What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a PE cookies and cream bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: chicken with pork and apple stuffing, Brussels, broccoli and a couple of baby carrots with a splash of gravy followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All like the sound of the celeriac dauphinoise though the cream would be an issue. I very much like mashed swede and mashed celeriac but cutting them up is almost impossible. After fighting with the last swede for 15 mins it ended up in the bin! Waitrose do frozen celeriac “pellets” but I wish the supermarkets sold chunks of both veg like they do with butternut squash. Yesterday I had lunch out with friends and had chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce with salad. Coffe after though I think they gave me cappuccino which would be too carbs probs instead of flat white. It didnt seem worth making a fuss at the time. In the evening I had 8 mini mestballs in chilli sauce and some green beans. This mornings FBG was the worst ever so either I ate too much yesterday or there were more carbs than I realised
Today usual brekkie HiLo toast and lots of tea. Worked in the garden in morning helping Mr PM seed a large area behind the heathers. Lunch was small plate ham salad with a few pickled onions. Supper will be chicken & pepper stir fry in Teriyaki sauce and green beans.

For really hard veg, I have one of these knives - although, not this actual knife. It has zero flex on the blade, so goes through swede and celeriac no trouble, without feeling too risky.

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/tsuki-series-7-cleaver-160mm/cf840

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today bed 7 2 FBG 6. Miserable day.

B. TAG and 1 M&S Wheaten cracker with whipped cheese.

L. 3 M&S Wheaten crackers and salmon pate.

D. A mixture. Took most of a leftover breast of chicken from yesterday and added fried sliced mushrooms santini tomatoes, 100g spinach and fried in some butter. Finally added parmesan and some cream. Worked quite well.

M&S plum.
20220405_183033.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For really hard veg, I have one of these knives - although, not this actual knife. It has zero flex on the blade, so goes through swede and celeriac no trouble, without feeling too risky.

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/tsuki-series-7-cleaver-160mm/cf840
If hubby is unavailable I use a Chinese cleaver too I do have the added advantage of the slicing attachment on my Kenwood but the slices are a bit small (although the dicing attachment will get an airing this week as my Italian tripe recipe will be done again).

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If hubby is unavailable I use a Chinese cleaver too I do have the added advantage of the slicing attachment on my Kenwood but the slices are a bit small (although the dicing attachment will get an airing this week as my Italian tripe recipe will be done again).

I have 2 traditional style Chinese cleavers, which I rarely use but Neil brought one with him when he moved home which is made in the same way as the big, heavy ones, but the blade is much narrower. It is useful for hard to cut vegetables.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages, eggs, small tin of baked beans, mushrooms for breakfast.
No smoko again.
Red Rooster whole roast chicken, veggies and gravy, low sugar orange jelly with osmolax for lunch.
Ramadan veggie curry from neighbour, with leftover chicken mixed in for supper at six.

Crispbread with blue cheese watching Prime.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
My sons 17th birthday half low carb bun 1 carb bacon. Half fibre one bar 2 carbs. Salad tuna lettuce cucumber chicken leg and green peppers. quavers. Pub meal mix grill no chips steak chicken gammon sausage a egg mushrooms fried onions. One vodka n Pepsi max. Then 4 coors and 3 tenants lights and 3 vodka n Pepsi a few nuts oh dreading tomorrow

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
My sons 17th birthday half low carb bun 1 carb bacon. Half fibre one bar 2 carbs. Salad tuna lettuce cucumber chicken leg and green peppers. quavers. Pub meal mix grill no chips steak chicken gammon sausage a egg mushrooms fried onions. One vodka n Pepsi max. Then 4 coors and 3 tenants lights and 3 vodka n Pepsi a few nuts oh dreading tomorrow
Not to bad tho I didn’t eat cake and carbs were I’d say under 70 to 80 carbs. Last hbc1a was 31mm in March xx one yer on 54 to 31 must be doing well

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast, just coffee with cream
L: ff greek with seeds and berries
Walk round a local botanical garden looking for blossom and trying to avoid all the kids - forgot it is school hols.
D: bolognaise with cabbage (boys had spaghetti). Small scoop proper icecream
I glass red wine out at bookclub
10pm snack of 4 seedy crackers with cheese

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
2 fried eggs on toast this morning. Not sure that there will be anything else today, other than tea. Oh, of course, I forgot, a glass of pink grapefruit juice. I didn't have grapefruit in any form while I was on statins but now I'm off them, I realised that I could, so I got Neil to buy me a carton.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
(April 5th)

Breakfast (9am): 0% greek yogurt with sliced strawberries, black coffee
Snack (10:30am): None
Lunch (12pm):, Half portion of omelette with 3 eggs, ham, cheese, onions, and mushrooms
Snack (3pm): None
Dinner (6pm): Creamy garlic chicken thighs, carrots (from this recipe https://www.wholesomeyum.com/creamy-garlic-chicken-recipe/ )
Evening Snack (10pm): Peanuts and two low carb beers, snuck a few handfuls of wife’s popcorn

Walked 6.44km to bring my YTD total to 442.44km.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 fried eggs on toast this morning. Not sure that there will be anything else today, other than tea. Oh, of course, I forgot, a glass of pink grapefruit juice. I didn't have grapefruit in any form while I was on statins but now I'm off them, I realised that I could, so I got Neil to buy me a carton.

Ann, grapefruit interacts with more meds than just statins. This NHS page mentions a few: https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-qu...inking grapefruit,the effect the medicine has.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Thanks for the advice. But I've checked them out and none of the medicines I now take are affected by grapefruit. Not that I'll be having it very often. Not sure how many carbs are in grapefruit, but there are some, so still need to be avoided.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B : ff greek, seeds and berries
Coffee with cream
L: veg soup made with stock from the Sunday gammon
Mid afternoon too may spoon licking and tastings of lc baking. 1 square chocolate brownie, 1 sq cinnamon cake (for quality control purposes ;))
D: pork chop, cabbage, celeriac dauphinoise

Bg was higher than usual on rising, and again after breakfast. Havent tested since but wondering if I'm brewing an infection. Sort of hoping it's covid as want to get it out of the way before holiday

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mid am a few spoons of hm yoghurts with a spoon of hm stewed yorks rhubarb
Mid pm a few more spoons of hm yoghurts and four squares of 100% chocolate
Dinner lamb loin with cauliflower cheese followed by lc chocolate brownie warmed and served with hm yoghurt

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They have all been used up covering others. There's so much covid around.
You're correct there! I've now got eldest Grandson back to teach They got through this morning with another teacher but the other senior class was told not to cone in, and now his class is home too. They're dropping like flies! He told me he's not worried about Covid now because he had it at Christmas and has had his first jab.

Food today bed 6.8 FBG 6 4

B. TAG and a M&S Wheaten cracker with salmon mousse.

L. Another 3 crackers with salmon while grandson was eating lunch and I was multi tasking sorting out a writing practice lesson.

D. Liver, bacon, fried egg and a mix of spinach/mushrooms/santini tomatoes. Currently drinking coconut milk and sorting out Maths revision for tomorrow.

At least the holidays start on Friday so they have 2 weeks for everyone to recover and get back to "normal".