What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.8 FBG 6.4. Lovely day today. Boys were dropped off about 11am and they had managed to behave. Got Mum & Dad after swimming so order restored at my home. I think the eldest will make it through staying over on Tuesday night. Anxiety has been quite something to deal with.

B. TAG - I managed a coffee! A bit later GF black pudding, bacon and egg.

L. Nothing

D. Sirloin, mushrooms, little onion, wilted spinach. Campari and soda.
DGF lemon drizzle with 2 sliced strawberries.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday's sirloin!
20220320_185935.jpg

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: paleo granola, one slice of carbzone bread butter and a mocha
Lunch: m and s seeded crackers, chicken liver pate, a few cherry toms, a pip and nut butter cup.
Dinner: serrano ham, artichoke, mozzerella, sun dried tomatoes and roasted peppers with olinas seeded crispbread, strawberries, raspberries and cream, two Hotel Chocolat 70% dark chocolate macarons
supper: 2 slices of keto chefs bread, some pistachios
90% lindt

For some reason today have eaten lots but still ended up with a smaller carb total than usual! Probably eating more due to feeling tired from battling the shoppers in Leeds yesterday (first time since covid) . Much remorse;):arghh:after eating breaded chicken with fries, plus 2 Hotel Chocolat mochas in between shops (although the extra carbs probably explain the tiredness)!!

Sister went home with my pack of HC 85% batons by mistake, probably just as well.....

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Made good on yesterdays missed veggies today. :)
Cabbage, onion, bell pepper and bok choi, with tomato paste, cream cheese, hot sauce and a half stock cube, plus two very small chorizo sausages.
It's enough for two and a half meals so no cooking tomorrow. :)

277078007_10225269880768393_4775671363761805961_n.jpg

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday (March 20th)

Breakfast (9am): 4 eggs, sunny side up
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm): None
Snack (3pm): Two chicken legs
Dinner (8pm): Pan seared pork chops, french onion soup (no bread in mine)
Evening Snack (10pm) - Two low carb beers watching a replay of the Formula 1 race with my wife :)

Walked 2.0km yesterday to bring my YTD total to 314.97km.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch @ 1345 ish: 2 eggs, 1 thinly sliced pork rasher, generous tablespoon of lardons, some mushrooms, all fried in olive oil. Dinner will be steak with broccoli, sprouts and cauliflower. A small full-fat Greek yoghurt might be eaten afterwards, or not if I've had enough food.

RosemaryJackson

afternoon all. well, have had my stitches out, all 15 and am in more pain than ever. so with pain and some comfort eating my bg will definitely be up. to stick to the thread, bf was greek yog with chia seeds and 2 strawberries (that was before the nurse came) since then, dinner was sausages, mashed potato, yorkshire pud,cauli and gravy and chocolate. dont know yet what tea will be but hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just one meal today - a fry up of left-overs (butternut squash, fish cakes) plus a couple of fried eggs. There was quite a lot there and made me very full. That was about 10.30 this morning. Still feeling fairly full (4.20 pm) but I have awful indigestion; really painful - haven't had it so bad in months. Stomach has clearly had enough for one day.

Em had her covid jab yesterday and started feeling ill soon after. She's off school today. It's odd how it affects different people different ways. She's the only one in her family to have a bad reaction to it. I gather her elder sister has tested negative twice, but has lost her sense of taste. But she only had covid about 3 weeks ago. Maybe something else causing it, or maybe it's back.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. 1.5 meals today.

Lunch was at German Doner Kebab. Large beef ‘gymbox’ with onions. Followed by a wander home along the Thames Path.
Just had a small bowl of Greek yoghurt (the nice, creamy M&S one) with a few raspberries for dinner.

Editing to add a very late second dinner which is currently in the air fryer - lamb ribs! Was suddenly ravenous.

7C146200-BB4A-49A0-8C29-26C026B776E6.jpeg

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late am a few spoons of hm yoghurts
Lunch two boiled eggs and one lc hm roll followed by a few berries and hm yoghurts and four squares of 100% chocolate
Mid pm last of my lc cookies from freezer- unplanned so still frozen and crispy!
Dinner lamb loin with kimchi and peppers with small glass of red wine followed by sf jelly with hm yoghurts.
Will be not reporting my menus for a few days as away from home.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Food Dr bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a new Aldi protein bar. (See pics below)
Dinner: chicken and mushrooms in creamy mushroom sauce with Brussels and runner beans followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.
The Aldi protein bars are a new discovery, available in four flavours, not everyone’s cup of tea, but these type of bars help me stick to low carb.

DAA22EDB-5DBA-4DEF-8515-B9EDCB9DB8A0.jpeg

Last edited:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Same usual stuff on Sunday, but yesterdays menu was:

Three slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, last of the mushrooms and tomatoes small portion of baked beans for breakfast.
Cold hard boiled eggs with a sprinkle of chicken salt, lemon cordial / osmolax mix for smoko.
Pork loin chops, green veggies and gravy, red low jelly for lunch.
Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches for supper at six.

Pepper crackers with cheddar cheese with a bit of kimchi on them, watching the last couple episodes of Bosch season 7 on Prime.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Cold hard boiled eggs with a sprinkle of chicken salt
For a moment I thought you were messing with us, checking if we were reading your posts by adding something ridiculous.
I was thinking my chickens only lay eggs, not salt! :hilarious:
But the Google told me chicken salt is actually a thing!

And to stay on topic, I had the same as yesterday, still yummy. :)

upload_2022-3-21_23-53-27.png

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

jape

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The picture of chicken salt looks very similar to a product we had in South Africa called aromat. In the early days of my abode in Canada, I usually brought some with me when I visited my relatives there. However, I have not been back to South Africa for 15 years, so I have forgotten how it tastes.

Reactions: Antje77

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Chicken salt sounds good!

I’ve got a whole range of salts from these guys - this the rosemary and garlic, also have the sage and onion, lemon salt and a couple of others. Easy way to add a bit of flavour - and great with chicken wings in particular!

Just having my usual morning iced water with fresh lime and pink salt. Then as I have a day off and it’s looking like sun, I’m off to Kew Gardens.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a Food Dr bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a new Aldi protein bar. (See pics below)
Dinner: chicken and mushrooms in creamy mushroom sauce with Brussels and runner beans followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.
The Aldi protein bars are a new discovery, available in four flavours, not everyone’s cup of tea, but these type of bars help me stick to low carb.

View attachment 53897
Hi this is a good find. Do you know the carbs in them I’m going to Aldi later to day to but that FITT cube exercise it’s on offer I like the birthday cake one in the carb killers so I bet it’s just like them

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi this is a good find. Do you know the carbs in them I’m going to Aldi later to day to but that FITT cube exercise it’s on offer I like the birthday cake one in the carb killers so I bet it’s just like them
To be honest I don’t know exactly as although polyols are listed in the ingredients, in the nutritional info there isn’t a quantity for them. So guesstimating they are 3 - 4g of impact carbs (carb total minus polyols) per bar. The proof is really in testing, I was fine with the birthday cake one, which incidentally is very similar to the carb killa birthday cake one just a bit more chewy.