What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I woke up late, at 8am
Fbg was 7.9

I pulled an all nighter again. I slept for 3 hours from 6pm, then I woke up all bright and chirpy at 9pm. In creative mode. So I reached for the Sketchbook to paint, but then had the urge to add to my writing. Just a few notes I thought. But 7 hours later I was still writing. The thoughts were flowing.

It is an autobiography my children have asked for, for their children. So, this is my life as a child until I leave school at 17 years old, and my children's lives from birth until when they leave school. And then my grown up children can add to it as they read it, because obviously their perspective of things will be different, and it might trigger memories for them to tell their children. The grandchildren in question, are in the 10 to 14 age range, and so it will be relevant to their understanding. My grown up children asked for this as a series of actual letters throughout this year, 2022, that I will post for each of them to read together, and talk about. I will also do individual little sketches on each letter, relevant to my grown up child in question, that I send it to. It will be in instalments.

It is proving to be a bigger project than I thought it would be, because not only is it my life history, it is giving me a further understanding about myself. So, for me, I have also been exploring in my mind what made me what I am, and how I got through things as a child. All that is just as relevant to my life today, and is also a framework for these difficult Covid times today. I always as a child, thought way outside the box. And this was at least in part because of my profound deafness (a deaf person in a hearing world), and not knowing what I was meant to do, nor knowing others' expectations of me which were very low. I did get told to my face that I was useless and that I would get nowhere in life. But I was only lipreading those words, I never felt the impact of the sound that went with it, although I could see the pitying disdain on the face of whoever was telling me this.

But, one thing I always did from the smallest me I can remember was dream. I imagined what I wanted. I imagined what I needed. It wasn't until I was a young teenager that I realised and understood what my parents and teachers expectations of me were, because I was told to my face then. But, by then, I had my own built in self-belief in myself. People (parents and teachers) could put me down, and that would affect me for a bit. For much longer than it should have done sometimes. But I went back to dreaming and believing in myself.

So, here is my creative for today. Just words on my acrylic painted sheets in my sketchbook.

DREAM
the outcome
and
BELIEVE

I have always done this, and the outcome might not have been what I expected, but it was always better than the before.

I am only human, and I lose my way from time to time as we all do.
But then I dream again...

7C9F4A6D-A85D-459A-A137-51BFA5E8B8B1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Joona

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I woke up late, at 8pm. Fbg was 7.9

I pulled an all nighter again. I slept for 3 hours from 6pm, then I woke up all bright and chirpy at 9pm. In creative mode. So I reached for the Sketchbook to paint, but then had the urge to add to my writing. Just a few notes I thought. But 7 hours later I was still writing. The thoughts were flowing.

It is an autobiography my children have asked for, for their children. So, this is my life as a child until I leave school at 17 years old, and my children's lives from birth until when they leave school. And then my grown up children can add to it as they read it, because obviously their perspective of things will be different, and it might trigger memories for them to tell their children. The grandchildren in question, are in the 10 to 14 age range, and so it will be relevant to their understanding. My grown up children asked for this as a series of actual letters throughout this year, 2022, that I will post for each of them to read together, and talk about. I will also do individual little sketches on each letter, relevant to my grown up child in question, that I send it to. It will be in instalments.

It is proving to be a bigger project than I thought it would be, because not only is it my life history, it is giving me a further understanding about myself. So, for me, I have also been exploring in my mind what made me what I am, and how I got through things as a child. All that is just as relevant to my life today, and is also a framework for these difficult Covid times today. I always as a child, thought way outside the box. And this was at least in part because of my profound deafness (a deaf person in a hearing world), and not knowing what I was meant to do, nor knowing others' expectations of me which were very low. I did get told to my face that I was useless and that I would get nowhere in life. But I was only lipreading those words, I never felt the impact of the sound that went with it, although I could see the pitying disdain on the face of whoever was telling me this.

But, one thing I always did from the smallest me I can remember was dream. I imagined what I wanted. I imagined what I needed. It wasn't until I was a young teenager that I realised and understood what my parents and teachers expectations of me were, because I was told to my face then. But, by then, I had my own built in self-belief in myself. People (parents and teachers) could put me down, and that would affect me for a bit. But I went back to dreaming and believing in myself.

So, here is my creative for today. Just words on my acrylic painted sheets in my sketchbook.

DREAM
the outcome
and
BELIEVE

I have always done this, and the outcome might not have been what I expected, but it was always better than the before.

View attachment 52856
Thank you for sharing both the creative and that very moving insight into what "animates" you. Your children and grandchildren are due to be richly blessed by what you are doing.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for sharing both the creative and that very moving insight into what "animates" you. Your children and grandchildren are due to be richly blessed by what you are doing.
Thank you very much @ianpspurs for those words.
This is working out to giving me more insights about myself.
And it is also explaining to me, the why I am who I am.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A poor nights sleep

Chap next bed sent home, new chap
Disorientated, and in need of care all night long

My bloods after tea & Cakes early hours, a surprising 5.7...yeehaw.

Other good News. now sat in transportation lounge awaiting evac home .:happy:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
A poor nights sleep

Really pleased to hear that you are going home at last@jjraak. Have a good night's sleep tonight! :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I woke up late, at 8am
Fbg was 7.9

But, one thing I always did from the smallest me I can remember was dream. I imagined what I wanted. I imagined what I needed. It wasn't until I was a young teenager that I realised and understood what my parents and teachers expectations of me were, because I was told to my face then. But, by then, I had my own built in self-belief in myself. People (parents and teachers) could put me down, and that would affect me for a bit. For much longer than it should have done sometimes. But I went back to dreaming and believing in myself.

DREAM
the outcome
and
BELIEVE

View attachment 52856

Loving that idea @gennepher

I do something similar myself, much more ad hoc.

Very easy to skim over aspects of our own lives,
Very interesting & insightful to put in words and examine in finer detail

Would love to have mum or dads version to read up on moments I can no longer ask anyone

Sure your recipients will be fascinated and inspired when reading it.

Sure your life make a better movie, but we all have one in ours

In mine, george Clooney, plays the lead

Who would play yours .?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A poor nights sleep

Tea and cakes? Cakeism appears to be under serious threat so you were just in time. Home James and don't spare the horses :woot::woot:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I woke up late, at 8am
Fbg was 7.9

DREAM
the outcome
and
BELIEVE

View attachment 52856
What a wonderful thing to do for all ofspring. Pretty cathartic I guess.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A poor nights sleep

Smashing

Jojo85

Good morning,

A restless night for me, even though I slept at midnight, still managed to wake up at 5am. So fbg was 5.3 this early morning.
It's my sisters birthday so we are going over to her place for dinner tonight.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great hews you on thour way home.
Derek

Cheers mate

Been good so far.
2pm left ward
630 pm still awaiting ambulance .

14 ¹/² hours more and I match my commonwealth games indoors individual chair waiting PB.;)

Be Safe

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good evening folks. Just had a telephone appointment with the nurse practitioner for diabetes following my review blood test. My HbA1c was up from 56 to 64. :arghh: My last cholesterol test was 7 and the ratio 5.8. No LD? In the past I have proved intolerant to all statins, Ezetimibe and Bezafibrate. In July 2020 my GP asked the advice of the Lipid service at the hospital. It appears that advice was given to check "fasting" lipids including triglycerides and suggested 2 alternatives depending on the results. I knew nothing of this advice as there was no follow up. I inquired about this at my last face to face appointment and was sent a copy of the advice received from the hospital. I discussed this further with the nurse today and have an early appointment tomorrow for a "fasting" lipid test. HbA1c to be retested in 4 months as my recent circumstances may have contributed to my raised level including a concoction of additional medication. I am still awaiting the results of my CT scan. The extra medications I've been prescribed have helped with some of my symptoms and I'm gradually weaning myself off some of them so that's good. Sorry to go on so long. :sorry: Best wishes to all, especially those of you who are struggling. Take care.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening folks. Just had a telephone appointment with the nurse practitioner for diabetes following my review blood test. My HbA1c was up from 56 to 64. :arghh: My last cholesterol test was 7 and the ratio 5.8. No LD? In the past I have proved intolerant to all statins, Ezetimibe and Bezafibrate. In July 2020 my GP asked the advice of the Lipid service at the hospital. It appears that advice was given to check "fasting" lipids including triglycerides and suggested 2 alternatives depending on the results. I knew nothing of this advice as there was no follow up. I inquired about this at my last face to face appointment and was sent a copy of the advice received from the hospital. I discussed this further with the nurse today and have an early appointment tomorrow for a "fasting" lipid test. HbA1c to be retested in 4 months as my recent circumstances may have contributed to my raised level including a concoction of additional medication. I am still awaiting the results of my CT scan. The extra medications I've been prescribed have helped with some of my symptoms and I'm gradually weaning myself off some of them so that's good. Sorry to go on so long. :sorry: Best wishes to all, especially those of you who are struggling. Take care.
I really hope the test tomorrow proves useful and the CT scan results arrive soon with some solution to that long standing problem.