What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bought some very cute peppers on discount! :)
Filled three of them with a loose interpretation of the keto tuna melt muffin things, ate two, put one in the fridge.

Used tuna, onion, overripe camembert, some grated very hard Dutch cheese, crème frâiche, mayonnaise and eggs, and put some stinky Muenster cheese on top, which makes it look very pretty.
Seasoned with green peppercorns, the green chives like stalks growing out of two forgotten heads of garlic (tasty!) and black pepper, added paprika and black pepper on top for looks.

The green peppercorns were useless. I love the flavour, but chances of hitting them with that one functional molar in the back are close to zero, and you won't taste them unless you bite them. I think I got only one peppercorn.
Slowly building up courage to get some more plastic in my mouth. My top dentures work just fine, but I still have a nice row of 8 teeth at the front on the bottom, plus that one molar in the back, so it wasn't really a priority. Still, once there's more to chew with I'm going to use so many sesame seeds in my food, I love them too, but always miss them when chewing! :D

272131996_10224970358280518_5017137469273823207_n.jpg

Looks great, so cheesy. Who is your little dining companion?

Reactions: Annb

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bought some very cute peppers on discount! :)
Filled three of them with a loose interpretation of the keto tuna melt muffin things, ate two, put one in the fridge.

Used tuna, onion, overripe camembert, some grated very hard Dutch cheese, crème frâiche, mayonnaise and eggs, and put some stinky Muenster cheese on top, which makes it look very pretty.
Seasoned with green peppercorns, the green chives like stalks growing out of two forgotten heads of garlic (tasty!) and black pepper, added paprika and black pepper on top for looks.

The green peppercorns were useless. I love the flavour, but chances of hitting them with that one functional molar in the back are close to zero, and you won't taste them unless you bite them. I think I got only one peppercorn.
Slowly building up courage to get some more plastic in my mouth. My top dentures work just fine, but I still have a nice row of 8 teeth at the front on the bottom, plus that one molar in the back, so it wasn't really a priority. Still, once there's more to chew with I'm going to use so many sesame seeds in my food, I love them too, but always miss them when chewing! :D

272131996_10224970358280518_5017137469273823207_n.jpg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc toasted and with roasted cheese on top. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - salmon with hollandaise sauce, asparagus and a little garden peas & brussel sprouts

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
She's the cutest little christmas angel reading a book! She's made out of metal, much like you would learn to make an angel out of paper when first starting school, and hand painted.
My aunt sent her just after christmas (along with some cheese, nuts, a meat thermometer and warm glittery socks) and I put her on my table after unwrapping so I wouldn't forget to give her a nice permanent place in one of my plants.
I did forget, so now she lives on my table, getting moved about to make room for other things, it's a small table. :)
I guess she needs a name!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't have breakfast today - too much of a rush, first with Em arriving to go to school from here (with her bacon and egg inside her) and then my cleaner asked if she could come a day early and actually arrived earlier than she normally would. Since it's only the floors she cleans, I make sure everything else is done and everything up off the floor - that's the rush. Next week she will help me to strip and make my bed since I was telling her how difficult that had been yesterday. I'd rather do it myself, but it really is getting to be ridiculous - both in terms of pain and the time it takes.

Anyway - it's 11.30 now and she's gone, so I can have my brunch. Feeling a bit shaky and thought, perhaps BG had dropped too low so tested it. 18.9! So I just had my basal dose of insulin (late) and a correction dose of Humalog and will now fry off the remaining 2 lamb chops.

2nd meal today will be some of the stewed beef with chilli and chocolate.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
9D99C3B5-E149-480D-9B07-05C76C9824FF.jpeg
Remembered to photo my main meal just in time! I usually think about it when part way through...
Lunch two boiled eggs with hm lc buttered roll followed by yoghurt with raspberries and 10g of 85% chocolate
Dinner as photo : venison casserole- cooked all day in slow cooker - with generous portion of hm cauliflower cheese served with glass of red wine followed by lc blondie and cream.
Eating a fair amount of venison it’s not travelled far and is grass fed plus not too overpriced for quality U.K. grass fed meat.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Antje77 she is cute and definitely needs a name, what a lovely thoughtful aunt you have, maybe name the little Angel after her?
Today was going very well until 10 minutes ago when I unexpectedly ate about 30g of 90% chocolate. Darn it!
B- cheese and mushroom 2 egg omelette
L- leftover Keto curry bowl, only about 1/ 2 portion left so added cheese and an extra egg.
D- DD Asian chicken and broccoli stir fry. Very nice and quite filling so I’ve no idea why I attacked the chocolate straight afterwards. I really irritate myself at times.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Don’t think I remembered to post yesterday. Busy afternoon/evening.

Two OMAD days to report on.

Yesterday was slow cooked lamb breast. No pic - demolished too quickly. Felt hungry afterwards but was distracted by a long medical appointment and then Clubhouse.

Today was 2 courses - air fried pork belly pieces (coated in chilli oil) followed by air fried lamb ribs.

F30A8783-9609-4DA7-B8DF-D8CA2C201855.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and DGF gingerbread
Dinner: two soft boiled eggs with marmite soldiers made from halloumi chips followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

1B1EF7C5-B9FA-47A4-BCF9-D1A3EF537F7E.jpeg

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast; raw gorilla l/c granola at 5am, then took hubby to day surgery. Decided to do a supermarket shop on way home (7am is a brill time to visit supermarkets!) Called in M and S Simply Food for the seedy crackerst no joy. Then one slice carbzone rye bread with butter and a mocha when I got back home.
Lunch: chicken ciabatta roll (oh dear, but feeling a bit frazzled waiting for Hospital to ring) . Too many carbs:arghh:. Two squares of 85% lindt.
Dinner: bacon and mushrooms on a very small cheesy bannister potato skin - another nine carbs! raspberries and cream. two more squares of 85% lindt.

Collected husband eight hours later! - minus gall bladder

Writing today off....start again tomorrow

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms for breakfast.
Sand crab meat in a low carb wrap, lemon coedial osmolax mix for smoko.
Pork loin chops, green veggies, couple of low carb spudlites and gravy for lunch.
Toasted cheese and tomato low carb toasted sandwiches for supper at six.

Sand crab is a local Queensland name for Blue Swimmers.

Pre-cooked_Crab_Meat_4417.jpg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast : Fage full fat yogurt, raspberries, walnuts, black coffee
No lunch needed
Afternoon: one black coffee and one black decaff coffee
Dinner: leftover mediterranean veg from yesterday, in an omelette / frittata, topped with cheddar and chorizo, sugar free tonic water.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast; raw gorilla l/c granola at 5am, then took hubby to day surgery. Decided to do a supermarket shop on way home (7am is a brill time to visit supermarkets!) Called in M and S Simply Food for the seedy crackerst no joy. Then one slice carbzone rye bread with butter and a mocha when I got back home.
Lunch: chicken ciabatta roll (oh dear, but feeling a bit frazzled waiting for Hospital to ring) . Too many carbs:arghh:. Two squares of 85% lindt.
Dinner: bacon and mushrooms on a very small cheesy bannister potato skin - another nine carbs! raspberries and cream. two more squares of 85% lindt.

Collected husband eight hours later! - minus gall bladder

Writing today off....start again tomorrow
Hope your Hubby is doing well.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Slept long so up too late for breakfast before a 2 hour long walk.
L: one and a half bowls of hm lc broccoli soup, with added cream and a little chopped vintage gouda stirred in. Yum. 2 sqs hm lc millionaires
Thursday is a late(r than usual) dinner after dancing class. 3 97% chipolatas with carrots and swede and pepper and spinach mix (aka what was at the bottom of the freezer mix) with gravy (from instant granules, know I shouldn't but!) 1 sq berry cake with 2 teaspoons cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.1 FBG 6.2 - Woo Hoo!

Had to do a bit of swapping today.

B.TAG and a little later the 2 egg omelette with ham and cheese.
L. I didn't fancy chilli for lunch so had 30g of granola with 4 raspberries.
D. Hubby was at the football and I was running him back and forward. I can't be bothered cooking when he's out so I ended up using the remaining lo dough from yesterday as a wrap with prawns and lettuce.

His team won too - just!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
They sold artichokes at Lidl today!

I've eaten one once, prepared by my mum some 30 years ago.
So can you please share your favourite artichoke recipes before dinner time? Will of course have a look at the Google too to find out what to do with them, but nothing beats using someones favourite recipe. :)

272217412_10224978364560670_5157333085845529894_n.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Three slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms for breakfast.
Sand crab meat in a low carb wrap, lemon coedial osmolax mix for smoko.
Pork loin chops, green veggies, couple of low carb spudlites and gravy for lunch.
Toasted cheese and tomato low carb toasted sandwiches for supper at six.

Sand crab is a local Queensland name for Blue Swimmers.

Pre-cooked_Crab_Meat_4417.jpg
Looked up blue swimmers on the net. Looks better in the picture than the live ones. Glad you enjoy them, but not for me.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OMAD plus an illicit cake today.

Ate a mixed grill of Waitrose 1 free range Cumberland sausages, bacon, eggs and lamb chops. Then on a whim I went up to the Arsenal store to buy a shirt, and ‘happened’ to pass a sugar free bakery. They have some keto cakes so ordered a slice of raspberry gateau. Enormous, filling - almost couldn’t finish it - and not sweet at all: the raspberries were the sweetest bit.

19852B3F-0FE8-444F-B949-D4A0BB774867.jpeg

60C48208-0D11-4FA6-8BA3-0BDFFF3E749B.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It's almost 5.30 pm. Em has gone home with her dad and I'm thinking about making something to eat - it's been all tea today and nothing solid so far. Probably something with eggs will fit the bill. Maybe a couple of fried eggs and that will do me.

BG ridiculously high again, despite a correction dose. Must admit the correction dose did help - dropped it from 18.4 to 11.1 around 5 pm. Been feeling a bit odd with tight chest and a bit wonky when I move around, so maybe that's something to do with the high BG. The lump in my breast is growing fairly fast - I can actually see it now in the right light and it's getting to be a bit uncomfortable - letting me know it's there anyway. Couldn't sleep in bed at all last night - that might be making BG worse.

Reactions: DJC3