What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
reading was 16mmol… should I be concerned
Great move to start testing. Keep on varying your meals and testing before and after, (writing it all down). The more data you have, the more you can learn, and the better Forum members can advise you. I suggest you experiment with a lower carb meal eg bacon, chicken, fish, meat (no bread). Most sausages do contain carbs (That info. will be on the packet.) I'm not saying you should never eat sausages and carbs, but for the sake of research try what readings you get with different levels of carb in your food.

Reactions: Ryhia

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Yet another new Larry (3rd one in a week)
Phone 8.9
Contour meter 7.5
Not surprised, had the munchies last night,
Day 5 of covid today, no signs of it going anytime soon
Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone

Reactions: karen8967

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Small experiment this morning - 5.6 when I woke up at Really Stupid o'clock to nip to the loo.

Later - at the time I usually measure and record 4.2. I am not going to routinely stab myself in the dark when I'm at best half awake so 4.2 it is.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning
Yet another new Larry (3rd one in a week)
Phone 8.9
Contour meter 7.5
Not surprised, had the munchies last night,
Day 5 of covid today, no signs of it going anytime soon
Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone
Hugs for The C hanging around like the smell of fried fish in a studio apartment and soo many Larry's. I'm waiting for a replacement Swipey. I went to the gym for you yesterday in my spavined old git way. Well done to anyone who can eat LC breakfast you are some seriously brave soldiers. Go Team D.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. I think I had the worst evening out since going low carb and was charged for the pleasure (not) of it. Came home really hungry needed a snack before bed. Eatery now on the list of places not to go to.

manhattan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great move to start testing. Keep on varying your meals and testing before and after, (writing it all down). The more data you have, the more you can learn, and the better Forum members can advise you. I suggest you experiment with a lower carb meal eg bacon, chicken, fish, meat (no bread). Most sausages do contain carbs (That info. will be on the packet.) I'm not saying you should never eat sausages and carbs, but for the sake of research try what readings you get with different levels of carb in your food.

Just ordered more test strips and lancets .. meter was a freebie from Contour. They included 12 test strips and some lancets.. but new order of 50 test strips and 200 lancets should last a wee while

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
200 lancets should last a wee while
@manhattan, Forum members are divided between those who re-use lancets and those who like a fresh one each time. Personally I am far too lazy and thrifty and ecological to change them at all often. When I began testing I ordered a big pack of lancets and I think at my current rate they'll more than see me out! Of course, if you wanted to share with someone else, a fresh lancet each time would be mandatory.