What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Libre said 5.8 but then it had me in 3s for couple of hours
@PenguinMum I suggest you ring up and complain. This sensor may be faulty. By complaining you will probably get sent a free replacement and will be able to assess whether this particular sensor is indeed faulty or whether Libre sensors will always behave like this for you. Good luck!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this bright, sunny, morning. Still chasing those elusive 5s, though after a nice long walk, have been seeing low 5s rest of the day.:)
That Dawn P had better not visit tomorrow. Will not allow it to cloud my morning.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Larry on phone 6.3 before getting out of bed 8 after getting up & washing hands
Contour meter 5.7
Covid doesn’t seem to have any effect on blood sugars, only exercising 30 minutes a day but sleeping so much more 12 hours plus
Have a good day everyone

Reactions: karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.3 - Waggghhh! I am NOT gonna tell youse what reading was on my left hand - No!

Have a great Friday.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.8 and 5.3 on Libre. @Alexandra100 Libres have always measured much lower than meter in my experience and I only use them for seeing trends. But oc its entirely possible that I did go low for a couple of hours while asleep. Thanks for trying to help me. Have a great Friday everyone.

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

prhayes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, so 7.1 for me today:(, again not sure why so high first thing, but yesterday my range was 6.5 - 7.5:) so think that is good. Basically monitoring my foods and have cut out granola that was part of my breakfast when spiked at 9.4 and yesterday , following breakfast it was only 7.3, had same breakfast today so will see later the result. Onwards and upwards... oh and yesterday did a 5K run at lunchtime:) so can see that definitely helped and down a couple of kilos in the last 10 days:), but still way too high at 88KG:banghead:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Ate a little too much chocolate last night - naughty me but think I may have got away with it.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 at 4:30 and 4.7 at 9am.

With not a huge amount of sleep from about 3am onward. Bored with this nonsense now.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, so 7.1 for me today:(, again not sure why so high first thing, but yesterday my range was 6.5 - 7.5:) so think that is good. Basically monitoring my foods and have cut out granola that was part of my breakfast when spiked at 9.4 and yesterday , following breakfast it was only 7.3, had same breakfast today so will see later the result. Onwards and upwards... oh and yesterday did a 5K run at lunchtime:) so can see that definitely helped and down a couple of kilos in the last 10 days:), but still way too high at 88KG:banghead:
You’re doing great. If you google Keto Granola it might throw up some possibilities to make up your own mix. Sainsburys bigger branches sell Hi-Lo seeded bread which is only 5g/slice though slices are small. I like a slice of toast to start the day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Go Team D. This clownshoe forgot to take his phone to bed so didn't fit a Swipey? @DEBBIESCOTT hug for the fatigue and curtailed exercise. I'll add some weight to each exercise just for you. @Marianne67 yay for the bands, enjoy - some good youtube tutorials; @Widgets LC or the sleep - I think they are linked; @prhayes good stuff on the 5k run and weight loss; @Ryhia knowing what is going on in your life chocolate is understandable but dark/LC compliant chocolate?. Way to make things worse or what girl? :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Marianne67

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
LC or the sleep - I think they are linked;

I'm bored with the lack of sleep. I seem to be able to reliably manage only 4 hours a night. After a week or so I manage a few more hours then back to the 4 hours. I've been LC since June last year, but the sleep has got quite bad more recently. There is other stuff going on that is probably at least as responsible. Such is life, on we go ...