Forum moderator nominations 2022 - now open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Once again I nominate @Fenn based purely on looks and personality, I have spoken to him and he would accept the job as head moderator on the condition he received £2 from each forum member, weekly. PayPal and all major credit cards accepted.
Too bad. I'd love to finally have a mod with looks and personality in the team, but your terms automatically disqualify you based on rule C12 of our forum ethos:
Further examples where Moderation is likely to take place:
Using our Forum as a method to solicit users without seeking prior approval from the Moderators.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Too bad. I'd love to finally have a mod with looks and personality in the team, but your terms automatically disqualify you based on rule C12 of our forum ethos:
Further examples where Moderation is likely to take place:
Using our Forum as a method to solicit users without seeking prior approval from the Moderators.
Getting so hard to find a well paying volunteers role these days, in all seriousness though, I nominate all current mods based purely on awesomeness!

Reactions: Lainie71 and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I think the current mods do a good job too.:)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Many thanks to the existing mods for all their selfless hard work. I am flattered to have been nominated but will decline as I am currently getting involved in a more person to person voluntary role. However I shall continue to hunt down trolls and snake oil salesman from the sidelines and to debunk myths and scientifically unfounded beliefs.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Many thanks to the existing mods for all their selfless hard work. I am flattered to have been nominated but will decline as I am currently getting involved in a more person to person voluntary role. However I shall continue to hunt down trolls and snake oil salesman from the sidelines and to debunk myths and scientifically unfounded beliefs.
I wish you well with the voluntary role you're taking, hope it will be as enjoyable as being a mod is!
And please keep hunting from the sidelines, it's much appreciated!

Reactions: Marie 2

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On the grounds that I am not good looking and have no personality whatsoever I must respectfully decline. Of course, the lack of financial inducements has nothing to do with my decision. :)

Seriously, I have needed to be moderated myself a few times recently and I therefore don't think I am suitable for the post.

Thanks

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Seriously, I have needed to be moderated myself a few times recently and I therefore don't think I am suitable for the post.
Not having been moderated in the past is not a prerequisite to be a mod.
If you'd like to stand for election, please do!

Reactions: jjraak

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
On the grounds that I am not good looking and have no personality whatsoever I must respectfully decline. Of course, the lack of financial inducements has nothing to do with my decision. :)

Thanks
“Only the sinner has the right to preach”

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really can't. Neither my eyesight nor my typing skills are good enough. It takes me ages to do the few bits I do post, sorry

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I really can't. Neither my eyesight nor my typing skills are good enough. It takes me ages to do the few bits I do post, sorry
Oh, that a sad reason to have to decline, I'm sorry.
However, if it also affects your reading, I think you're right to decline. We don't really need to write a lot, but we do a lot of reading and skimming through threads and skipping between tabs.
I'll edit the opening post.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks

In the vein of it takes a thief to catch a thief, being moderated sounds like a bonus point, ;)

Sad about the money part :hilarious:

I thought you'd have been a good choice but like others , have to respect your decision :).

Take care, @zand

Reactions: Antje77

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Status
Not open for further replies.