Fasting Blood Sugar this morning + yesterday's food AND physical activity

AGC_68

Exercise
2 mile jog on treadmill
5 minutes stretch
After lunch 1.81 mile health walk with Steph
Evening 1,000 hoola hoop rotations & 20 halos
Not only has he given me 3 workouts for next week, he’ll actually be there training himself so will know if I’ve done it,
apparently I need to do cardio to get my lungs working properly after covid (hate cardio)
2 mornings in the 5’s now, seems like a protein shake before bed works, might have to get some different flavours
When you make your Greek yogurt thingy how can you stick to 1 walnut & 2 teaspoons of peanut butter?, my tub of peanut butter has never seen a teaspoon & never will & I couldn’t stick to 1 walnut, I’ve cut down now but used to eat a 200g bag every week
100 burpees is insane, most I’ve done is 66 in one go,
Prefer rounds of 10
Have a good weekend, weathers supposed to be a bit warmer
66 in one go is bloody great .. I have to admit that once I get past 40 burpees I just get bored! 25 at a time mixed in with other exercises keeps it fresh and fast for me.
Some people are into pretty crazy burpee workouts where they do 100s of them kind of at medium pace with good from. But I don't see how they don't get bored of the repetition!
Yes .. I found after intense cardio workouts made my lungs felt much better after covid, seemed to reduce the inflammation and really help.
Your FBGs are doing great. So cool!
Mine are hard to get in the 5s in the mornings since starting on statins. I probably need to make some adjustments, have my final meal a lot earlier and be really strict about the snacking after the final meal now!

ON the peanut butter front .. I'll be honest .. the teaspoons are a bit heaped! LOL I know exactly what you mean about the PB and the walnuts. I could eat tons of them .. but I keep it under control now since the T2 diagnosis. That Meridian nothing added crunchy peanut butter is just too tasty!!

Have a great day!

AGC_68

Good morning!
FBG: 6.4

B: Huel Black - vanilla
L: Tandoori roast chicken breast x 2, chickpea and mushroom curry, green salad, with avocado, Dessert: Greek yoghurt, protein powder, berries, nuts, nut butter, choc, cream pudding thingy
D: Huel Black - chocolate, followed by pudding as above
Late night snack: raspberry and blueberry, vanilla protein powder ice cream (naughty, even though it was low carb, home made and high protein .. not good for the FBGs to eat so late)

Activity:
Steps ~ 6000

Workout with 16 kg kettlebell
Took it a little easy today but still got a workout in after the ice cream
4 x 6 min rounds, each 6 min round as below:
a. 2 mins squats
b. 2 mins cleans (1 min L, 1 min R)
c. 2 mins shoulder press (1 min L, 1 min R)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
FBG libre 7.9 contour meter 7.7
No meds yesterday, blood sugar was 4.6 before breakfast
Food/
Mug of tea before exercise
Vanilla protein shake with almond milk after
B/ bacon & eggs
L/ celery, peanut butter & 2 cheese strings (247 calories of peanut butter, but was so worth the calories)
D/ steak, mushrooms, salad & garlic butter
Alpro yogurt with coconut, strawberries & pecans
S/ strawberry protein shake with almond milk
Exercise
Early morning
6x10 Barbell deadlifts, increasing weight
5x10 barbell shoulder press (no dip)
5x10 barbell rows
Evening
Intermediate plank workout
8x25 kettlebell swings
5x20 kettlebell pull over to to reach
Steps 5887
Calories1,583

Attachments

• F48C61F6-899C-4FF0-9264-AC23B3021993.png
    F48C61F6-899C-4FF0-9264-AC23B3021993.png
    330.7 KB · Views: 54

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you’re having a good weekend
Blood sugar played nice all day yesterday time in target 100% with no medication
Need to cut back on fat & have more protein, really hard to get enough protein without the fat some days,
Did the kettlebell swings for a bit of cardio, too windy here to run, hopefully going to look at a treadmill today & have lunch out, loads for sale in a 40 mile radius,
It’s great you’re still exercising & logging, it’s making me do the same (still a pain to keep weighing everything) but it does work

How are you getting on with the statins, hope no side effects, nurse rang me to offer me them a while back, but she didn’t really know why as I don’t need them, but said it I can have them if I want, I didn’t
If you need them you do, we all need to do whatever we need to to keep fit & healthy for as long as possible
I think you’re doing great, you’re doing everything you can to keep your body at its best.
1 walnut is still so wrong
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, back to work tomorrow

AGC_68

FBG: 7.0
B: Huel Black Vanilla
L: Lamb Keema and cauliflower rice, Greek yoghurt & Protein powder pud
D: 3 egg omelette with spinach, mushrooms, cheddar, 1 avocado, Pudding: 1 keto ice cream bar

Activity:
Steps ~6000 steps

Workout:
Rest day!

AGC_68

Hope you’re having a good weekend
Blood sugar played nice all day yesterday time in target 100% with no medication
Need to cut back on fat & have more protein, really hard to get enough protein without the fat some days,
Did the kettlebell swings for a bit of cardio, too windy here to run, hopefully going to look at a treadmill today & have lunch out, loads for sale in a 40 mile radius,
It’s great you’re still exercising & logging, it’s making me do the same (still a pain to keep weighing everything) but it does work

How are you getting on with the statins, hope no side effects, nurse rang me to offer me them a while back, but she didn’t really know why as I don’t need them, but said it I can have them if I want, I didn’t
If you need them you do, we all need to do whatever we need to to keep fit & healthy for as long as possible
I think you’re doing great, you’re doing everything you can to keep your body at its best.
1 walnut is still so wrong
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, back to work tomorrow
Hey there .. having a good weekend thanks.
I'm doing OK with the statins, definite raise in FBG in the mornings though.
I may get some Libre sensors to see what is happening over a 24 hour period for a couple of weeks. My cholesterol levels are on the high side, have a family history to consider too, so I think I do need to take them. I may need to dial down my protein a little, as any protein in excess to building does get turned into glucose, so maybe I should try erring on the lower side and see what happens. I would turn down the statins if my cholesterol levels where good.

Good luck with the treadmill. Look forward to hearing about it.

I'm going to get in a kettlebell and bodyweight workout, then off out to do some food shopping, nice long walk with an audiobook.

Have a great weekend :)

AGC_68

That was a great workout by the way Debbie! Weights for resistance training and kettlebells for the cardio. The PT will be happy :D

AGC_68

Messaged 5 people
One was sold, one bloke was an idiot (that’s putting it nicely) & other 3 didn’t bother replying, pub roast lunch was really good though
OMG!! How annoying is that? 5 people all useless. in their own way! Sometimes we forget just how much hard work it is dealing with people :wideyed:
I hope some of the remaining 4 get back to you tomorrow :)

AGC_68

FBG: 6.0

Food:
B: Greek yoghurt, berry, nuts, protein powder pudding
L: Chicken curry and cauliflower rice
D: Steamed broccoli, lamb keema, cauliflower rice, 2 eggs, Pudding: Greek yoghurt protein powder pudding thing as above

Activity:
Steps ~ 6000

Workout:
4 x 25 chest press with pair of 20 kg kettlebells
4 x 25 press ups
4 x 25 shoulder press with pair of 16 kg kettlebells
4 x25 bent over rows with 32 kg kettlebell
4 x 6 biceps curls with 32 kg kettlebell
1 x 300 bodyweight only squats
4 x 25 crunches

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
FBG libre 8.7 contour 8.1
A bit of consistency every day would be nice
Yesterdays food
After workout vanilla protein shake with almond milk
B/ 3 scrambled eggs on slice of nimble toast & butter
L/ turkey, 1 roast potato & parsnip, stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, carrots, mashed swede, Brussels, cauliflower & broccoli
S/ cold roast chicken, Brie & strawberry protein shake
Don’t go out for Sunday lunch very often & not going to be the odd one out, never have a pudding though
Exercise
Am 6x10 barbell deadlifts (not heavy)
5x50 kettlebell swings (hr up to 75%)
Pm 1,200 hoola hoop rotations
Steps 6,552
RHR 54
Didn’t log on mfp yesterday
Today’s breakfast & lunch prepped & logged
Disappointing about treadmills, friends not gone yet so plenty of time to get one, going to keep looking on Facebook & eBay, somebody in the running club will know someone selling one & back at the gym 3 times a week & got the peloton at work
Hope you’ve had a lovely weekend, Monday seems to come round so quick
Enjoy your day

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is that a typo or really 300 squats, with a bad knee?
You’re doing great as always
Gym session done
Nowrecovering at desk & looking busy

AGC_68

Knee is much better .. not 100%, but can do 300 squats without any pain. So very happy about that :)
The pub lunch sounds good. I agree, need to keep it real on social occasions and enjoy the same food as everyone else.

Loving your workout from yesterday, deadlifts and swings.. nice, simple, effective full body workout.
I think I'll go for something similar to that myself today.

Yorkshire puddings .. delish! When I was a lecturer at a big uni many decades ago, the staff canteen used to serve Mexican chilli in a huge Yorkshire pudding bowl, MASSIVE! I don't know who came up with that idea, but GENIUS!!!!!!

Good luck with the treadmill hunt .. you're right something will turn up. Not tempted by the Peleton treadmill?

Weekend was good thanks, caught up with some friends and got plenty of rest and exercise. Meant to do some French lessons but wasn't in the mood. Might do some today after work, if the afternoon at work isn't too intense. You never know how some meetings are going to go!!
I'm going to sneak in a good, simple KB workout at lunchtime though!:joyful:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fireman friend just called into work for a coffee,
Local fires station has just skipped all their exercise equipment including a treadmill, nothing wrong with it, just had all new equipment,
Made a chilli last night but I’ll stick to cauliflower rice, can’t have Yorkshire puddings twice

AGC_68

Fireman friend just called into work for a coffee,
Local fires station has just skipped all their exercise equipment including a treadmill, nothing wrong with it, just had all new equipment,
Made a chilli last night but I’ll stick to cauliflower rice, can’t have Yorkshire puddings twice

WOW!! That's just fate! Excellent!! Get that treadmill!!