably don't send emails inviting people to a BYOB shindig just now.

Sure the food fairy may not get the true gist, but respect for planning and taking one for the team.

Sometimes we don't say *I love you * in ways our loved may want or dream of.

That is where 'actions' speak louder then words .

Cheers for good wishes.

Praying that freedom bus is starting up & revving it's engine somewhere for me today .

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sure the food fairy may not get the true gist, but respect for planning and taking one for the team.

Cheers for good wishes.

Praying that freedom bus is starting up & revving it's engine somewhere for me today .
Fingers crossed for you @jjraak

t4008.gif

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No Swipey yet so no fbg to report. @SlimLizzy so glad you are back in the UK and I continue to pray for you and your family. @gennepher thank you for the art, I was ok on the where's Popeye. @Krystyna23040, phew. I knew you were some kind of Superwoman but felt 50 miles was ridiculous. @Mrs T 123 thanks and the same to anyone else I have yet to thank - @Krystyna23040 ?. Two other really good developments yesterday in family P so thanks be to God. @jjraak still praying for your release. My main meal will probably be mackerel salad again (I guess 180+/365) I "cheat" and use tinned in Xtra virgin olive oil. Salmon, whitebait, Monkfish, sashimi and prawns also work for me. After yesterday I'm a touch more convinced I can see out my time in Breckland and deal with the nonsense of hot Elsie. In both cases out of love for JKP , (a thoroughly unearned gift of God for me) not personal choice or pleasure. I couldn't have predicted COVID would impact the price of steel (long story) or make MIL prepared to move so we are here until God shows me where next. I could have predicted missing a log burner, wide open space all around me, farmers market with artisanal everything, starbucks, Waitrose etc but planned for the worst and wanted JKP near the boys when told it was cancer. As Mr Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. The phrase non invasive just does not register. I don't have to like the hot food or living here, just accept my duty to JKP and do it with as much love and good grace as possible. Slight problem - I'm not well known for that. Take care and probably don't send emails inviting people to a BYOB shindig just now.
Glad that recent results is giving you some peace. You can now invite all and sundry into the garden and set out a long table for crisps and sausage rolls. BYOB is dead on trend.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Cheers for good wishes.

Best wishes for you today.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another smasher of a day here in the dark and dangerous north. No northern lights like two nights ago but too much of a good thing ends up on your hips. Lots of goings on upstairs today, and outside also. Mrs Miggins is on a mission to splash paint about, BIL is coming round to lay some new insulation and bloke coming later today to fit new gates (due to cost of them they are being named Bill and Melinda). Still, they should look nice and last a long time. I remembered to take my little blue pills last night (no, not those ones) so no princess and the pea, rather a perfect performance for the advertisement of expensive mattresses. Stir fry last night - chicken and mainly broccoli- I always slice up the stem and add that with onions first. No idea for this evening, will need to delve into the freezer. Lots of chorizo lallygagging in the fridge. olé.

Some trees today and someone on horseback looking over at distant hills. Hope that everyone has a pleasant day. Best finish my koffy.

upload_2022-1-11_9-14-21.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Have discovered why the coffee is so bad at The Lookout at Holkham. They don't have a coffee machine because they are noisy and would scare the birds away.
Winner for the fbg. The coffee story is right out of a No 10 press conference. There used to be wonderful van with a coffee machine on the beach at Cley. We sometimes took the last dogs there on a Sunday morning - all the way from St Ives - Cambs not the fake one:angelic:

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on another smasher of a day here in the dark and dangerous north. No northern lights like two nights ago but too much of a good thing ends up on your hips. Lots of goings on upstairs today, and outside also. Mrs Miggins is on a mission to splash paint about, BIL is coming round to lay some new insulation and bloke coming later today to fit new gates (due to cost of them they are being named Bill and Melinda). Still, they should look nice and last a long time. I remembered to take my little blue pills last night (no, not those ones) so no princess and the pea, rather a perfect performance for the advertisement of expensive mattresses. Stir fry last night - chicken and mainly broccoli- I always slice up the stem and add that with onions first. No idea for this evening, will need to delve into the freezer. Lots of chorizo lallygagging in the fridge. olé.

Some trees today and someone on horseback looking over at distant hills. Hope that everyone has a pleasant day. Best finish my koffy.

View attachment 52848
Glad you slept well and thank you for the art. Sepia tinted nostalgia for Call my Bluff over lollygagging - Ask the family as well. Much more recent scar over gates - two very big farm gates hung on massive oak pillars and a lovely, dinky pedestrian one then a big Hawthorn hedge. I so enjoyed installing all those, leaning on the gates and just opening and closing them. Chorizo - mild - is fine for me so good ending.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 52848
This is wonderful @dunelm
I love the work you do with the pens and spray...

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
08.01 Sad day for all the family.
Devastated.