What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 today. Also woke up WAY too early and feel like bleah.

Such is life, at least I have coffee. Well, had, but that's the ideal situation at this point really.

Reactions: karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.8 this morning but newly applied Libre says 5.8. I usually test teatime before eating and have been two points higher than should be lately. Yesterday Mr Libre backed me up so I think I just might have a batch of faulty strips. I eat pretty much the same safely tested meals everyday. Take care everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it only your FBG which is higher than you would like? I seem to remember that your last HbA1c was fine.
Thanks for your concern. Think I have probs answered above but the next 14 days will tell. Regular 7s wont maintain my 36 A1c thats what I am afraid of.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Today

Libre2 5.8
Tee2+ 6.9

Have to admit I am having more and more difficulty reading the screen lately so have not been responding on the forum so much text is milky and feint and every thing is blurred and hazy.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning for initial assessment for cataract surgery on both eyes. so hopefully my vision may be restored in the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for @PenguinMum - bg misbehaving; @DEBBIESCOTT - Larry misbehaving; @Widgets - sleep misbehaving. Yay for @karen8967 continuing to see no hypos or hypers. Gym for me yesterday - quite busy, lots of youngish petite or at least very trim looking females lifting weights in various ways. Big generational shift and good to see. Quite worrying about COVID risk but LC alone doesn't work for me and misbehaving BG doesn't equal wellbeing. Go Team D.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Regular 7s wont maintain my 36 A1c thats what I am afraid of.
My fasting levels have always been the highest of the day, I was regularly in the 7's sometimes higher. Eventually I gave up testing them, couldn't see the value of knowing a number if I could do nothing to influence it. Since my first set of blood tests when I was diagnosed my HbA1c has never been above 38.
So in my case it seems that being a point or 2 above what I would like for a short time in the morning has very little impact on my HbA1c

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
My fasting levels have always been the highest of the day, I was regularly in the 7's sometimes higher. Eventually I gave up testing them, couldn't see the value of knowing a number if I could do nothing to influence it.
Wow! Now THAT’S what I call a Banker. I’ve never ever read such a clear observation of our T2s predicament. Very reassuring indeed. I’ve been consternating over this for weeks and months - now years.

Wow…Just, wow…

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Since my first set of blood tests when I was diagnosed my HbA1c has never been above 38.
So in my case it seems that being a point or 2 above what I would like for a short time in the morning has very little impact on my HbA1c
@catinahat In my case, during this January my fasting bg has been 5 or under x 10 times and in the low 5s x 6 times (x 2 times I re-tested and got wildly different scores). But my A1c toggles always between 38 / 39. So I could say that, like yours, my fasting bg has very little impact on my A1c!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@catinahat In my case, during this January my fasting bg has been 5 or under x 10 times and in the low 5s x 6 times (x 2 times I re-tested and got wildly different scores). But my A1c toggles always between 38 / 39. So I could say that, like yours, my fasting bg has very little impact on my A1c!
Think I can say snap to that. Ok FBGs but I know that my HbA1c won't come anywhere near the predictions. Libre suggested HbA1c would be 34, actual figure last time 40. We just keep trying. At least for now I am managing to control the D without meds.