What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Disturbed sleep and bad dreams resulted in 7.5 at 08.15 when I properly woke up. Can only improve. Enjoy Sunday everyone.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning All. Disturbed sleep and bad dreams resulted in 7.5 at 08.15 when I properly woke up. Can only improve. Enjoy Sunday everyone.
Hi Penguin mum Be patient thing will get better everyone has been there at sometime in their diabetic journey. Hugs K

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Penguin mum Be patient thing will get better everyone has been there at sometime in their diabetic journey. Hugs K
Thanks so much. I am four years in and first two years I was mostly 5s with the odd 4 but in the last year I have struggled to move out of the 6s and absolutely hate 7s. I try hard maybe not hard enough but feel I’m on a slippery slope.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
No number for me this morning.

In other news, new battery for my meter has been ordered (so THAT explains the somewhat wonky numbers over the last couple of days ....)

Must admit @Widgets I have been quite envious of your recent numbers. Any chance I could have your old batteries ;)

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks so much. I am four years in and first two years I was mostly 5s with the odd 4 but in the last year I have struggled to move out of the 6s and absolutely hate 7s. I try hard maybe not hard enough but feel I’m on a slippery slope.
I am further in to my DB journey at 10+ years - but am in exactly the same place with the fasting numbers. Try to be sanguine about it but in truth I do hate seeing the sixes and sevens at the start of my day. All other numbers including the HbA1C are good though so it can't mean that much!!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
The alarmist libre2 3.8
TeeHee2 4.9
But none has true has man’s best friend our beloved DOGS they give loyalty comfort affection and complete trust. And ask very little in return just a walk feeding and water and care from us in there I’ll health. K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
. I try hard maybe not hard enough
@PenguinMum I've known you long enough to know how hard you try. Like many other aspects of life trying too hard always has unfortunate consequences. Don't even think of ever trying to use that on me for a femtosecond. I'm different. :angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
This morning one metre 8.1 the other 10! I did not take it this morning or the last few days. Have had a bout of terrible contact dermatitis flare up under my armpits of all places and I had an apple this morning too. Think its all connected to be honest. I am currently walking around like a Michelin man - for those that remember :arghh:

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Must admit @Widgets I have been quite envious of your recent numbers. Any chance I could have your old batteries ;)
Sure! It'll save me having to work out the specific code to get the binnies to take them away with the rest of the recycling!

Driving to the local tip just to get rid of a handful of dead batteries seems a little ungreen and counter intuitive to me. :)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 for me today - Enjoy what is left of your weekend folks! :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am further in to my DB journey at 10+ years - but am in exactly the same place with the fasting numbers. Try to be sanguine about it but in truth I do hate seeing the sixes and sevens at the start of my day. All other numbers including the HbA1C are good though so it can't mean that much!!
Thanks so much for the solidarity Clea. I am in exactly the same boat re A1c though for some reason I have been high before supper lately. Infuriating isnt it!!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum I've known you long enough to know how hard you try. Like many other aspects of life trying too hard always has unfortunate consequences. Don't even think of ever trying to use that on me for a femtosecond. I'm different. :angelic:
Thanks Ian and I just lose patience and get infuriated when I slip into high 6s and 7s. :banghead: Sets me up for a bad mood kind of day.