What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B/ 3 rashers bacon, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms, slice soughdough toast with butter
L/ 4 slices ham, tablespoon crunchy peanut butter, 3 strawberries, Brie & homemade low carb banana & walnut bread & butter
D/ roast pork with crackling, 1 roast potato, 1 parsnip, carrots, leeks, broccoli & onion gravy
S/ handful of Brazil nuts

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheese on toast for breakfast.
Nothing for smoko.
Nothing for lunch feeling crook in my guts.
Tin of hearty beef soup, two slices of toast.

Glass of single malt and a early night.

Reactions: maglil55

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I have just caved in and had 4 small slices of nimble toasted with tons of butter. Had a headache from hell all day and comfort was all I wanted. Now I feel hot, p off and too scared to take my sugar reading. Its only 20 mins ago I had the carbs from hell but it hits me straight away - I feel even more pants now :arghh:

2 or so hours later taken bg and its a filthy 10.2

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had two of yesterdays leftover hard boiled eggs, halved and topped with the smoked fish/mayo stuff, and a burger on sauerkraut. :)

I also had my usual slice of low carb bread at around 2 pm. I always take my 1000 mg of metformin with that meal, right before eating.
I remember realising I had forgotten about 10 minutes after and thinking I could still take it.

Now I'm wondering if I hadn't forgotten in the first place, which would mean I've taken a double dose, considering sudden side effects...
Wish me luck tonight!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone. Despite the rain. Mr PM and son managed to bbq lots of chicken, burgers and sausages, more than we needed as other son & partner didnt make it. As usual I ate more meat than I would otherwise accompanied by a baked Portobello mushroom and griddled asparagus. Otherwise I just had scrambled eggs.
So today it will be more of the same food!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Now I'm wondering if I hadn't forgotten in the first place, which would mean I've taken a double dose, considering sudden side effects...
Wish me luck tonight!
Happy to report I slept well with no accidents, although I did need the toilet in the middle of the night. I feel very lucky! :)

Reactions: iwilltouchyourcat

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
@Antje77 I've cook your pepper soup! It's really tasty!
I'm not sure that I cooked it right, but it doesn't matter

Screenshot_20220502_151911_com.huawei.photos.png

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
26B9ABCE-7B1D-4DB8-B6FB-F42F970115DC.jpeg
Three meals again today
Late breakfast two boiled eggs
Lunch a couple of lc seeded crackers with hm pate followed by hm yoghurts with stewed rhubarb and three squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner chicken breasts marinated in Indian spices and olive oil served with salsa (avocado with Corriander leaves and some small tomatoes in lemon juice) and hm sauerkraut with beetroot then for pudding lc blondie

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 3 eggs scrambled
2 hour walk with a friend
L: salad with cheese and ham. A nut bar
A snooze
2 hours gardening (desperate here for rain, ground so hard and dusty)
D: slow cooked beef, cauliflower cheese, green beans, broccoli. 1 scoop icecreaam

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday bed 7 3 FBG 6.8.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with roast beef and coleslaw.

L Nothing - going to the Thai later.

D. White wine spritzer with soda. 1 rib, mini spring roll, prawn, squid, cauli rice, red curry prawns, a spoonful of tamarind duck, crispy haddock with chilli. Lots of water.

1 HC Gin truffle. 7 of us at Thai so bits of most dishes. They always cook my cauli rice for me (the advantage of knowing the owner).

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Legs really awful today and that has affected my eating.

Breakfast: wholemeal toast with butter and Marmite - only 2 shuffles from my big chair and very quick so I can sit down again very quickly.

2nd meal: is going to be bacon and cabbage in butter. It's on the hob just now and will be ready shortly. I nearly didn't do this and was tempted just to have a snack of a packet of crisps and leave it at that, but I knew that would be a bad idea so waited for a while to persuade myself that I could use my legs. I don't remember when they were so bad before. If I can't walk in a short time, I'll get Neil to pour the food out onto a plate for me.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
Hi all new to post on this thread
. Breakfast 10.00 scrambled eggs, reahers, sausage, avacado and some nmushrooms
Lunch 13.30 cheese and ham salad sandwich using lettuce leaves as bread
Dinner 21.00 was late tonight. Thai food. chicken skewers and steak with stir fry green veg.
2x Squares of 90% lint chocolate.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mashed up hard boiled eggs on toast for breakfast.
Couple of slices of "low carb cake" from the cake that the new Blue Care nurse bought in, she replaced "Amazing Grace" who has recently left BC for a better position else where. Lemon cordial with a large scoop of osmolax for smoko.
Small portion savoury mince and mashed veggies for lunch.
Two slices of toast with some of the savoury mince on it for supper at six.

Glass of single malt whisky and another early night to bed.