What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small piece of steak, two egg and cheese omelette for break fast.
Five or six pepper crackers with blue cheese in them, lemon cordial / osmalax mix for smoko.
Threadfin salmon fillets grilled, mixed salad for lunch.
Bacon sandwiches for supper at six.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It's 2.30 am. I've been up for about an hour. Couldn't sleep for stomach complaining that my throat must have been cut! BG just before bed at 12.30 was 17.9 and I took a correction dose of insulin because there was no way it was coming down by itself. So eating early and hoping for OMAD didn't work. New strategy required.

Reactions: Megnala and DJC3

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree with @shelley262 that making a quiche base with the LoDough works well. Then again I quite like LoDough pizza so it might not suit you. They are pretty expensive though aren’t they?
Indeed they are. That is why I will use the other one up but will definitely not buy any more.

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today’s main event prepped for a slow cook on the air fryer rotisserie.

362406D5-ECFE-4F02-8746-5B8005C635E0.jpeg

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Started the day with a cup of black tea, 6 half rashers of bacon wrapped in a Staffordshire oatcake. I'm now on the first cup of coffee (there'll be another 3 or 4 later). Lunch will probably be a couple of rounds of cheese on rye bread and later I'll have whatever my wife will dream up - likely to be a fish dish with some green vegetables, cauliflower, etc. I MAY have a small piece of cake, or something similar, afterwards. I had my regular blood glucose test an hour ago and will get the news over the 'phone in a week's time. I'm not hopeful this time. Covid and Christmas have taken their toll and my resolve to eat really well as a diabetic has been sorely tested and I have to admit to myself that I did fail, miserably, on a few occasions. (sigh)

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Tricolour

Hello Peeps, my first post :) and no doubt I shall be shot down .......
Being new I've had a poke around the site and being a home baker I was intrigued with the book or should that be booklet " Low Carb Bread Cookbook: 23 Tasty and Easy Low Carb Breads" that is for sale at only £15.99, so I left a review .....
"As there are no reviews I guess not too many have bought this book.
It seems a lot of money (£15.99) for 23 recipes that can easily be found on the internet,
I thought you were here to help people with diabetes
Feeling deflated"
I bake normal bread but I'm careful about how much I eat, Low carb bread taste like blotting paper so not for me, my bread has none of the nasties that 'Industrial bread' has added to it, to make it last forever and to make it palatable

Attachments

• IMG_20200712_231827 (1) resize.jpg
    IMG_20200712_231827 (1) resize.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 95
  • seeded boule 2. resize.JPG
    seeded boule 2. resize.JPG
    336.8 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: finzi1966 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Started the day really early because my cleaner was coming and I needed to get the house organised ready for her. Breakfast was 2 slices wholemeal toast (approx 30 g carbs). BG was around 8 and remained there.

It's a 3MAD day today and I have just had a can of sardines in olive oil for my lunch.

Evening meal will be cheese and I think I will break out the piccalilli even though it's only 2 days old.

Edit quite a lot later: BG has dropped to 3.8 now - that's despite 3 meals. But still only about 30 g carbs.

Last edited:

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast; low carb granola, a slice of carbzone bread and butter
mocha
lunch; low carb crispbread topped with cream cheese and polish sopoka ham. DGF gingerbread blondie.
dinner; bavette steak with pepper sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes and peas. raspberries, blackberries and cream.
'some' 90% lindt
very hungry today, must be the weather

sainsbury delivery arrived with eight loaves of hi lo!!!! amazing as they are usually out of stock. put in freezer for non diabetic husband who likes it . I'm sticking to my one slice of carbzone a day!

RosemaryJackson

Hello. Well, I've kept to under 30g of carbs for the first time and it was quite easy. I didn't think it would be. But I've found some sausages from Better Naked. No nitrites or any nasties in them and they are 0.7g for 2. I find them very tasty. For bf, ff greek you with strawberries, L. home made linseed bread roll (from the Keto Fitness Club) with pork loin and mayo. Tea. Sausages with veg. No gravy . I don't feel hungry (probably should say yet). My daily bg is definitely coming down and I am so hoping my A1c is coming down with it.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
063A9E19-AFF1-42BB-A15C-4229BC1749B7.jpeg

Two meals today
Lunch two boiled eggs with hm lc bread roll followed by yoghurt and a few raspberries, walnuts and two squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner see photo - slow cooked beef casserole and generous portion of home made cauliflower cheese followed by LC lemon and blueberry cake warmed with spoon of cream.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late morning: Fage full fat yogurt, walnuts, black coffee

mid afternoon: slice of ham, brie, and decaff black coffee

dinner: salmon, broccoli, 2 chips, sugar free tonic, one soft mint.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms, tomatoes for breakfast.
Chicken pie without the lid, lemon cordial and osmolax mix for smoko.
Savoury liver and bacon, veggies, small portion of lemon sorbet for lunch.
Two hard boiled eggs, low carb toast and vegimite for supper at six.

Four of five blue cheese and pepper crackers watching Leverage on Prime Video, I really like this brand of blue cheese it is better that King Island.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy day for me, my CT scan was negative and I can go to yearly, rather than 6 monthly follow up scans. I can’t tell you what a relief that is.
No breakfast as 9am scan and no food allowed.
Brunch - salami and the spreadable feta from Waitrose I’d put in the hotel fridge.
Mid aft- Lindt 90% choc quite a few squares trying to eat mindfully to calm my nerves before meeting the consultant for results
Post results bubbly Paul had stashed in hotel fridge in anticipation.
D- at Carlucciuos antipasti starter and lamb rump main. Waiter asked if I had any allergies, I said I couldn’t eat carbs so would need to swap out the bread and potatoes. His reply ‘Hmm, so not really an allergy then’
Anyway I’m still happy. @AndBreathe it’d be easy to make a topiary Dennis - any old untidy hedge would suffice!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy day for me, my CT scan was negative and I can go to yearly, rather than 6 monthly follow up scans. I can’t tell you what a relief that is.
Brunch - salami and the spreadable feta from Waitrose I’d put in the hotel fridge.
Mid aft- Lindt 90% choc quite a few squares trying to eat mindfully to calm my nerves before meeting the consultant for results
D- at Carlucciuos antipasti starter and lamb rump main. Waiter asked if I had any allergies, I said I couldn’t eat carbs so would need to swap out the bread and potatoes. His reply ‘Hmm, so not really an allergy then’
Anyway I’m still happy. @AndBreathe it’d be easy to make a topiary Dennis - any old untidy hedge would suffice!
I’m so so happy for you I’ve been thinking of you today - what amazing wonderful news. That chocolate was much needed to calm the nerves and the bubbly to celebrate. Congratulations

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

That's fantastic news. I am so happy for you and for your husband. Certainly reason for a real celebration.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to eating today after an enforced fast of some 42 hours. Did wake to a bg in the high 4s. First time I've seen a 4 since before Christmas.
11:00 2 scrambled eggs with extra salt. Coffee with 3 teaspoons double cream
15:00 celeriac mash with much added cheddar reheated in microwave. The ultimate comfort food.
Popped out just for a hair cut. Bought clothes! 2 tops and a dress!
Dancing
19:00 more celeriac mash with cheese and ham and tiny bit of gravy. An odd mix but warm and satisfying. 3 brazils and 2 sqs 100% chocolate chopped into 2 tablespoons double cream.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Already eaten today. Yesterday’s last meal was at 1pm, and was feeling peckish - and cold - this morning so eggs, smoked streaky bacon and Waitrose 1 free range Cumberland sausages it was! Should set me up nicely for a morning of work.

105410CB-4611-4B99-A668-530192102ECD.jpeg

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Already eaten today. Yesterday’s last meal was at 1pm, and was feeling peckish - and cold - this morning so eggs, smoked streaky bacon and Waitrose 1 free range Cumberland sausages it was! Should set me up nicely for a morning of work.

View attachment 53107
@Goonergal Looks delicious! I've just had breakfast, but if offered this I'd happily start all over again. Is that an Omega Workshop design plate?

Reactions: maglil55