What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Greetings one and all whatever time of day it may be where you are currently. Other fruit is available but perhaps not lemons according to one contributor. Thank you for all the good wishes yesterday. Everything went well with the CT scan thanks to the Grace of God in and through the kind, caring and professional medical staff. Another mysterious and wonderful kaleidoscope @gennepher and an interesting piece of art @dunelm #thankful. @Granny_grump_ the hug is for the tummy upset and missing dogs of your own. @Krystyna23040 yesterday sounds as though it was a triumph darling, a triumph. Today I shall mostly be drinking plenty as instructed by the nurse who informed me she usually conducts scans on pregnant mums in Ipswich but previously worked at West Suffolk. Shriving seems to have become a lost custom, especially among The Elite, these days. Style it out is all the rage. One wonders just how Barry Mcguire one should go or if Vlad is as mad, bad and dangerous to know as folks claim? Meantime, have a spiffing day and take care of those things in your gift.

Its impresssive how many young men and womenbare giving their lives for their homeland and forming a new international brigade in which they are line up againgst enormous power misuse.
They are very brave young men and women.
D.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Update on my sister she is the luckiest person still alive has we found out from her discharged papers that two arteries in the heart had burst and that is why she was a complication patient and why they did one side only with work involved, but talking to her I am increasingly concerned that she won’t listen to what advice she was given. Her daughter nearly caught her out has she was talking about going upstairs to have a shower when she was strictly forbidden at climbing stairs, I feel like shaking her there is no getting through to her. It’s not just this same after vein grafts told not to smoke has it would cause more blockages did she not a cat in hells chance, that’s why she is in this position today. But I’ve served my purpose now running around after her bringing her home I’m back to the boring older sister who has tried to help her with BG control in the past now she’s doing ok it’s friends then somewhere around the bottom of the heap is me. I feel like saying we’ll get on with it I’ve had enough, but it’s if I can is another thing. Sorry for the Rant but she infuriates me to the brink of Screaming. K
It is so frustrating when someone close to you cannot/refuses to see the truth in what you say. It is okay to rant on this thread @Granny_grump_

But don’t forget, you do not run yourself into the ground trying to help her. You come first. Make sure you have the time out you need for you on this. Hugs for you.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Creative today. Kaleidoscope in Laboscope. Put through Procreate and Snapseed, back and forth...
This one is still taken from my bed, but iPad was pointed outside among the trees as night fell, so a tiny bit of light in it.
I was trying for something a little more delicate.
But the trees look like stag beetles to me...
Maybe you can see something better?

Got to move, an appointment today in the depths of long labyrinthine corridors and masks...

Shower and all that now...

Be good. Drink your cuppas.

F7D4AC8D-9ED5-4E80-9725-F22E39141042.jpeg

Reactions: SlimLizzy

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
It’s a new day new beginning Sod Worrying about others in my life who don’t give a **** I’ve earned some peace in my life and I’m going for it!!!!!
BG this morning was 6.2mmol
Have a fabulous day everyone I’m going to certainly give it a try!!!!!!! K

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Creative today. Kaleidoscope in Laboscope. Put through Procreate and Snapseed, back and forth...
This one is still taken from my bed, but iPad was pointed outside among the trees as night fell, so a tiny bit of light in it.

Got to move, an appointment today in the depths of long labyrinthine corridors and masks...

View attachment 53603
Another smashing kaleidoscope- Popeye meets the first frost of winter. Hope your appointment goes well.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It is so frustrating when someone close to you cannot/refuses to see the truth in what you say. It is okay to rant on this thread @Granny_grump_

But don’t forget, you do not run yourself into the ground trying to help her. You come first. Make sure you have the time out you need for you on this. Hugs for you.
gennepher
You are so right all my life I’ve put others before myself and husband if I don’t stop it and live my own life doing what we my hubby and I want to do at this time in our lives we may never get that chance. I’ve not had a good nights sleep in I can’t remember how long worrying about everything and everyone I need to stop and think about us and start doing the travelling we planned get away from all that cause me stress. And just take off and do what we want You’ve really put it into perspective gennepher I needed a stranger to say it has it is and make me wake up, my sister is going to still do all the things she’s always done no matter what I say or worry myself sick about so let her get on and do it enough is enough. K

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s a new day new beginning Sod Worrying about others in my life who don’t give a **** I’ve earned some peace in my life and I’m going for it!!!!!
BG this morning was 6.2mmol
Have a fabulous day everyone I’m going to certainly give it a try!!!!!!! K
Have a wonderful day yourself; chill out and plan your next outing.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fbg 6.7

View attachment 53603
gennepher I will call your latest Kaleidoscope The All Seeing Eye K

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from under a sky that holds promise for another nice day. Happy St David’s Day! Shrove Tuesday. An ideal opportunity to take some time out for yourself. To take stock and for some quiet contemplation. I like the quiet of the early morning and the privilege of just being able to simply sit, in comfort, for a while. Clock watching at present though - I have to join the queue of the masses for the 8am appointment lottery at our local GP’s. We have had to cancel an overseas trip and I need an ‘excused flying’ note for those Uriah Heaps at the insurance.
Art today - surfs up! I hope that everyone has a pleasant day. Best get some koffy on the go.

upload_2022-3-1_7-12-33.jpeg

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Today and this morning my reading was a head scratching 7.7, within my hospital given limits, but all the same where did that come from, never mind, just roll with the diabetic punches, life is for living.
Writing about living as a special treat I shall be taken to B&Q some time today, the agenda is pansies ( no not the mixed up gender variety, the flower type ) some sort of compost to bury them in and lastly some wood to make 2 safety rails out of. Mrs J bless her cotton socks, but nothing else can wander round the flower part, while I, me and me’s will be the other end of the store drooling over wood. Being a bloke, we is simple creatures with minimal needs and desires.
Stay safe all, now I must go designs to design and koffy to drink.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Feel a lot better after our walk around Sheringham Park yesterday. There is something about walking in woodland and nature that is both relaxing and lifts your spirits.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus or cyfarch dydd dewi sant or, presumably, other forms of greeting with the same intention. Best wishes for your interactions with the medical profession @dunelm and @gennepher along with my thanks for the sharing of your wonderful artistic talent. @gennepher I shall diligently obey your instruction to drink my cuppas - difficult as I may find that. @alf_Josiah be brave and enjoy the wood in B and Q. @Granny_grump_ have a great time planning those trips and as Genn says you can't pour from an empty cup. It is flipping pancake day at least for JKP here and almost certainly again on Thursday for the grandchildren. Lent reflections dropped into my inbox today with a theme of justice/where did it all go so wrong? Not quite the wonderful George Best story but very apposite with Ukraine and the glaring/fatal effects of inequality COVID revealed. Today will be different to my planned agenda- JKP needs extra TLC- which involved this but then my Maker had his agenda spoiled by Adam and Eve. Progress, continuity and change - yeah, right.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus or cyfarch dydd dewi sant or, presumably, other forms of greeting with the same intention. Best wishes for your interactions with the medical profession @dunelm and @gennepher along with my thanks for the sharing of your wonderful artistic talent. @gennepher I shall diligently obey your instruction to drink my cuppas - difficult as I may find that. @alf_Josiah be brave and enjoy the wood in B and Q. @Granny_grump_ have a great time planning those trips and as Genn says you can't pour from an empty cup. It is flipping pancake day at least for JKP here and almost certainly again on Thursday for the grandchildren. Lent reflections dropped into my inbox today with a theme of justice/where did it all go so wrong? Not quite the wonderful George Best story but very apposite with Ukraine and the glaring/fatal effects of inequality COVID revealed. Today will be different to my planned agenda- JKP needs extra TLC- which involved this but then my Maker had his agenda spoiled by Adam and Eve. Progress, continuity and change - yeah, right.
Very interesting article @ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Very interesting article @ianpspurs
I think both of us would instinctively have agreed with that. Interesting little nugget about the L shaped association for The D - 60 mins seemingly optimal. Perhaps downsizing and no need of heavy outdoor work may not be such a bad thing for me health wise but I really miss it. I so like well manicured lawns and pruned fruit trees. A legacy of spending so much time on cricket fields, the Cambridge college sports fields are amazing - like carpets, and growing up in an area dominated by fruit growing. Here's another thought provoking piece centred around football but hugely applicable to NFL, rugby union and the charade being played out by my bête noire.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Mmhh maybe carrying the shopping might be why many women live longer, :).

Men, we must do more :bag:

(Until I learnt to drive mum, carried everything shopping wise...took a pull along trolly sometimes
And only took the more stable 4 wheel style at a good age and then only for the walk out and air she felt she needed .)

6 years gone yesterday .
86 years of loved & being loved
By all the family

Missed every day
RiP., Mum xxxx

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No FBG either today or yesterday.
St David's day, yesterday is a blur. Slept until about 6pm, today until midday. Relapse without an obvious cause although MrSlim thinks I have been overdoing it.
We did put up the owl nest box on sunday, very heavy object, we had to erect scaffolding to get it into position.
Am Hoping to have more energy tomorrow.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Have a wonderful day yourself; chill out and plan your next outing.
Thank you for help and advice from you all it’s such a thankless task when your trying to help a person who doesn’t want it except when She!!needs you for something playing taxi visiting when she’s in hospital well I’m a bit sick of playing Taxi and being their when it’s obvious it’s not appreciated. K

Jojo85

Good morning everyone,

8am fbg was 5.1

Sydney is very wet today and northern nsw has flooded, what a disaster for those poor people. Hope the rain stops.