What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

McHelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.2 and going down!! And 7lbs lost this week. Just keep swimming everybody

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find my fasting level often continues to rise until I eat. Annoying as I don’t usually want to eat until I have been awake for a couple of hours. If it has been continuing for several days I try to counteract it by having a spoonful of greek yogurt and a cup of coffee. Some people use cream in coffee. I like cream, too much, but it doesn’t like me.
This morning after a lie in my fasting was 6.1. Looks like Dawn P was up early.
Mine does the same re rising till I eat even if I exercise or go for a long walk it continues to rise I think it must be all the stored glucose that my liver kindly releases to help me lol .

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here I was thinking my recent lower numbers were the new normal but woke yesterday to a 5.9, this morning to a 5.8. No rhyme nor reason, or perhaps good reasons. I have eaten quite a lot of protein over the last couple of days which doesn't always sit well with me, plus I made some teacakes from a low carb bread recipe ((keto king) adding mixed spice, sugar substitute and a few blueberries. I know what some of you think of low carb bread but for me these were delish and so moreish, I have had to ban them to the freezer so that they last longer. And to hide them from my non-diabetic husband.

Keep well folks.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not sure why I am testing at the moment because my FBG is just all over the place 10.6 yesterday 8.6 this morning I know some of the readings are due to feeling under the weather ( not covid ) and poor sleep .

Reactions: Donaldfr

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I'm not sure why I am testing at the moment because my FBG is just all over the place
Yes, it’s all very flaky. However, I keep on doing it to re-reconfirm just how wobbly my EndoSys has having fallen into the tentacle-grip of T2, it’s my way of charting my way through this land. I’ve now placed “others” with extraordinary successful low results are not being a mirror or lodestone of where I’m at. Take heart, and keep on testing.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 today. Every time I tested 5 times, throughout the day, meter stuck on 7.3. No explanation at all, but made it simple to work out daily average.
I had the most sleepless night ever, until 4am ( or at least it was last time I checked the clock) until I woke at 12:30 pm. Don’t know if Dawn P snuck in and hung around all day. This D business still throws in a conundrum for me to mull over from time to time.
Keeps me on my toes.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning.

It's been a bit of a week the last couple of days so I missed checking in here. I hope the keel is a bit more even now, for a while at least.

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 today. Have a nice day everyone. Seems like 3.5 grams of carbs is ok (riveta with tuna on) so a change from meat :). Going to try a keto cupcake soon ( 8 grams of carbs) and fingers crossed my bloods ok with that as i do miss a cupcake

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All
6.9 at least its a 6 I suppose. @busdriver450 welcome to our corner of hopers and triers so please don’t worry some of us have kept on keeping on for years.